We Need to Talk

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
PharaohSabre

We Need to Talk

Post by PharaohSabre » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:40 pm

About this annoying little figment of some people's imaginations called game 'Etiquette'. We need to just do away with it. Like, all of it. It's not a real thing and it doesn't need to be.

I'm gonna step on A LOT of toes here and quite frankly I don't care. As someone who's played this game since back when Green hills was the only map, TS didn't exist and you couldn't talk to your enemies in PVP, I can say with a degree of certainty that this game has gotten more dull and more annoying to play as of recent because of it.

I'll start with PVP.

PVP is NOT supposed to be easy. I remember being level 21 and being terrified of PVP because of how many times I got my tail handed to me on a silver platter. Especially when I was the weakest in the server. Even at level 50 I'm STILL the weakest wolf in some servers. Now suddenly everyone's trying to turn pvp into this lovey-dovey safe place that it isn't supposed to be, when you have Co-op for that. And I personally think it sucks. It's called an ARENA. Not a lot of happy things go on in Arenas. Not the ones I prefer.

☆Portal blocking is a STRATEGY. I don't do it often for the sake of the smooth movement of the fight but really you're supposed to find a way to set a portal without the enemy seeing or stopping you. Not pray they have mercy and let you do it. Also, no rules against it.

☆I personally find leaving the server before certain death amusing as I see it as an act of cowardess. (Not that I haven't done it before, mind you) No rules against this either. :D

☆People are getting lectured because they wouldn't make it easier for their enemy to kill them. (Running, howling home, etc.) Which is just soooo bratty. You want a kill? Stop whining and work for it. And if you can make yourself more difficult to kill, by all means do it. If you have to double/tripple team, sprint away, run out from under the TS cloud, or chase an enemy on their last 400 hp, go ahead. Why? Because there are no rules against any of these things e i t h e r. :roll:

This especially applies to several wolves attacking one wolf. I mean honestly, we have teams for a reason. And if your health is 12k or higher you can definitely expect four 4-6k wolves to run a train on you. It's a boost to your ego if you manage to kill them all and not die anyway.

"Really 2v1 ughh :/" Complain to someone else hun, I'm not hearing it.

☆Targeting lower levels/Hps than yours. Don't come at me about this I will NOT hesitate to sprint after a 3k or a Lvl 48. A kill is a kill.

Now, on to Co-op.

☆ 'Stolen' kills. Can we please shut up about stolen kills. EVERYTHING on and in the map is fair game. Nothing belongs to you. You cannot steal something that isn't owned by anyone. I literally don't care how many coins you need. Instead of telling people what they can and cannot do focus on the goal. You'd probably reach the it faster if you spent more time hunting instead of whining and crying over pixel animals.

And you know what the real kicker is? The same people that foam at the mouth over a regular ol' yak you took from them are the first ones to holler "ShaRe sHaRe shArE" when a champion kills you. Their stuff is theirs ONLY but when there are gems involved suddenly everyone wants a piece. Hypocrisy at it's finest. Speaking of champs.

☆NO ONE IS OBLIGATED TO SHARE A CHAMPION THEY CAN KILL ALONE. I can't stress this enough. I'm sick and tired of seeing people getting harrassed and called names because they choose not to broadcast their findings to everyone in the room. On the flip side, no one's obligated to leave the one you found alone either. If you find one kill it before anyone reaches your area and takes if from you. That being said, if you find one that someone else is killing you can go after that too. Especially if they die in the process. Like I said, everything's fair game.

I dislike the concept of game etiquette because it creates whiny entitled players that throw tantrums and label you a cheater because you didn't follow their made up rules. I despise these players because they make PVP extremely annoying to play. These same cry babies think everyone owes it to them to make the game easier for them and will spend more time complaining you to death about how you play the game than they actually will using that thing called a brain to find a way around your antics. They will scold and insult you for playing the game in every allowable movement and facet the game offers while they choose to limit theirs.

Call me old fashioned if you want but... If this is game etiquette then I have none. And I'm not sorry. Im not saying to go bully and/or harrass anyone. There IS a rule against THAT. But I'm not going to make the game easier for you just because you think you deserve it. If Swiftapps saw an issue with any of this they would have set preventative measures in place. Game etiquette is following the rules the creators set in place. Not trying to force everyone to conform to your made up ones. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.