Be Quiet About the Role Players

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
Mouselline

Be Quiet About the Role Players

Post by Mouselline » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:03 am

I love to RP in this game, but every single time I do RP, there are people constantly telling us to Shut Up. Most Role Players I know typically ignore them but do they not realize we aren’t gonna stop the thing we have fun doing? I understand you getting annoyed but there are multiple things you can do:

1. Just get on a different server!
2. Turn off the chat. You won’t know when new people join but I rarely pay attention to that anyways
3. Ignore us. There’s no point in yelling at us just ignore the chat. It’s not a huge distraction.
4. Do PvP instead.
5. If u refuse to do any of these things just get off the game if it bothers u that much, just don’t ruin other people’s fun when there’s so much stuff u could do so it doesn’t bother you.

I ignore these people but it is reaaalllly annoyiny. Especially when they are constantly doing it. If they say it a couple times and we don’t stop, realize that we aren’t going to stop and just do one of the above things.

Maple

Re: Be Quiet About the Role Players

Post by Maple » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:47 pm

You do realize that The Wolf has little to do with roleplaying though, right? I personally never complained in-game about roleplayers spamming the chat, but I've got to say that if they are unwanted in a server, they should be the ones to leave, because they are the ones playing the wrong way, and taking up space. Oftentimes I find that more than half the players in a Co-op server are all in the den, with 0 points exactly. I am unable to invite anyone to hunt together. It is fun? Good for you, but do it somewhere where you are not blocking anything. Otherwise people are right to yell at you.

It is often quite a feat to find a room with animals around your strength, and there basically is no reason to leave and get killed by overpowered animals in other rooms. The same goes for joining PvP. It is all full of OP players as of recent. Most people grind in Co-op to get stronger and stay alive longer, and to send them off to PvP would be like a death sentence. Especially doing so because they are playing the game as it is, and are annoyed that you are not.

If you play with the sounds on, yes, the chat can be a distraction. Click. Click, click, click click. Every time a user sends a message, there is a sound effect and RPing basically overloads it. At least, it turns out to be quite the nuisance occasionally for me and my packmates.

Get off the game? Because someone is misusing the features? No thank you. :roll: Some of us actually have schedules and coin goals to meet.
Maple | Shard | Nocturnal

BoogerWolf

Post by BoogerWolf » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:01 am

Mouselline wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:03 am
there are people constantly telling us to Shut Up... I understand you getting annoyed but there are multiple things you can do:

If they say it a couple times and we don’t stop, realize that we aren’t going to stop and just do one of the above things.
If you turn the scenario around and look at everything quoted above as comments coming from those that find your RP'ing annoying you could also apply the same suggestions to yourself:

1. Just get on a different server
2. Turn off the chat
3. Ignore us. There’s no point in yelling at us just ignore the chat. It’s not a huge distraction
4. If u refuse to do any of these things just get off the game if it bothers u that much

If you don't like your same suggestions being applied to you and your group then maybe you could reconsider your suggestions.
Maple wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:47 pm
You do realize that The Wolf has little to do with roleplaying though, right?
As described in the Google Play store, The Wolf is an RPG (role-playing game). You are role-playing as well, just in a different way.

To be clear, I don't role-play in the sense that is being discussed, that being as a family or pack of wolves with family relationships like momma wolf, daddy wolf, and baby wolf or where one wolf gets "hurt" and the others do magic or run off to collect herbs or a bandaid to help while others attempt to console the injured wolf until help arrives. I enjoy hunting animals in co-op, grinding to improve my stats, occasionally interact with other players in chat usually just to coordinate attacks or to call one another to champions or whatever. I also enjoy PVP when things are relatively balanced between teams and my k/d ratio is acceptable to me.

Having said all of that, this response is about perspective. Both types of gameplay are acceptable because neither violate the design of the game. If the devs see either fashion of play become a significant issue they will address it in their own way.

I will also say that I have spoken up against family roleplay once in a PVP server. Co-op is the place for family role-playing as PVP (player-vs-player) is clearly intended for those that intend to attack one another. I do believe it is inappropriate for family role-play to attempt to highjack a PVP server and impose it's ideals or agendas on others just there to enjoy the specific game mode as is intended. On the other hand, family role-playing is a thing, obviously enough people enjoy it that everyone reading this has or soon will encounter it in game, that's just the way it is, they aren't going anywhere either. Please consider that without role-playing these types of games wouldn't exist.

I think a great alternative to going at each other's throats in game or here in the forums is to collectively pester the developers to introduce private rooms where the only people granted access are those that are invited. That way if you just want to be left alone to hunt you can, or if you want to have a role-playing slumber party, you can privately do that too. I truly believe this solution would promote peace between the factions and hope it becomes a reality.

