Upcoming Balance Changes - The Wolf 1.10

All important updates and information about The Wolf.
TheRealCujo

Re: Upcoming Balance Changes - The Wolf 1.10

Post by TheRealCujo »

Swift

I have spent several tens of thousand of dollars on this game for the last three years and disappointed once again on the changes that have been proposed to increase attribute levels, add new skills as well as change the affects of existing skills. You are making these changes without changing the structure of the gem quantity in relation to their price so it’s more equitable. You want me to spend more money yet purchasing gems will be the same. You never provide daily or weekly specials only during Christmas. You don’t even have a new map or two in place. We still have the same boring maps. Where are the simple functionalities like creating wolf packs, gem specials, adding skin, etc. that my money has paid for? You use my money to do these other arbitrary changes just get higher players to pay more. If you put this change out without at least a new map and changes to your pricing policy for gems, I will quit this game and find a different game. And I will bring my other paying friends over to the new game as well. Reference my email associated with my userid in this forum to determine my account and you will see the dollars I have spent with Swift. DO NOT SEND OUT A NEW UPDATE WITHOUT THE CHANGES BEING EQUITABLE. I am very disappointed in your lack of fairness to the gamers of Wolf.
Last edited by TheRealCujo on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

rain wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:14 pm
Removing melee skills from a distance removes any actual skill required in a game that is no skill just money and grinding. Don't remove this. You will make pvp boring and coop frustrating. Strength balancing won't help this. The game becomes too linear, just button spamming, plain and lam. Not some people use this. Pretty much everyone. It's become a part of the game culture so don't ruin this.
Excellent point you brought up, Rain. Airbiting or throwing skills is an actual skill that a player can learn, not just through using money and grinding. It also gives the advantage to those who take time to master and practice the art of throwing skills or airbite. The game will be more competitive and fun if it's more strategy based rather than repetitively pressing a button. Air biting or throwing skill is one of those strategies, even though the developers consider it a "bug."
rain wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:14 pm
Changing skill factors is what brought so much pity and hate last time so why try again? This will only destroy the game. I know so many people who full on quit because of the changes that were decided. Making changes to skills with no compensation. This game is becoming pay to win and even then, people who pay are losing money with these changes. Popular skills will remain popular no matter how much money and time you ask for. You make newer players feel like they can't go anywhere with strength because they have nothing to upgrade worth their time. Making major changes in the past has not changed the community. Why re you trying so hard to destroy everything people have believed im and worked for? It's cruel.

Raising the prices morE when they are already so hard to save and upgrade for is blatantly irritating. A little bumped up price is more torture for the players. Yes, these updates just feel like torture and I'm not the only one who thinks this.
I ask you, developers, to try to grind as we players do. To coop over and over again so that you can upgrade those attributes and skill levels you established, just like what we players have been doing. To experience the wolf community. To play PVP. To make friends. To read the chats in your own game. To be in one or several packs the community has created. To see the hackers for yourself. To experience the 'dramas' in the wolf community. To feel what we players feel. And not just play one or two times, I ask that you play your own game a little bit every day. That is only when you understand the mentality of the wolf community. From there, that's how you make the best decisions to improve the game.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

Barabole

Post by Barabole »

I feel the need to give my thoughts...

I am a 3k with over 200 attack. My critical can one-shot a 12k, but because my health is so low, I imagine I will have a quite small CP (the average level of my attack and health is just over 120).

So... I fear I will be stuck in the pup rooms. I really do enjoy being small, but if everyone in my room is around the same average strength as me... how many of those are actually above 12k? I do not imagine many, so what is the point of a 12k critical? If I want to remain a 3k, I am reading this as me being stuck in the small room, and thus making all the work put into my attack usless.

A 12k critical means nothing if the average health is, for example, 6k.

If the Combat-Power-based matchmaking is implemented, please also include an option for regular PvP. Coming from a 3k: I want to play with everyone, regardless of strength. I may die easily, but that makes it challenging, and also fun.

The way I see it, this removes the challenge and fun. It also removes any motivation to continue working on my wolf. I put so much time into being a strong 3k, and I really do not want to increase that just to get into more challenging rooms.

