FYI

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
Hellers honey

FYI

Post by Hellers honey » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:47 pm

FYI (For Yalls Information)

I just wanted to clear something up and let yall know that I enjoy this game too, just like you but for different reasons.
I am not a social person and I don't chat much but I do pay attention to some of the things others post up in the messages sometimes. I find it funny that players are taking my attacks in pvp personal.... I do not know any one well enough to dislike them nor does anyone know me outside this game, and the kind of person I am in rl. I do not take attacks personal normally but when I get told that folks are wanting me dead (in game) and targeting me, it is hard not to. I like the game play, and attacking to gain points is the biggest part of it for me.
I do not play for social interaction (too much drama stresses me out) or to make friends (have no need for more) or find a mate. ( I have a mate, he is the love of my life and no other will ever do)
I play for the achievement and goal factor. I like the attacking and I try to do it as often and as much as I can :) Fairly.... I don't like the glitches and I do not use them because it defeats the challenge of the game for me. I don't do the rp thing so I stay out of the message box most days. I try to stay to myself and mind my own business...... none of you know me outside this game and the trolling is uncalled for imo
I have been called a b*tch and other colorful names and targeted (personally) in pvp ..... I do not mean any of my attacks to be taken personal. I do not know any one well enough to make it personal yet others have chosen to take a personal attack stance against me.....
I am a 44 yr old woman with two grown adult sons. I do not find it productive to argue with some of the folks in the game, and it just seems very silly to me to waste any amount of time on the tit for tat "I'm gonna kill you" banter (unless it is amongst friends as a joke lol which I find to be entertaining :D
I also find it difficult to relate to most of the younger kids that play so I stay out of convos for a reason. I am not trying to be rude or anything by turning the messages off or ignoring them, I just find no relation or interest in it. I am just there to kill animals and gain points. I dislike the drama and try to avoid it as best as I can.

xPriscilla

Re: FYI

Post by xPriscilla » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:41 pm

There really was no need to post a new thread concerning this. If you have been called provocative names by someone you can e-mail Rogue directly by private messaging, or you can turn off chat dir by tapping the 3 dots in the left hand side of the screen (in-game). If you find you are being "targeted" and it is an annoyance to you, simply leave the server and find a new one. There will always be players who may not typically like you however there are options you can take to ignore such people.

Calamity

Post by Calamity » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:50 pm

xPriscilla wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:41 pm
There really was no need to post a new thread concerning this. If you have been called provocative names by someone you can e-mail Rogue directly by private messaging, or you can turn off chat dir by tapping the 3 dots in the left hand side of the screen (in-game). If you find you are being "targeted" and it is an annoyance to you, simply leave the server and find a new one. There will always be players who may not typically like you however there are options you can take to ignore such people.
It may be hard for some players to simply ignore. We can't simply desensitize people, that is just not how it works. When was ignoring an actual solution to help anything? Stimulation is met with response, and provocations is one such stimulation. Besides, the misconduct can be very uncontrolled in this game. It could be managed better, even if we can't fully neutralize it. It's not the player's fault that they can't just mute a single disruptive person in the chat neither, so it even leaves the "ignore" option impaired.

xPriscilla

Post by xPriscilla » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:04 am

Calamity wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:50 pm
xPriscilla wrote:
It may be hard for some players to simply ignore. We can't simply desensitize people, that is just not how it works. When was ignoring an actual solution to help anything? Stimulation is met with response, and provocations is one such stimulation. Besides, the misconduct can be very uncontrolled in this game. It could be managed better, even if we can't fully neutralize it. It's not the player's fault that they can't just mute a single disruptive person in the chat neither, so it even leaves the "ignore" option impaired.
Once again, if the need to create a thread about something that I'm sure happens to players everyday (which they all deal differently) you can report the players via screenshot of what they are saying that offends you in any way, shape or form. And then proceed to Private Message Rogue. Ignoring is very easy, either leave the server, or turn off your global chat. Not much to it :) I realize players deal with things differently which is why I said to private message Rogue concerning your situation if you can't take what players of The Wolf have to throw at you.

Calamity

Post by Calamity » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:09 am

xPriscilla wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:04 am
Calamity wrote:
xPriscilla wrote:
Once again, if the need to create a thread about something that I'm sure happens to players everyday (which they all deal differently) you can report the players via screenshot of what they are saying that offends you in any way, shape or form. And then proceed to Private Message Rogue. Ignoring is very easy, either leave the server, or turn off your global chat. Not much to it :) I realize players deal with things differently which is why I said to private message Rogue concerning your situation if you can't take what players of The Wolf have to throw at you.
I never commented on the thread aspect. Sure, deal with it in a private report. :D Is there even a rule prohibiting such thread matters from being made though? I don't really mind either way.
Ignoring may be easy for you, but you have to consider how it is for other people. Besides, leaving the room is inconvenient, especially if the player has already accumulated a score. Some player make that to be an objective. Also, other servers might not have the ideal animals for the players, especially with the new update on animals.
Sometimes, it's hard to simply walk away when someone is trying to attacking you personally.
As I've said, it might be easy for you to just leave the server or to just turn off the chat, but a lot of players do find it difficult to simply ignore and they do have feelings that can be hurt. That is the very reason why arguments do occur from a player's disruptive behavior and why threads such as these are made. I've previously aforementioned, stimulation is usually met with response. Perhaps you could handle that well, but there are many players still bothered by unruly conduct.
There isn't an individual "mute" button neither, and many times it just one player in the room. Thus, it's impossible to hide the chat while wanting to chat with a comrade.
Furthermore, there is the issue of players being ensnared to a server. As someone has mentioned, it makes "ignoring" difficult when you leave only to be repetitively placed into the same server.