If you agree and would like to reach out to the developers please send an email to:
support@ragequitgames.com
support@swiftapps.pl

Both emails go to the developers though rumor is that those at ragequitgames are more responsive, idk, it's the parent company of Swift Apps.
Why is this game so fricken addictive?!

Maple

Post by Maple » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:30 am

BoogerWolf wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:01 am
Maple wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:47 pm
You do realize that The Wolf has little to do with roleplaying though, right?
As described in the Google Play store, The Wolf is an RPG (role-playing game). You are role-playing as well, just in a different way.
True. Role-playing is broadly regarded as taking on the role of a character. That's indeed why the game is under the title of RPG. The Wolf currently does not have family or mate features though, and possibly will not in the future. Swift Apps/Rage Quit Games seem to focus on enhancing PvP and PvE tactics, systems, and gameplay with most of their titles, if not all. The Wolf is no exception. There are already plenty of games out there also based on wolves that are designed to support roleplaying as it is done by the RPers of The Wolf. It's just that this game and its servers are not the place for that kind of roleplaying. Not to mention RPs that I have witnessed gone atrociously disgusting. It is a grinding game, a competition for strength. What are you doing there, pretending to foster your "pup"?
Maple | Shard | Nocturnal

Castiel

Post by Castiel » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:42 am

Agreed with the posts above. One of the most irritating things is when a bunch of roleplayers (who arent hunting at all) are stacked in a good room and I am unable to invite my friends, who need coins and gems, to said room because it is full. Rp also clogs up my chat and I tend to miss things that other ppl are saying since its so overloaded. Not to mention that some rps I've seen have gotten pretty disturbing and I don't want to hear it. I won't mute chat as I won't be able to see ppl who need help with champions and such.

The Wolf isn't really a place for mate and family roleplays and should be done elsewhere, unless The Wolf plans on adding these features in the future (which I seriously doubt it would happen anytime soon)

Private rooms would definitely solve the issues between roleplayers and regular players so I hope this will be added in the future.
𝒞 𝒶 𝓈 𝓉 𝒾 𝑒 𝓁 | 𝒜𝑔𝑒 𝟤𝟢 | 𝐹𝓇𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝒲𝑜𝓁𝒻 | 𝒜𝓇𝓉𝒾𝓈𝓉 | 𝐿𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓁 𝟧𝟢 | 𝟣4𝓀 | 𝟤30 𝒶𝓉𝓉𝓀 | 𝐼𝒟: 𝟣𝟩𝟣𝟥𝟫𝟪𝟨𝟤 |

...... '𝐼'𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜 𝑔𝓇𝒾𝓅𝓅𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓇𝒶𝒾𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃' ......

............................ Image

PharaohSabre

Post by PharaohSabre » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:27 pm

Excuse me?

Switching rooms isn't going to affect you and your little buddies standing around and over loading the chat and wasting valuable server space all day long. You can do that in any room. Switching rooms will however affect people's coin/gem counts at the end of a day. Like a post earlier said; follow your own advice. Leave the co-op room. Find a new one. Go to pvp. Because that specific kind of roleplay is not what this game is for and this mindset that everyone else must shut up and accomodate your deliberate misuse of it is a ridiculously bad look.
The fabled Champion Thief

"Ur so weak lol"
- A kid that paid hella money to avoid being weak

Black Dawn

Post by Black Dawn » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:46 am

Mouselline wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:03 am
I love to RP in this game, but every single time I do RP, there are people constantly telling us to Shut Up. Most Role Players I know typically ignore them but do they not realize we aren’t gonna stop the thing we have fun doing? I understand you getting annoyed but there are multiple things you can do:

1. Just get on a different server!
2. Turn off the chat. You won’t know when new people join but I rarely pay attention to that anyways
3. Ignore us. There’s no point in yelling at us just ignore the chat. It’s not a huge distraction.
4. Do PvP instead.
5. If u refuse to do any of these things just get off the game if it bothers u that much, just don’t ruin other people’s fun when there’s so much stuff u could do so it doesn’t bother you.

I ignore these people but it is reaaalllly annoyiny. Especially when they are constantly doing it. If they say it a couple times and we don’t stop, realize that we aren’t going to stop and just do one of the above things.

Don't go Bitchin' just for Roleplaying
Turn off the chat
Tell them to do it in PMs
DON'T ruin their fun

We can't help you. Sorry~

*This should go to suggestion*
~WHEN ALL FAILS, BE A POTATO~