Upcoming Balance Changes - The Wolf 1.10

All important updates and information about The Wolf.
Unrealisation

Re: Upcoming Balance Changes - The Wolf 1.10

Post by Unrealisation »

V.R4.16 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:09 am
I believe it is a reasonable request on our part, to provide us with some kind of compensation. It is already being done with attributes. Why not with skills as well?

The most realistic suggestion so far is providing us with the ability to reset skills, if only once to avoid further outrage within The Wolf community.
I also think that adding the option to reset skills and get back all the gems spent on that skill(s) is a great idea, although I do have some questions. For instance, will it be reset by individual skills or by the entire skill tree across four sectors? Should we pay a small fee (Gems or coins) to have that option? Lastly, let's say our venomous skin is level 10. Before the update, we need 7,000 gems to get it to level 11. After the update, if we reset that skill (or all skills), will venomous skin be 75% more expensive if we somehow decide to get it again?

I feel like it's a bit tricky, but maybe I'm overthinking this... :?

V.R4.16 wrote:
I agree with the developers decision to remove air biting. I have nothing against the bug, in fact I use it frequently in both coop and pvp.

If you think about it though, with the balancing of coop and pvp being introduced, [Finally!] we won’t need it anymore.

Rain made a very good point though. The game is way too simple and straight forward as it is. There is no real skill needed to get the upper hand in combat or overall strength. It’s just whoever can grind the most in coop or spend the most money to upgrade attributes and skills.

My suggestion would be to implement a "talents tree". [similar to the "skill tree"]
Maybe air bite could be reintroduced with this and become official 😉 throwing range increased as you upgrade it- setback of the talent would be low critical chance, but it increases ever so slightly with each upgrade.

Full credit to user Need Restoration for that one. Genius idea.
I'm actually more open-minded to the new update now, whether the devs remove air bite, keep it, or turn it to something else different, as you had suggested. Side note: it's fantastic to see you guys expand on each other's ideas--simply ingenious, both of you.
V.R4.16 wrote:
Sorry to say, but the ability to run away from enemy, teleport back to den, fight from den, and disrupt the opposing teams teleport benefits no one but the stronger player[s].
Can you clarify what you mean by saying that only stronger players benefit from running away, howling to den, fighting from den, port block, etc? More importantly, is that always the case? I'm slightly confused because doesn't everybody, regardless of their strength, can choose to run away, howl to den, fight from den, or port block? And since anybody can do that, doesn't it give the benefit to the person doing such action and perhaps their team?

---------

What are your thoughts on increasing health and attack attributes to 750? What about the CP match-making system (anyone can answer this)

I see many people oppose it because they say it's going to set them back and they're so close to reaching max attack (or a certain attack) and now they have to do it all over again; it's going to put them more behind (or something along those lines).

If you have the same thoughts I described above, here's my question for you: Why are you rushing yourself? Why not just take your attributes/skills one step at a time? Grasp the developer's objective in mind: they want people to keep playing the game. So if you're reaching the max or have reached the max, chances are you won't play as often because there's NOTHING left to do. It's the end. Sure, you can hop on PvP every now and then, but there's no challenge when you're too strong.

Personally, I get that we all want to be stronger, but think about two positive aspects of this new update. First off, it's going to be much easier to upgrade attacks/HPs, especially for people who are stuck around level 200s. Secondly, there's going to be a CP match-making system, which will (hopefully) make PvP more fun for everyone. I don't know if the devs are going to keep the old PvP mode so you can fight random opponents with various strengths, but like Cerb70 spoke up, we should all give it a chance. You won't feel too discouraged because you will no longer be put in rooms with giant HPs if you're a smaller wolf. Likewise, if you're a big HP, you won't have to constantly hop to find others around your HP to have a decently enjoyable war. I'm not sure what it's going to be like for those who have small HP but big attack and strong skills, but we'll see in the coming update I guess.

Now for the old/almost maxed skills or attributes players, this aspect of the update will carve a new path for us. I don't really play this game nowadays, the maximum I play is 1 hour per week, which is significantly lower than a year or two ago. It's extremely difficult to coop for another attack level as I'm nearing 300, and I don't have the motivation to do it. However, this update will change that.
Last edited by Unrealisation on Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

Wolfbanegod wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:48 am
Aslo im tired of randomly being pukked from my map. Cause it doesnt let me back in aftwr it does. It says error loading room and takes me back to the start screen. Its acting like i left on purpose and i didnt please STOP! Pulling random people from a room.
I believe it would be helpful if you'd provide information about your device, for example, the model and type of phone/iPad/tablet so that the devs could look into it if it's not a wifi case.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

Wolfbanegod

Post by Wolfbanegod »

I have a samsung A20 phone. I have the carrier boost mobile. So i use data not wifi.
Godstriker56

Mangy

Post by Mangy »

Here is the fairest solution to Venomous Skin... The devs won't prefer this solution because it is not money-making like their solution, but it is the best and fairest solution for all players new and old:

They should cap the skill at level 10 and return gems to any players that bought level 11-13. End of story.

