Inappropriate Nicknames

Here's the place where you can ask for help and post your questions!
Maple

Inappropriate Nicknames

Post by Maple » Sun May 05, 2019 4:42 am

One day, I decide to hunt in Co-op for a while. I pop into a server, and just look at what I see;
imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-Ha20ipKEa8d0kDH.jpg
imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-Ha20ipKEa8d0kDH.jpg (193.34 KiB) Viewed 848 times
Everyone in the server bears names containing, mostly exclusively, swear words except for three people. This isn't the first time, and will not be the last but I am fed up. This is why I am writing a post concerning it now.

It could have been anyone in my place; a child, an intrigued parent, or a regular player. I've already started seeing reviews of the game down-voting it, stating that their child have been asked their private information by strangers during their game. Seeing a game as beautiful and enjoyable as The Wolf get ruined and deemed unsafe because of such people in its community is just saddening.

The censor system in nicknames is very easily avoidable, but I'm not confident that further removing more words will be the effective. Even though it cannot block everything that may refer to or sound like an offensive name, surely one can't let this lie? This is outrageous.

A solution? Maybe a few active moderators who can ban/warn such toxic people roaming in-game. But again, that would take up time and resources, and possibly divert the team from actively working on improvements and other projects. Any other thoughts?
Maple | Shard | Nocturnal

Unrealisation

Re: Inappropriate Nicknames

Post by Unrealisation » Sun May 05, 2019 5:07 am

Hey, today I heard from a player who played the beta version of the next update that the game will have an option to report hackers, people with inappropriate names, strong uses of profanities, bullies, harassment, etc. I'm not 100% sure if this is true, but there hasn't been an update within the last 3 months, so this might be one to look forward to.
cнocoнolιc, ѕĸaтιng enтнυѕιaѕт, and ѕervanт тo мυlтιple caтѕ.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ

Maple

Post by Maple » Tue May 07, 2019 4:04 pm

Unrealisation wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:07 am
Hey, today I heard from a player who played the beta version of the next update that the game will have an option to report hackers, people with inappropriate names, strong uses of profanities, bullies, harassment, etc. I'm not 100% sure if this is true, but there hasn't been an update within the last 3 months, so this might be one to look forward to.
An update this soon? I have never heard that there was an open beta for updates, but even the possibility of this problem being taken under control is music to my ears. Thanks for the response.

White Fang 1
Location: California, United States. Firefighter, USMC Mos 2651

Post by White Fang 1 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:05 am

Unrealisation wrote:
I have not heard of a beta for The Wolf.
Started playing in Mar 25, 2017 IGN: White Fang
KIK: White_Fang_1 Insta: @EricBarona33
Packs: USMC (Lt.COl. [Alpha])
Ill Answer Most questions.
US Marine-Mos 2651

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation » Fri May 10, 2019 12:07 am

White Fang 1 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:05 am
Unrealisation wrote:
I also have not heard of a beta, but this is what another player told me. He said it's something you would have to sign up :?: Of course, I'm not so sure myself. Despite the doubt of a "Beta," I do think having this report option would positively impact how one player speaks and acts towards another.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ

Maple

Post by Maple » Fri May 10, 2019 4:56 am

Unrealisation wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:07 am
White Fang 1 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:05 am
Unrealisation wrote:
I also have not heard of a beta, but this is what another player told me. He said it's something you would have to sign up :?: Of course, I'm not so sure myself. Despite the doubt of a "Beta," I do think having this report option would positively impact how one player speaks and acts towards another.
There are certain apps in the Play Store that allow users to test beta versions of updates without any requirements, just the click of a button. I also have never seen this available for The Wolf, at least on Google Play. It looks like this;
20190510_004106.jpg
20190510_004106.jpg (48.87 KiB) Viewed 767 times
P.S.: The forum booted me out of my account two times in a row when I tried to attach one more picture without success. I had to write this post thrice :roll:

NoLifeHere98

Post by NoLifeHere98 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:32 am

I looked and didn't see one for the wolf. I'm wasn't surprise tho, they working on New Game anyway A VR Title called Scream. Horror I'm guessing http://swiftapps.pl/our-games/

Maple

Post by Maple » Fri May 10, 2019 7:37 pm

NoLifeHere98 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:32 am
I looked and didn't see one for the wolf. I'm wasn't surprise tho, they working on New Game anyway A VR Title called Scream. Horror I'm guessing http://swiftapps.pl/our-games/
Rogue once wrote;
Rogue wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:21 pm
Actually the information about the upcoming update to "The Wolf" will be released very soon, so please restrain from spreading unfounded rumors :D
(also "Scream" is a side project that is not pursued at the moment)

Cheers!
That WAS on 2017 though, but what he said about Scream may still apply as there are still only two images regarding the game on the website. The Wolf is probably their best game out there. I'd hate to see them abandon it.

White Fang 1
Location: California, United States. Firefighter, USMC Mos 2651

Post by White Fang 1 » Sat May 11, 2019 2:54 am

Maple wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:37 pm
NoLifeHere98 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:32 am
Rogue once wrote;
Rogue wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:21 pm
Actually the information about the upcoming update to "The Wolf" will be released very soon, so please restrain from spreading unfounded rumors :D
(also "Scream" is a side project that is not pursued at the moment)

Cheers!
That WAS on 2017 though, but what he said about Scream may still apply as there are still only two images regarding the game on the website. The Wolf is probably their best game out there. I'd hate to see them abandon it.
Yeah I have seen this too. I saw it when I was emailing swift apps last year. (Still no reply) According to the website, google play and the Moderators: there is no beta (yet), the wolf is only available for ios and Android (any other platform is not supported) and the scream project has been sidelined for now.
Started playing in Mar 25, 2017 IGN: White Fang
KIK: White_Fang_1 Insta: @EricBarona33
Packs: USMC (Lt.COl. [Alpha])
Ill Answer Most questions.
US Marine-Mos 2651

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation » Fri May 17, 2019 4:28 am

Hm, regardless of whether there is a beta or not, I hope the devs are still working on updates for The Wolf :?
This game has bonded me with players from all around the world, and I genuinely want the best for it (:
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