New Maps

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
BOREALIS

New Maps

Post by BOREALIS » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:18 am

Yes, I initially posted this in the wrong forum. Oops! :lol:

Last year, when the Dark Forest, Wild Tundra, and Legend Mountains came out, everyone got super excited. However, these have been out for a while, and I'm sure I'm not the only one getting a little bored. I am aware that this suggestion gets posted quite often, but I would really love to see maps that are a bit different from the ones we have now so that they are unique. Don't get me wrong, nature is great, but it would be really nice and more engaging to play in a map with a different theme.

Yes, I do realize that this isn't exactly a roleplaying game, but it is more like a "combat" game in which you fight, earn points, and get stronger. However, that doesn't mean new themes can't be added for more variety. Personally, I can't stick with the same old things for very long; I need new stuff so that I get more excited. If you played the game when Green Hills was the only map, I'm sure you remember the excitement among everyone when the Devs released the "new" maps. I know I was very eager and couldn't wait to try them out. If you started after the "new" maps came out, I just want to say that it is a very exciting experience.

Here are some ideas for new maps.
  • Fantasy Kingdom
    This one would be a nice map for fantasy lovers. Animals may include fantasy-like creatures, such as dragons (reasonable size, maybe as large as an Asian Elephant or White Rhino), phoenixes, pegasi, and griffins. If the developers don't want to add unrealistic animals, they can add some of the animals found in Legend Mountains. I don't really see a problem with adding unrealistic animals though, as this game isn't very realistic to begin with. There are no such things as wolves with fire and ice scars, and wolves cannot burn, freeze, inject venom, summon thunderstorms, or dig up explosives in real life (the only two realistic skills are Double Claw and Overhead Triple Claw).

Example image:

• Post-Apocalyptic
    This one was suggested by someone else before in another forum post, so I'm not going to claim ownership on this idea. Being the person I am, this is something that I would be really excited about. Animals may include rats, raccoons, or just about any animal you may find in city life or near dumpsters.

Example image:

• Enchanted Forest
    The name may be similar to the Dark Forest. However, if you think about it, the Dark Forest isn't really a forest. A forest is basically a huge cluster of trees, which the Dark Forest is not. Plus, actually being able to run around trees would make the game seem more realistic. After all, a forest is a wolf's natural habitat. Obviously, there will be clearings in the forest so that larger animals can fit. An enchanted forest would also be nice because it adds more variety to the game (which I have already mentioned before), and it allows for a wider variety of animals to be in the map. Maybe a temple or something would look nice in this map. Animals may include any forest animals and possibly some fantasy animals.

Example image:

• Farm
    Although this may not be as exciting as the previous three, it is more realistic. Animals would obviously include farm animals, such as pigs, geese, cows, and sheep.

Example image:

Please note that none of these pictures belong to me.

Those are all the ideas I have for now. If I think of anything else, I'll add them.
If you have any ideas for new maps, please share them below! If possible, please add an example picture!

Thank you for reading this!
𝓑𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓼
Lᴇᴠᴇʟ 50 Wʜɪᴛᴇ Wᴏʟғ

Castiel

Re: New Maps

Post by Castiel » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:01 am

Would definitely love to see a post-apocalyptic city based map, similar to the game 'Tokyo Jungle' (look up the trailer/pictures) where the humans left and the wild animals escaped from the zoos, Horses escaped from race courses and domestic pets left their homes in order to survive. If they don't want to add the horses and domestic pets, they could still add new zoo animals like lions, hippos, giraffe, cheetah, zebra, buffalo, ostrich, panda, gorilla, lycaon, blackbuck, chimpanzee etc

After noticing the game has extinct animals like the aurochs and giant crocodile, I'd also really love to see an Ice Age based map with animals such as mammoths, saber-toothed tiger, cave lion, woolly rhinoceros, stag-moose etc. Maybe even the direwolf. Since most of these are pretty large animals, I believe this map would have to be for high-level players only.

