Giving Alphas temporary immunity from attack while Alpha Howling

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
S.K.Y.

Giving Alphas temporary immunity from attack while Alpha Howling

Post by S.K.Y. » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:54 pm

An issue I have run into in PVP mode (and sometimes Co-Op) is the inability to Alpha Howl because I am being attacked by another player or animal.

In PVP, most players meet in the middle of the map to fight. This is great as long as the alpha portal is in effect. However, once it is gone, players need to run back to that area, thus interrupting the flow of fighting. It saves everyone time if the Alphas are able to use their portals. However, sometimes players will attack the alpha while they are howling and prevent this from happening. Right now you just have to ask not to be attacked and hope the other players will respect that.

I propose that alphas are given temporary immunity to attack while alpha howling to allow them to complete that process. This will also help in co-op mode if the alpha is being attacked by an animal while they are howling.

Naturally, you have to consider that some players will try to take advantage of this to make themselves constantly immune by repeatedly pressing the howl button. Which is why I propose that an independent Alpha Howl button be made - which only appears when a player is alpha. This button can not be repeatedly pressed, but rather, must be held down to make it work. If the player moves or presses it repeatedly, it does not work. Then the usual countdown begins again (is it 1 minute between howls?).

By doing this, players will be able to produce alpha portals when they need them without being interrupted by attack and will not be able to take advantage of this ability. -Kathwulf
:arrow: Username:Kathwulf Breed:Silverwolf ID:9395038 Lvl:50 KIK:Kathwulf

rain

Re: Giving Alphas temporary immunity from attack while Alpha Howling

Post by rain » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:30 am

I agree with this. The "port block" as most people call it, is one of the reasons why PvP gets quite frustration. The solution you have thought of is a good idea and I hope that it gets taken into the game in a future update.

It is clear that you have thought of the possible flaws and found solutions to them so I definitely support your idea.
~ cyne rain
Please don't be offended.

Alfio

Post by Alfio » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:11 am

Yes! Recently just got into PvP and even when in co-op being attacked by prey when howling to use a portal is very frustrating! This would be such a good thing to improve on.

yakuza

Post by yakuza » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:18 pm

I'm not really sure if I get this right, but isn't it matter of tactic to "protect" Alpha from attack to let her/him howl? Placing portal gives you great boost so it would ruin balance if it was too trivial to place one. For me it's matter of preparing and playing as team to place portal well.
/Y