Skill Adjustment Suggestions For Game Improvement.

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
Something Fred

Skill Adjustment Suggestions For Game Improvement.

Post by Something Fred » Wed May 15, 2019 5:02 pm

I spend a lot of time in game both pvp and co-op and there are things that strike me as easily changed to improve overall play. Some are long term issues and others more recent changes by devs that IMO were bad ideas. My suggestions would have the intention to allow people to vary their game play a little more.

PVP is dominated by people using Freezing Breath and the only real alternative to this in competitive combat is Venomous Skin. It gets tedious and there are other skills that have good attributes but seem weighted incorrectly, so adjust them and let us use them!

By section:
BASIC

Firewall - A powerful skill but seriously limited by its damage area. Increase this to something similar to the fire floor that the Auroch Champion uses.

On a side note, it would be nice if you could put some effort into the jump claws which fail too regularly to make them reliable in PVP. People have to choose Life Steal to avoid wasting skills.

AURAS

Battle Orders - This could be a real fun addition to war but a cool down of 120 seconds verges on ridiculous and makes it unusable. I’d suggest bringing this right down to 30 seconds and making it a serious alternative to Damage Boost.

Acursing Bite - Until recently I had rarely used this skill but had a lot of fun in Co-Op with it running with a friend. People rarely use it because the cooldown is too long for the damage it does. Again if it’s cooldown was reduced significantly it might become a useable tool.

SPECIAL

Venomous Skin - Low cost makes it seem overpowered. Cool down should be increased and damage reduced.

Poison Nova - Underpowered. Damage is too low for its cool down period, so either increase its capability or reduce cool down to sub 30 seconds which could make it a viable alternative to longer loading more powerful skills.

Hurricane - For it’s cost and position in the chart this should be a useable skill but it’s rarely used for anything other than playing around. A 50 second cooldown gives it no chance to compete with Freezing Breath, Poisonous Cloud, Thunderstorm etc. Reduce its cooldown and increase its damage capability.

Poisonous Cloud - 50 second cool down needs to be reduced to compete closer with Freezing Breath.

Freezing Breath - As mentioned above this skill is dominating PVP as well as being many people’s preferred choice in co-op. If used correctly it’s damage capabilities are massive and with such a fast cool down it makes it hard to choose anything else. Bring it in line with the other high end skills.

Thunderstorm - It was already a dying skill, after players reach a certain level the need to use it is reduced, it has enough of a restriction with people being able to run from it, (which is fine) but it does not need a cool down of 60 seconds! As mentioned above, bring this in line with Poisonous Cloud and Freezing Breath.

They are my views and being level 12 or highly levelled in almost every skill I have no reason to favour one or the other, I’d just like to see gameplay have a bit more variation.

Fred.

Unrealisation

Re: Skill Adjustment Suggestions For Game Improvement.

Post by Unrealisation » Thu May 16, 2019 5:33 am

Excellent point and suggestions you wrote, Fred. I do think that certain skills need to have lower/higher cooldown time or decreased/increased damage. And I agree: fb can be overpowered sometimes with its quick cooldown time; ts and pc cooldown times need to be lowered. I'm a ts user and I've been playing for a long time. I don't know what the devs were thinking when they decided to increase the cooldown town from 50/55 sec to a full-blown minute. Maybe pc cooldown time could be lowered to 40/45 sec and ts to 45/50 sec :?: That would be especially nice because I wouldn't have to wait one minute to use it every time. Basic, aura and special skills shouldn't have too long of cooldown time, for they are the core skills since the beginning of the game.

Your idea of decreasing battle orders cooldown time to 30 sec is interesting. It does make sense tho: db boosts your damage and bo boosts your hp, so I do think it's fair to make both of them have around the same cooldown time. More hp vs more damage done.

As for other skills, I don't use them much unless I'm messing around with my friends and other people (like you said).

