Cannot change name

Here's the place where you can ask for help and post your questions!
root

Cannot change name

Post by root » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:50 am

hello, i can’t seem to change my wolve’s name, but only if i try to change it to “root”. it works for any other name, but if i type in root, it automatically changes it to a default Player name with numbers. is there anything wrong with the name or is it a glitch?

Unrealisation

Re: Cannot change name

Post by Unrealisation » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:26 pm

"Root" seems to be detected as a bad word, just like 'cookie', 'king', 'dizzy' and many other words that are actually not inappropriate. If you use them in the chat, they will come out as filtered. If I say 'root prison' in the chat, it will come out as '**** prison'. The same thing applies when you're entering your name. Perhaps you can use extra spacing or substitute a zero (0) in for one of the 'o's or something if you really want that name.
cнocoнolιc, ѕĸaтιng enтнυѕιaѕт, and ѕervanт тo мυlтιple caтѕ.

root

Re: Cannot change name

Post by root » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:35 pm

Unrealisation wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:26 pm
"Root" seems to be detected as a bad word, just like 'cookie', 'king', 'dizzy' and many other words that are actually not inappropriate. If you use them in the chat, they will come out as filtered. If I say 'root prison' in the chat, it will come out as '**** prison'. The same thing applies when you're entering your name. Perhaps you can use extra spacing or substitute a zero (0) in for one of the 'o's or something if you really want that name.
hmm, interesting. i wonder why? thanks for the help though! i thought it might be something like that