handicap. what is this?

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
heheshka

handicap. what is this?

Post by heheshka » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:48 am

some skills have this parameter, it is in percent (hurricane for example).
handicap 35% - what is this?

Shadowstrike

Re: handicap. what is this?

Post by Shadowstrike » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:18 am

Hadycap means that this skill will slow down enemies.

PharaohSabre

Post by PharaohSabre » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:53 pm

There are some skills that, in addition to causing damage, also make it difficult for affected enemies to do things to you. I believe this is what handicap is. For example you might notice that you move a little slower/clumsier when attacking a player that's using hurricane or a freezing attack. I think handicap percentage is just a figure of how much slower an attack would make an enemy move.

Then again there are some attacks that don't let you do anything if you've tapped it before anything else. (Not being able to bite during Freezing breath, or Flame spin) Or while setting a trap. It could also be this, but given that you can bite through hurricane and I've used both hurricane and flame spin at the same time, this theory could be wrong. So stick with the top one.
The fabled Champion Thief

"Ur so weak lol"
- A kid that paid hella money to avoid being weak

Maple

Post by Maple » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:50 am

PharaohSabre wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:53 pm
There are some skills that, in addition to causing damage, also make it difficult for affected enemies to do things to you. I believe this is what handicap is. For example you might notice that you move a little slower/clumsier when attacking a player that's using hurricane or a freezing attack. I think handicap percentage is just a figure of how much slower an attack would make an enemy move.

Then again there are some attacks that don't let you do anything if you've tapped it before anything else. (Not being able to bite during Freezing breath, or Flame spin) Or while setting a trap. It could also be this, but given that you can bite through hurricane and I've used both hurricane and flame spin at the same time, this theory could be wrong. So stick with the top one.
Handicap is what you said initially. It is the percent by which the enemies' movement is limited. The skill duration for skills that require action by the character itself (such as flame spin, yes) would determine the time in which you cannot additionally attack. Also, freezing breath does have its own handicap percentage, unlike flame spin, that applies to targeted enemies and not the skill user. I don't think the handicap of a skill affects the bite damage though, only the speed. I haven't seen frozen enemies' attack getting affected, only their attack speed.

Also, I wrote this only to clarify the answer. I am by no means "correcting" what you said, nor trying to disprove it. Just to put it out there.
Maple | Shard | Nocturnal

PharaohSabre

Post by PharaohSabre » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:58 pm

Maple wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:50 am
PharaohSabre wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:53 pm

Also, I wrote this only to clarify the answer. I am by no means "correcting" what you said, nor trying to disprove it. Just to put it out there.
Ah, Thank you!
The fabled Champion Thief

"Ur so weak lol"
- A kid that paid hella money to avoid being weak