The Wolf 1.7.4 update

All important updates and information about The Wolf.
Swift Apps
Site Admin

The Wolf 1.7.4 update

Post by Swift Apps » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:57 pm

The Wolf update 1.7.4 has arrived! What's new:
  • Brand new map
  • 2 new Wolf skins
  • 20 new animals
  • Max skill level increased to 13, price reduced for level 12
  • Max defence level increased to 65
  • Skill balance changes
  • Quality settings adjustment for some iOS devices (iPhone 6, 6 Plus) to improve stability
Balance changes details:
  • Explosion Trap: damage +10%
  • Freezing Area Trap: damage +27%
  • Shield Totem: cooldown -10s
  • Area Life Regeneration Totem: cooldown -10s
  • Root Prison: cooldown -5s
  • Thunderstorm: cooldown -5s
  • Freezing Breath: cooldown +5s
  • Icy Spikes: cooldown reduced to 22s, damage +3%
  • Poison Nova: damage and DPS +5%
  • Hurricane: cooldown -10s, DPS + 7%
  • Critical Boost: cooldown reduced to 33s
  • Damage Boost: price +25%, effect duration -0.1s per lvl
  • Acursing Bite: price -10%, cooldown -5s, damage +20%
  • Flame Spin: cooldown -3s
  • Firewall: cooldown -10s
  • Vampiric Overhead Claw: cooldown reduced to 35s
  • Freezing Breath: cooldown +5s
  • Battle Orders: cooldown -30s, duration -20%
  • Instant Life Regeneration: cooldown reduced to 35s
  • Swamp: cooldown -5s
Notes:
  • We're constantly trying to even out different skills on every level so there could be as many builds as possible. We're trying to do the changes as small a possible. We're also reducing overall cooldowns so that the combat could be more dynamic.
  • We've added the 13th level of skills to allow some extra firepower against new powerful animals. We've made it slightly cheaper than the existing 12th level, price of which has been reduced by 30%.
  • We've increased the limit for defence to improve players' effective health against tougher enemies. Increasing it will make you receive 15% less damage. We're aware that it caused a slight change in PvP balance as your hits will cause less damage to enemies with 65 defence. But remember that it works both ways, you'll be receiving less damage as well. This change allowed us to slightly reduce cooldowns of multiple skills and it was a necessary step towards making the PvP fight more dynamic as there will be more firepower coming in the future.
  • Thunderstorm - its cooldown has been reduced to make it a better alternative for other skills in Specials.
  • Freezing Breath - its cooldown has been increased to make it closer to Thunderstorm and Poisonous Cloud.
  • Battle Orders - its cooldown and duration has been reduced significantly to make it more competitive to other auras. It's a very powerful skill when used with proper team play, so it still needs a longer cooldown than other auras, but 2 minutes was too long.
  • Damage Boost - its price has been increased because with it being relatively low it became an obvious choice in the auras tree.

michelleding

Re: The Wolf 1.7.4 update

Post by michelleding » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:41 pm

OMG, thank u so much! I've been waiting 4 new material. So glad 4 the new skins and animals. :D :D :D
Friend me online! My name is Willow Black Wolf. I am female and almost level 30 (I might change to Willow GOLD Wolf soon). Hope 2 c u on my friends list! (p.s. I'm single)

Swift Apps
Site Admin

Post by Swift Apps » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:37 am

Updated with a few bits of missing information.

Something Fred

Post by Something Fred » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:19 am

Many people are unhappy with the new update but I can appreciate what you’ve done and think the majority of the skill changes are for the good. There’s a few I’d like to see tinkered with more. Also would like to see Defence opened up from 65, to much higher. I would also ask... why are some animals beautifully made and others useless... the porcupine looks like a concrete shuttlecock! And that new bear texturing is terrible, yet the hippo looks great. One of your artists might need a new job!

I do think that for those of us that paid for L12 skills already, we should be credited the difference to what they are now. It seems unfair.

You have weakened the animals in the legend map too much, for appearance I still prefer this map and missing tigers, ox, wild yak etc really diminishes it. I find the new map a little bland so don’t want to be forced to play on it.

However, forgetting all of that.... why has nothing been done with hackers and modders? I’d swap all your work creating animals, scenery and skins for one proper sweep of the people that blight this game. The problem is huge.
On the first post you created about the new update coming it mentioned security updates. Where are these?
If as developers you cannot win this fight then please be open enough to tell us! And if you are working on it then can you feed this information back to us. Let us know what is happening. People are still using third party programs to increase their abilities, reduce their cool-down times etc.
After the update I spent a lot of money buying gems and now I’m having buyers remorse because I still see the same cheats and groups of cheats in game. I’m sure that most of the users would like information from you, both here and on Instagram where they follow your updates too, on what is being done to solve this. Please do not bury your heads in the sand, you will have a much happier user following if we are updated on your efforts to clean the place up! Plus I’m sure many would invest into buying gems on a larger scale if the cheats were being targeted.

Fred.

Swift Apps
Site Admin

Post by Swift Apps » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:32 pm

Reinforcements and security improvements are our focus for the next update! :)

Cheyennemay

Post by Cheyennemay » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:38 pm

Thats why the developers want do anything about when you lost your account.
The focus isn’t on the costumer.
When there are no players left over there will be no longer the wolf game and no updates .
Because this update I lost my level 50 account within all equipment I payed for with real money.
I used for my videos into my YouTube channel.
But No ONe Cares .
Before I played the Wolf ,I played mitosis the game and my account what’s stolen once ,this developer had bring my account back to me
And that’s the right way ,the only thing you doing is IGNORE .
And I’m not the only player who had lost account.
ɔɦəϔəήήə

Something Fred

Post by Something Fred » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:32 am

Swift Apps wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:32 pm
Reinforcements and security improvements are our focus for the next update! :)
Well that’s great to hear, thank you for the response. It would be nice to get more info as you progress, such as an estimated date for this kind of update. Are we looking at weeks or 6 months again? Communication with us is key and very much appreciated.

Fred

Ico5

Post by Ico5 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi swift apps , I have noticed a few things about the new update , for customers who already have paid for level 12 skills when the game updated they should already be on level 13 , or be refunded the difference of gems of what they had previously payed for in lvl 12 and leading up to level 12. This is because of the difference in gems prices going down for level 12 that people have already paid for. Because essentially every person is paying again only for what they had already paid for , because the update has increased skill damage but has also increased the defence to compensate for the skills going up , so the skills did not get any stronger , the damage is still the same as lvl 12 max skills . Venom still does 9.3k with max attack Frozen breath still does 40k with boost . So can't understand why the update increased the damage % of skills if the defence has also gone up .There are other ways to get people to invest in the game for example New skins like pink colour , new skills maybe a different type of wolf altogether that actually has a different level of defense but not effective to everyone in the game like this update has done , people could choose to purchase a higher defense. Or a different wolf that can crit more with less defence ... Even a monthly subscription to let people play on the old game where hp and attack maxed at 120 . People could pay per month to join this server . This update only rewards those who did not have max skills, because now they get it cheaper. But customers like myself who already paid for max skills will suffer because we have lost by previously paying more and now have to rebuy what I had .

Black20011

Post by Black20011 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:23 am

I want to give you information about hqck now 1 code that uses all skills I know code I want you to turn it off how can I contact you
Last edited by Black20011 on Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.