And while you may be increasing the maximum attack/health levels to 750... this seems like a fix to something that was never a problem. Very few have ever maxed everything, so this just seems unnecessary. Sure, players can be stronger, but it will also be much easier to get stronger. As rain mentioned, those two cancel each other out. The only use I see in this is to make the Combat-Power-based matchmaking more necessary, even though neither of these features are.

-----

In regards to the skills: the first time Damage Boost was increased 25%, that was painful enough. Now another 20%? If new and better auras are being added, and if the existing ones are being buffed, this also seems unnecessary.

And while Venomous Sking may have been an overpowered skill, I know many who spent actual money on this. This is currently a really good skill, the players recognized that, and they bought it for that reason. Regardless, I can see why this is being nerffed.

Which is why I think it would be necessary to be able to refund gems on previous skills.

An old player may have been focusing all their gems (earned and bought) on Venomous Skin, but between the skill being nerffed and additional, possibly better skills being added, they may want to change that. Of course, if they spent so much money and time on Venomous Skin already, they would not want to switch it now. I imagine they would either suck it up or quit. But if the players can get those gems back so they can choose a different skill to focus on, it may make them less angry and less likely to quit. They can experiment with other skills and find something better, if this is the case.

-----

I generally look forward to new updates by this game, but I am definitely not looking forward to this one. While I can see how some pups may benifit... that is really it. Seems like it will only hurt the older players.

I can only view this as an 'enjoy the last few weeks of this game' unless some of these aspects are seriously re-considered...

rain

Post by rain »

Unrealisation wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:34 am

I ask you, developers, to try to grind as we players do. To coop over and over again so that you can upgrade those attributes and skill levels you established, just like what we players have been doing. To experience the wolf community. To play PVP. To make friends. To read the chats in your own game. To be in one or several packs the community has created. To see the hackers for yourself. To experience the 'dramas' in the wolf community. To feel what we players feel. And not just play one or two times, I ask that you play your own game a little bit every day. That is only when you understand the mentality of the wolf community. From there, that's how you make the best decisions to improve the game.
I thought a little about what Unrealisation said and this is what came to mind. As loyal players, we love seeing this game progress but what we don't want, is that progress that pushes us back and makes us redo what we worked so hard for before. We want to see the community grow together through things that bring us together. For example, Christmas and NYE sparked joy within the community. Players were taking screenshots together, hanging out, sharing positive emotions. And to add on, majority were excited about the day and night cycle you guys were pushed for it, because it was something many of us wanted. It received a lot of good responses as it had been asked many many times. New maps made us explore with each other, seeing new animals and working as groups to discover new things.

And now many of us go against this update because we cherish this game and we don't want to see it fall. We indeed share emotions with this update news. We are angry, upset, frustrated and uncertain because this game is what we spends hours on, some even money. People commit to this game and whether they take the news of this update personally or in relation to the community, no one wants something treasured to be ruined. We are aggressive because we are fighting for what we want and - although that may not be the best approach - that's how we truly feel.

Not everything in this game is about hierarchy of player levels, attributes and skills. There is a community behind all the chaos that you may see.
@prettymuchtemporary

rain/cyne

nightmare3

Post by nightmare3 »

rain wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:43 am
Unrealisation wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:34 am

I thought a little about what Unrealisation said and this is what came to mind. As loyal players, we love seeing this game progress but what we don't want, is that progress that pushes us back and makes us redo what we worked so hard for before. We want to see the community grow together through things that bring us together. For example, Christmas and NYE sparked joy within the community. Players were taking screenshots together, hanging out, sharing positive emotions. And to add on, majority were excited about the day and night cycle you guys were pushed for it, because it was something many of us wanted. It received a lot of good responses as it had been asked many many times. New maps made us explore with each other, seeing new animals and working as groups to discover new things.

And now many of us go against this update because we cherish this game and we don't want to see it fall. We indeed share emotions with this update news. We are angry, upset, frustrated and uncertain because this game is what we spends hours on, some even money. People commit to this game and whether they take the news of this update personally or in relation to the community, no one wants something treasured to be ruined. We are aggressive because we are fighting for what we want and - although that may not be the best approach - that's how we truly feel.