xPriscilla

Post by xPriscilla » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:15 pm

Calamity wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:09 am
xPriscilla wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:04 am
Calamity wrote:

I never commented on the thread aspect. Sure, deal with it in a private report. :D Is there even a rule prohibiting such thread matters from being made though? I don't really mind either way.
Ignoring may be easy for you, but you have to consider how it is for other people. Besides, leaving the room is inconvenient, especially if the player has already accumulated a score. Some player make that to be an objective. Also, other servers might not have the ideal animals for the players, especially with the new update on animals.
Sometimes, it's hard to simply walk away when someone is trying to attacking you personally.
As I've said, it might be easy for you to just leave the server or to just turn off the chat, but a lot of players do find it difficult to simply ignore and they do have feelings that can be hurt. That is the very reason why arguments do occur from a player's disruptive behavior and why threads such as these are made. I've previously aforementioned, stimulation is usually met with response. Perhaps you could handle that well, but there are many players still bothered by unruly conduct.
There isn't an individual "mute" button neither, and many times it just one player in the room. Thus, it's impossible to hide the chat while wanting to chat with a comrade.
Furthermore, there is the issue of players being ensnared to a server. As someone has mentioned, it makes "ignoring" difficult when you leave only to be repetitively placed into the same server.
There's really nothing anybody can do about it, than the devs. Thus why I said send a private message to him. You saw how long it took to roll out an update. It'll take a good bit for them to well. Control whatever she wants done here. There's no stopping the name calling, the targeting. That's all just part of games and life in general. I understand she came here hoping for people to read and realize "oh ok, she's just playing the game like me" unfortuantely, being that this is 2017/2018 its not that easy for people to forgive and forget as it used to be. Being that she stated before, she's dealing with a wholeee other age group. Moral of the story is. There's no avoiding it. Annoyances are everywhere. And I felt that this thread was a bit off-topic stating that this was a "leave me alone"' case. As profanity in chat against players has already been made. It can further lock the thread rendering it useless to see a conversationg that isn't active anymore. To each his own as to what I say. Personal preferences will always vary person-to-person.

Hellers honey

Post by Hellers honey » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:32 pm

I honestly had no idea where else to post a 'general' message to players. I just wanted it known that I have no problem ignoring and just letting the dramas flow by me without response. I also did not feel it that much of a bother to go crying to the dev or admins about folks annoying me lol it is not that big of a deal to me that folks dislike me and try to troll and insult me. I only wanted to let some folks know that I am not being rude if I do not chat and get involved in the drama that goes on. I just want points :D

xPriscilla

Post by xPriscilla » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:32 pm

Hellers honey wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:32 pm
I honestly had no idea where else to post a 'general' message to players. I just wanted it known that I have no problem ignoring and just letting the dramas flow by me without response. I also did not feel it that much of a bother to go crying to the dev or admins about folks annoying me lol it is not that big of a deal to me that folks dislike me and try to troll and insult me. I only wanted to let some folks know that I am not being rude if I do not chat and get involved in the drama that goes on. I just want points :D
As do us all (who want points) I too have come acorss people who get mad when I kill the person they are "farming" some people just have to suck it up. Anyways, I understand what you are saying. Everyone in this case and the game in general are just goi to have to deal with it. Otherwise, I don't really see any other way to handle it. People can be egotistical morons these days. :lol:

LightninOG

Post by LightninOG » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:49 am

Sorry to interrupt but i have a question... ive seen th word, farming, used many times within the Wolf discussion boards. Can or would either of yall please elaborate on what that means within the actual game? I mean i know what what it means to "Farm" irl just not sure what it has to do with playing a game or how to farm lol. Sorry for butting in :D

BOREALIS

Post by BOREALIS » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:16 pm

LightninOG wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:49 am
Sorry to interrupt but i have a question... ive seen th word, farming, used many times within the Wolf discussion boards. Can or would either of yall please elaborate on what that means within the actual game? I mean i know what what it means to "Farm" irl just not sure what it has to do with playing a game or how to farm lol. Sorry for butting in :D
When you're farming with someone in The Wolf, it means you and another person are taking turns giving each other free points and kills.
ᏰᎧᏒᏋᏗᏝᎥᏕ
Head Alpha of ᏑṾẆϯ
Health 96~Defense MAX~Attack 96~Speed MAX
Packs: VW, SH, RA
Kik: Borealis_Winterwish
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I αм α ωσƖf.
QυιєтƖу I ωιƖƖ єηɗυяє.
SιƖєηтƖу I ωιƖƖ ѕυffєя.
ƤαтιєηтƖу I ωιƖƖ ωαιт.
Ƒσя I αм α ωαяяισя.
Aηɗ I ωιƖƖ ѕυяνινє.