All in all, very good improvement suggestions you have there!
cнocoнolιc, ѕĸaтιng enтнυѕιaѕт, and ѕervanт тo мυlтιple caтѕ.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ

Maple

Post by Maple » Fri May 17, 2019 7:16 am

Something Fred wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:02 pm
I spend a lot of time in game both pvp and co-op and there are things that strike me as easily changed to improve overall play. Some are long term issues and others more recent changes by devs that IMO were bad ideas.
Unrealisation wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:33 am
Excellent point and suggestions you wrote, Fred. I do think that certain skills need to have lower/higher cooldown time or decreased/increased damage. And I agree: fb can be overpowered sometimes with its quick cooldown time; ts and pc cooldown times need to be lowered. I'm a ts user and I've been playing for a long time. I don't know what the devs were thinking when they decided to increase the cooldown town from 50/55 sec to a full-blown minute. Maybe pc cooldown time could be lowered to 40/45 sec and ts to 45/50 sec :?: That would be especially nice because I wouldn't have to wait one minute to use it every time.
The high reload times are obviously to set the balance with the damage rate and duration. Thunderstorm's reload time has been increased because it is obvious how overpowered it can be, combined or not combined with Damage Boost. Poison Cloud was another skill that got OP when it was introduced, along with Freezing Breath and Frozen Claw, so they reduced its fatality. Reload time is something that one should take into account seriously when choosing what skill to use; it cannot be altered by upgrading the skill. There are advantages and disadvantages present for each skill, up to the player to decide which one to use. Some skills have been shadowed by others, but with every update comes skill tweaks that are efforts to balance things out. I wouldn't throw them all aside and label them irrational. I do not want to see Thunderstorms being recharged almost as soon as the duration is finished. Then there is no point for people to use, say, Fire Nova for its shorter cooldown and decent damage on higher level.
Unrealisation wrote:
Your idea of decreasing battle orders cooldown time to 30 sec is interesting. It does make sense tho: db boosts your damage and bo boosts your hp, so I do think it's fair to make both of them have around the same cooldown time. More hp vs more damage done.
Well, for me it doesn't make the slightest sense. Damage Boost is a personal skill which boosts your skill and attack damage for its duration, with a decent cooldown of 40 seconds. Battle Orders significantly increases you and your team's health and attacks, as evident from the skill description. Just imagine a team stacking BO four times on each other, and doing it again in a very small amount of time, perhaps even before the previous ones wear out.
Unrealisation wrote:
And I agree: fb can be overpowered sometimes with its quick cooldown time; ts and pc cooldown times need to be lowered.
Frostbite is NOT overpowered, if I do say so myself as a frostbite user older than the chat system in the game. The cooldown is decent enough, not too quick, and the damage done is not more than 2000 on a lucky hit for my level 11. It also pauses your wolf when you use it for a few moments, also immobilising and exposing yourself in the fast paced fights occurring on level 50 servers.
Last edited by Maple on Fri May 17, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maple | Shard | Nocturnal

I write foolishly long posts.

Something Fred

Post by Something Fred » Fri May 17, 2019 10:52 am

Maple, everyone is entitled to their opinion and usually I like hearing the alternative views but I fear your responses show that you did not really understand my original post nor Unrealisation’s response.

You start with saying
“The high reload times are obviously to set the balance with the damage rate and duration.”
The point of the post is that the balance between damage and cooldown duration do not seem correct with the current setup. This is what needs correcting.

With reference to my view on Battle Orders, I do understand what you are saying and getting the balance between cooldown and the increase in life would need to be completed carefully but in today’s game format where many players are capable of causing damage in excess of 30k with their Freezing Breath (haven’t checked for a while but I think mine is circa 40k) then the damage that can be done by two, let alone three or four players would outstrip a significant battle orders increase in most occasions.

Finally you say,
“Frostbite is NOT overpowered, if I do say so myself”
If you had read carefully you would have seen that Unrealisation is referring to my view on Freezing Breath when she says FB, which quite clearly is OP at present.