Not everything in this game is about hierarchy of player levels, attributes and skills. There is a community behind all the chaos that you may see.
👍 Could not agree with these two even more. Luckily I don't spend any money on the game, but I can only imagine how hard this is going to affect those who have. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. But if I had ever spent actual money on this game, I would have been devastated.

Personally, I use the skills lower down in the skill trees (because of the reason that the developers never really bother with changing them :roll: )

manofknowledge

Post by manofknowledge »

Hello, creators of The Wolf and everyone who plays this game. I have been playing this game since February of 2017. I have experienced unforgettable memories playing 'The Wolf'. I've supported you guys since day one, but now I am putting my foot down. I kept my mouth shut when you guys entended the skill max level to 13. But I WILL NOT BE SILENT ANY LONGER! LISTEN TO US! Read your Instagram comments! Read this forum's COMMENTS! NO ONE, literally NO ONE is excited or happy about this! We are FUMING with anger!

How DARE you take away all of our hard work and MONEY spent on powerful skills?! How DARE you decrease damage again?! How DARE you increase prices that we already paid?! You get us to invest in a skill that we chose to buy because of its power and then take its power away! WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE! Give me a good reason why you think increasing damage boost price is necessary?! How money hungry can you folks get!?

You're Liars! You don't listen to feedback! IF you did, you would fix the hackers. WE DONT NEED NEW SKILLS!!! WE DONT NEED A NEW MAX OF ATTRIBUTES! STOP RUINING THE GAME I POURED MY HEART AND SOUL INTO FOR THREE YEARS! All this update will do is make people lose the motivation to play! I miss the old days where 'The Wolf' wasn't garbage. This game is going downhill, fast. If you were smart, you'd listen to all these comments and CANCEL this update before you lose over 40% of your PLAYERS!

-Anonymous

Skyres

Post by Skyres »

Well...What I think here...
There are goods and bads of this update you are going to make.

Firstly, I am glad that jumping skills are going to be fixed and new skills are being added...

Attribute upper limit change, THIS ONLY BENEFIT PEOPLE WITH ALREADY MAXED ATTRIBUTES. I don't even know how I am going to catch up now.

Skill change, well, VS is an op skill...but I think that's a bit too much handicap you are giving it. 75% price increase for a weakened skill...I don't know how vs users are going to think.

Airbites... yes and no here, it is annoying when someone one shot you with skill throw, but now you are changing the matching system I see no reason this should be 'fixed'. It's fun to use and as people previously mentioned, a not so easy skill to learn.

Since you are changing the skills so much, why not give the player an OPTION to reset their skill ONCE? (get all the gems spent back)

Rogue
Site Admin

Post by Rogue »

Thank you everyone for your feedback!
Unrealisation wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:41 pm
For hackers, I see a lot of 1/1 HP and 200 to 300+ HP wolves. Obviously you guys updated the forum rules saying that players should report them via email; however, many of us find it more convenient to report here with the hackers' IDs. Reporting hackers publically will give players a heads-up and bring more awareness to the issue for the developers. It's how we know we are being heard.
Okey-dokey, you can now report hackers in this thread :)

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

If you developers are still set on increasing prices of skills and deceasing the damage of some, I (and many other loyal, concerned players) highly recommend that you allow players to reset their skills and give back all the diamonds we ever spent on these skills. Like Skyres and a few others have spoke up, it’s a way to prevent you from loosing the majority of players. I’m sure many of us would be glad to have a second chance with this upcoming update to rechoose our skills and explore new ones.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

Rogue wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:16 am
Thank you everyone for your feedback!
Unrealisation wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:41 pm
For hackers, I see a lot of 1/1 HP and 200 to 300+ HP wolves. Obviously you guys updated the forum rules saying that players should report them via email; however, many of us find it more convenient to report here with the hackers' IDs. Reporting hackers publically will give players a heads-up and bring more awareness to the issue for the developers. It's how we know we are being heard.
Okey-dokey, you can now report hackers in this thread :)
Thank you. I also want to let you know that we are speaking up because it is through this game that has literally changed our lives. It is not so much about the skills as the people, the wolf community. I’m afraid that if you don’t take what we say on the forum and Instagram in deep consideration and make necessary changes, then it will fall apart and plummet in the wrong direction. Please read each and every single one of our posts/comments, which all have a unique insight to offer.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017