How the score (coins) is counted in "multi-user-killing" mode?

Here's the place where you can ask for help and post your questions!
HelloWolf

How the score (coins) is counted in "multi-user-killing" mode?

Post by HelloWolf » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:29 am

Dear Admin,
I searched the forum but didn't find a post (maybe somewhere but I didn't find it out).
Question:
If multi-players kill a pray, how the score is counted?
1. is it purely calculated by the "damage" from each player?
2. who strikes the "last killing attack" will get extra score?
3. if a player leaves the battle field, like launch thunder storm and run away, will the score still count? Is there a distance limit to the prey?
4. If a player dies during the battle, when the play comes back, will the damage before the player dies still count?
5. If a player dies during battle and doesn't come back to battle or on the way to the prey and the prey is killed, does the damage before the play dies still count?
6. If a single player kills a prey get 2000 (for example), multi-player will get 2000 each or 2000/n (n=how many player)?

Also how about the gems? Follow the same rule?

Anyway, personally I reckon if the "score(coins)" are purely calculated by the "real damage" without count the “last kill attack", it will be the "most fair" way from my understanding and eliminate all the argument about "stealing a kill" - the player is rewarded based on the efforts.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks!

Regards,

Edith

Re: How the score (coins) is counted in "multi-user-killing" mode?

Post by Edith » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:07 am

Also is there a list of how many coins you get per animal. Like which ones gives the most coins, how to level up faster.
Wolf name: Edith
Wolf type: Gray Wolf
Pack: Looking
Kik : KiwiTea
Mate:

Redfang

Post by Redfang » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:41 am

I'm sorry to disagree, but I don't think that the most damage would be the fairest way to give out coins/gems. What if, say, a lvl 5 helped kill a champ, but died almost immediately, so they only got, like, 100 damage to it, but was the first one attacked so they were very brave and helped the others along, and are on there way back to the battle and the champ gets killed before they get there.
Would it be fair, I ask you, if they only get one-or no-gems for the champ? Or just, say, 50xp while the others get, say, 150/200xp? :o
:?:
:evil:
Is it?
Redfang
*steps out of bushes and growls happy greeting*
Hello, I am Redfang.
I follow my heart, and I feel I should let you know.
I hope you have merry hunting.
*Stalks into bright, Christmassy bushes, watching, waiting*
Lol, Christmassy enough?

yakuza

Post by yakuza » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:08 pm

Edith wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:07 am
Also is there a list of how many coins you get per animal. Like which ones gives the most coins, how to level up faster.
Nope, there is no such list I'm aware of - maybe you could ask around "Wolf Talk" forum if someone took time to create empirical data.
Redfang wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:41 am
I'm sorry to disagree, but I don't think that the most damage would be the fairest way to give out coins/gems.
Why not? If you're an employee and you're getting paid, would you like to be paid the same amount for doing 90% of job as someone who did 10%? There are two things that matter: damage and/or strategy. It would be impossible to tell how many points some should receive based on how he played against some animal, but actually it's easy (and in most cases fair) to share reward amongst all players that participated in killing.
HelloWolf wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:29 am
If multi-players kill a pray, how the score is counted?
Did you try to make some research yourself?
/Y

Redfang

Post by Redfang » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:21 am

Because if the person who's doing 10% of the job is doing a real important part, than shouldn't they get paid more than somebody who does, maybe, 20% of the job but's not that important?
Or maybe the same? :shock:
You could have it so that in CO-OP the person who takes the first hit (from the animal)-or anybody who gets killed-gets, maybe, twice as much as somebody who does the same amount of work but doesn't have the risk of being killed (or has been killed) by the animal?
Or 1 1/2 as much? :?:
I'm sorry, I can be stubborn sometimes, you do have a point, Yakuza.
Actually, I am being stubborn. :lol:
It would be fair for everyone to get gems/coins who participated in the kill, but doing it according to damage might no be fairest.
If someone 5 lvls older comes and helps you kill a champ when you were doing fine, but does the most damage and gets the most gems, would it be fair? If you could've done it by yourself?
My point being that anyone who gets killed (or close to) should have a higher pay rate than anyone else who did the same amount of damage, but have it so slight so that no one notices.
Is that possible?
-Redfang
*steps out of bushes and growls happy greeting*
Hello, I am Redfang.
I follow my heart, and I feel I should let you know.
I hope you have merry hunting.
*Stalks into bright, Christmassy bushes, watching, waiting*
Lol, Christmassy enough?

yakuza

Post by yakuza » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Oh I certainly get it, but it is easy to perceive by human, but algorithm would be unnecessarily complicated if such things were to be taken into account when computing reward, and even then some people would qualify given reward as not fair. Sticking simply to damage dealt is most objective as far as now. If you have some other suggestions that do not involve "personal judgement" then we may discuss them further :)
/Y

yakuza

Post by yakuza » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:28 pm

Also you may take a lot of damage or die by being silly instead of being brave - how would you differentiate these? ;)
/Y