Again I will reiterate my original posts point, in nearly all rooms you will find only a select few skills being used. We have so many choices and for people to mostly just choose the same couple then that would suggest the balance is not right. Auras for example, probably 95% of people at any time will be using Damage Boost, the occasional player will use Speed or a Heal to help others but the rest are virtually never seen and similar examples can be made in each category.

Fred

Maple

Post by Maple » Fri May 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Something Fred wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:52 am
You start with saying
“The high reload times are obviously to set the balance with the damage rate and duration.”
The point of the post is that the balance between damage and cooldown duration do not seem correct with the current setup. This is what needs correcting.
Something Fred wrote:
With reference to my view on Battle Orders, I do understand what you are saying and getting the balance between cooldown and the increase in life would need to be completed carefully but in today’s game format where many players are capable of causing damage in excess of 30k with their Freezing Breath (haven’t checked for a while but I think mine is circa 40k) then the damage that can be done by two, let alone three or four players would outstrip a significant battle orders increase in most occasions.
I understand that the balance of the dominant skills need to get re-determined, but not everyone is as strong in regular attributes and skill levels as you and the other players in level 50 PvP may be. I was opposing mainly because increasing the strength of other skills to balance out the overpowered/popular skills does not correspond to the attributes of players who are not maxed or not near being maxed. Freezing Breath is not widely used in servers of -50 level, but these tweaks to skills like Battle Orders would set the new trend. The capability of damage is unfathomable for beginners in the situations you show as examples, so what you propose may be the solution only for people capable of the 40k damage. The stance the developers take is decreasing the advantages of the popular skills, so that people explore and possibly switch to other skills, without causing the rise of another skill to compete against others. This reductive approach to skill effectiveness opens more room for the regular attack to be used and lengthening the fight durations. This is why some players say lower-lever fights are more enjoyable.
Something Fred wrote:
Finally you say,
“Frostbite is NOT overpowered, if I do say so myself”
If you had read carefully you would have seen that Unrealisation is referring to my view on Freezing Breath when she says FB, which quite clearly is OP at present.
Thank you for pointing out. It is just that when I see the initials of FB I instantly think it is Frostbite because I had seen accusative remarks of it in game recently, and it got mixed up. Totally discard what I said about it, and my apologies for not checking it twice before posting...

Overall I do support the subject of your suggestion, just not the means it is suggested to be achieved by. I again apologize if I failed to effectively communicate my ideas on my previous post, or did so in an excessively aggressive and unclear way.
Maple | Shard | Nocturnal

I write foolishly long posts.

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation » Sat May 18, 2019 1:01 am

Perhaps if pc and ts cooldown times can't be reduced because they're "op," the devs could increase fb cooldown time to maybe 35, 40, or 45 sec. I think this is a simple way to make fb "in line" with pc and ts :?:

As for Maple's comment on bo and db, I still do think that bo cooldown time should be reduced from two minutes to at least a minute. And from my experience, they both can be competitive and kind of even each other out. Extreme damage vs. extreme hp. For instance, I was in a PvP room with 27k, 11k, 14k, and 9k. We had team war and everybody used bo on their team as you said. His hp increased from 27k to 42k. I did not have bo on (I'm a 6k), and was able to kill that 42k by myself using ls, db, ts, and shield with crit hit. He was a tough one, but this showed me that in a way, the two skills balance each other out, even in a 1 vs 1 combat. Player A may have more hp with bo on but player B can deal more damage with db. A more hp player has as much advantage as a player that can deal higher damage.

If the devs reduce bo cooldown time, more players might use it, including me. And yes, maybe 30 sec is too quick of a cooldown time, so 60 sec might be better?
cнocoнolιc, ѕĸaтιng enтнυѕιaѕт, and ѕervanт тo мυlтιple caтѕ.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