Voice to chat, longer messages allowed

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
Fleta

Voice to chat, longer messages allowed

Post by Fleta » Mon May 13, 2019 7:40 am

It would be awesome if we could use voice to enter chat so that we don't have to interrupt game play and if we could enter slightly more text than is currently allowed. Also if the censoring wasn't so broad. It censors words that aren't offensive at all. It even censored the name of an animal that's in the game once, I can't remember which...but it was something totally innocuous like tortoise or skunk or something.

Castiel

Re: Voice to chat, longer messages allowed

Post by Castiel » Fri May 17, 2019 10:40 am

The censored words definitely needs looking into. I know for sure that 'raven' is censored, and some other harmless words such as 'users' and 'king' which bothers me.

I too want longer messages. Maybe place the player chat at the top of the screen or something, so we can write longer messages horizontally like in PM, and just keep the side chat for announcements (who has joined, been killed etc)
π’ž 𝒢 π“ˆ 𝓉 𝒾 𝑒 𝓁 | π’œπ‘”π‘’ 𝟀𝟒 | πΉπ“‡π‘œπ“ˆπ“‰ π’²π‘œπ“π’» | π’œπ“‡π“‰π’Ύπ“ˆπ“‰ | 𝐿𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓁 𝟧𝟒 | 𝟣4𝓀 | 𝟀50 𝒢𝓉𝓉𝓀 | πΌπ’Ÿ: 𝟣𝟩𝟣πŸ₯𝟫πŸͺ𝟨𝟀 |

........Ιͺ'ᴍ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴏɴᴇ ᴑʜᴏ Ι’Κ€Ιͺα΄˜α΄˜α΄‡α΄… ʏᴏᴜ α΄›ΙͺΙ’Κœα΄› α΄€Ι΄α΄… Κ€α΄€Ιͺκœ±α΄‡α΄… ʏᴏᴜ κœ°Κ€α΄α΄ α΄˜α΄‡Κ€α΄…Ιͺα΄›Ιͺᴏɴ

............................ Image

BoogerWolf

Post by BoogerWolf » Fri May 17, 2019 2:33 pm

I think I have seen some advertising kik groups for this purpose. When I game with a clan/group I prefer discord for vc but I haven't gotten into that with this game yet. VC definitely frees your hands up during gameplay so I understand the request. Personally from what I have seen the number of players that aren't using chat far outweighs those that are so I can understand if chat isn't a priority for devs. In most games chat is more or less a formality as it requires a certain amount of screen area dedicated to it, then you have the censor filters to play with and a lot of other stuff to optimize. The in-game pm/dm alternative is great but again, as is the case with a 3rd party vc, you have to friend everyone you want to message and there's no solution provided for messaging the entire room, friends and strangers alike. I am all for any and all improvements in game but it seems the developers may have their own laundry list of issues and bugs to address before chat functions get the focus.
Why is this game so fricken addictive?!

White Fang 1
Location: California, United States. Firefighter, USMC Mos 2651

Post by White Fang 1 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:25 pm

Castiel wrote: ↑
Fri May 17, 2019 10:40 am
The censored words definitely needs looking into. I know for sure that 'raven' is censored, and some other harmless words such as 'users' and 'king' which bothers me.

I too want longer messages. Maybe place the player chat at the top of the screen or something, so we can write longer messages horizontally like in PM, and just keep the side chat for announcements (who has joined, been killed etc)
Im also sure websites, email adresses and anything you have after the @ symbol. For example @gmail.com will show only asterisks.
Started playing in Mar 25, 2017 IGN: White Fang
KIK: White_Fang_1 Insta: @EricBarona33
Packs: USMC (Lt.COl. [Alpha])
Ill Answer Most questions.
US Marine-Mos 2651

PharaohSabre

Post by PharaohSabre » Wed May 22, 2019 8:06 pm

As long as it comes with a mute option.
The Champion Thief

Pay-to-win =/= Strong

Siberian Wolf

Post by Siberian Wolf » Fri May 24, 2019 2:28 am

BoogerWolf wrote: ↑
Fri May 17, 2019 2:33 pm
Personally from what I have seen the number of players that aren't using chat far outweighs those that are so I can understand if chat isn't a priority for devs.
I believe a lot more people would frequently use the chat if they could type more then 3-4 words at a timeβ€”I know I would.

Siberian Wolf

Post by Siberian Wolf » Fri May 24, 2019 2:35 am

Adding a chat bar that you can open and close (pull up to open, pull down to close) would be helpful. That chat bar should give people the ability to type more while not be visible throughout their gameplay, unless they opened it.