That way no player has the advantage of having bought it when it was cheapb, and no player will have invested in a skill that does't perform as expected (because their investments are returned to them).

Just make level 10 max for venomous skin, and return gems to those who bought level 11-13. Simple and fair.

B2M

Quarantine

Post by Quarantine »

before any update is done I do believe you should take the time to "get it right", I don't care if it takes another year, just do it. You won't regret it.
You cannot please everyone, but for those who are loyal to you, why treat them with disregard?
Frankly, give us some freedom. Seriously, what harm would it do? Deleting accounts, adjusting the difficulty you prefer, rearranging gems, etc. Also, "dont raise prices" add a counter skill to balance it. Or make the other skills more useful, perhaps just make the cooldown time of overpowered skills longer...theres many options you have, don't resort to making skills unaffordable
Words words words

Skyres

Post by Skyres »

Mangy wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:13 pm
Here is the fairest solution to Venomous Skin... The devs won't prefer this solution because it is not money-making like their solution, but it is the best and fairest solution for all players new and old:

They should cap the skill at level 10 and return gems to any players that bought level 11-13. End of story.

That way no player has the advantage of having bought it when it was cheapb, and no player will have invested in a skill that does't perform as expected (because their investments are returned to them).

Just make level 10 max for venomous skin, and return gems to those who bought level 11-13. Simple and fair.

B2M
But there are people who had the skill under or equal to 10... and this is still not fair because it caps the protential of the skill.

Rogue
Site Admin

Post by Rogue »

We've listened to your feedback and decided that "airbite" will stay. We might prevent some ways of using it in this or one of the upcoming updates if we think that it's too abusive. You've suggested multiple solutions on how to make it more fair, and we'll treat it as a feature, not a bug from now on.

We will not nerf Venomous Skin but we'll still increase its price. If you've purchased it for the cheaper price you'll be able to keep it on the levels you’ve paid for. Upgrading it will be more expensive once the update goes live.

We’ll proceed with all the other changes. We're aware you're worried about some of them but we're confident it will make the game better and more fun for everyone.

Confirmation on points purchase will not be added to this update, but we'll do this for the next one. Spot blocking is another issue we'll take a closer look at and we'll do our best to prevent it in the upcoming updates as well.

(Main post has been edited to include the changes)

Shad

Post by Shad »

Does attribute increase mean new health and attack levels will be 750 max instead of 300 currently?

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

Shad wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:30 pm
Does attribute increase mean new health and attack levels will be 750 max instead of 300 currently?
Yes, the max attack and health levels will have a new max: 750 instead of 300.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

Wolfbanegod

Post by Wolfbanegod »

Rogue wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:23 pm
We've listened to your feedback and decided that "airbite" will stay. We might prevent some ways of using it in this or one of the upcoming updates if we think that it's too abusive. You've suggested multiple solutions on how to make it more fair, and we'll treat it as a feature, not a bug from now on.

We will not nerf Venomous Skin but we'll still increase its price. If you've purchased it for the cheaper price you'll be able to keep it on the levels you’ve paid for. Upgrading it will be more expensive once the update goes live.

We’ll proceed with all the other changes. We're aware you're worried about some of them but we're confident it will make the game better and more fun for everyone.

Confirmation on points purchase will not be added to this update, but we'll do this for the next one. Spot blocking is another issue we'll take a closer look at and we'll do our best to prevent it in the upcoming updates as well.

(Main post has been edited to include the changes)
My dream wolf skins if the ever make it to the game are
Solar
Lunar
Ghost
Tidal
Galactic
Maps i would like to see one map if not the map the animals
Volcanic Turbulence
And tropicap island type map.
But it has prehistoric and other cool prey and aniamls.
Fantasy set
Dragon
Unicorn
Prehistoric set
T rex
Velociraptors
Tropical animals
Water animals
Sharks
Also cobras
And monkeys
Also this would be the gardest yet best map ever.
Any other cool ideas ill late you know later.
But i feel us as the fans. Not just me would love something like this. Also biggest map for the game. Even tho an islans a lot of prey. Plus some islands are huge. Think like the Netherlands but smaller but yet larger then mammoth creek and legendary mounttains put togehter.
Godstriker56