𝒞 𝒶 𝓈 𝓉 𝒾 𝑒 𝓁 | 𝒜𝑔𝑒 𝟤𝟢 | 𝐹𝓇𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝒲𝑜𝓁𝒻 | 𝒜𝓇𝓉𝒾𝓈𝓉 | 𝐿𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓁 𝟧𝟢 | 𝟣4𝓀 | 𝟤50 𝒶𝓉𝓉𝓀 | 𝐼𝒟: 𝟣𝟩𝟣𝟥𝟫𝟪𝟨𝟤 |

........ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ɢʀɪᴘᴘᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɪꜱᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴘᴇʀᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴ

............................ Image

BOREALIS

Post by BOREALIS » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:43 am

I like the idea of the post-apocalyptic map being similar to Tokyo Jungle. I also think your example photos depict the idea of a post-apocalyptic map better than mine did. :lol: If the Devs were to add this kind of map to the game, I'd like the place to have an abandoned look, and it would be really nice if the buildings looked worn down. I also like the idea of an Ice Age map. It would be fun to hunt a wider variety of large and extinct animals.
𝓑𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓼
Lᴇᴠᴇʟ 50 Wʜɪᴛᴇ Wᴏʟғ

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:34 pm

All of these new map ideas sound amazing!

Did you guys know that the devs are working on a new update? They plan to:
  • Add a new map (I wonder if the devs have an idea in mind already :?: )
  • Improve security (perhaps a massive ban for hackers?)
  • Improve performance
You can find this information on the Wolf Facebook and/or Instagram.

Cheers,
Unrealisation (:
cнocoнolιc, ѕĸaтιng enтнυѕιaѕт, and ѕervanт тo мυlтιple caтѕ.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ

BOREALIS

Post by BOREALIS » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:37 am

Yeah, I've read about the in the Announcements forum. I'm super excited for the new map. Hopefully there will be new animals as well! Do you know when it's coming out?
𝓑𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓼
Lᴇᴠᴇʟ 50 Wʜɪᴛᴇ Wᴏʟғ

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:27 am

BOREALIS wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:37 am
Yeah, I've read about the in the Announcements forum. I'm super excited for the new map. Hopefully there will be new animals as well! Do you know when it's coming out?
I'm actually not sure, but since they've just announced yesterday or the day before, I'd assume they've been working on it for a few weeks now. My guess is, it will come out later this month or next month, or in a couple of months :o
cнocoнolιc, ѕĸaтιng enтнυѕιaѕт, and ѕervanт тo мυlтιple caтѕ.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ

Maple

Post by Maple » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:38 am

Erm, how about the good old Prairies where you can run freely without numerous obstacles and chase herds of various quadrupeds?
prairies-image.jpg
prairies-image.jpg (198.83 KiB) Viewed 799 times
I can't say I am terrifically fond of the ideas of the fantasy-based maps for this particular game. The developers are already pursuing the post-apocalyptic setting with Tomorrow, and the fantasy realm with Evil Lands, but The Wolf sticks with the regular habitat. Just because there are skill trees and wolf breeds based on those doesn't mean that the game is already a fantasy simulator. They'd overshadow the regular maps, all of which one way or the other connect to the original facts and habitats of wolves in general. I do like the prehistoric theme though, it isn't so far-fetched with the current cast of prey animals, as pointed out.
Maple | Shard | Nocturnal

I write foolishly long posts.

Mouselline

Post by Mouselline » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:53 pm

I would really like a forest map. A couple days ago I was playing Dark Forest and realized how much it isn’t a forest. I’ve been kind of wanting something to run through the trees. It would give a challenge to dodge stuff unlike al the other maps do

rain

Post by rain » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:05 am

BOREALIS wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:37 am
I feel like it may be a night map due to the amount of requests for one, but who knows? :v
I do not believe they've given a release date yet
cyne; rain; cyii
Art insta: @cyne__
Wolf insta: @cynelime

BoogerWolf

Post by BoogerWolf » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:10 am

Ooo! A night map? I would love to see a night map with that green glow night-vision where all the animals eyes shine bright when they look directly at you. I doubt they would do anything as cool as that but maybe.
Why is this game so fricken addictive?!