Upcoming Balance Changes - The Wolf 1.10

All important updates and information about The Wolf.
PharaohSabre

Re: Upcoming Balance Changes - The Wolf 1.10

Post by PharaohSabre »

TW-2017 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:34 pm

The only problem I have is that they're making skills that WE PAID for out of our own pockets weaker. Do you think that's NITPICKING? Or when they weakened other skills like shield without even announcing it? When they removed airbite after THEY STATED they would leave it be 'for now'. We have the right to share our feelings, WE PAY FOR THE SKILLS. WE SPEND HOURS IN COOP to achieve where we need to be. You have your opinion, we have ours. The only good thing about this update is the level increase and max attributions. Everything else is pure garbage. The "new skills" are reused from the tiger. Where is the creativity in all this? I understand companies have to make money, but is reducing the gem rewards on champs necessary? Definitely not, they weren't even that high before this update. As I said, all I care about is getting Venom skin, The skill I paid $300-$400 DOLLARS TO MAX, back.
Um? Who's fault is it you spent that much money on a children's game? That's the risk you run when you pay to win. I've been killed by VS alone twice since this update. My defense is maxed and my HQ currently sits at 13k. VS seems to work just fine to me. But if it's still that much of an issue to you, you can always just y'know, quit.
The Original Champion Thief

MUIEPSD

Post by MUIEPSD »

PharaohSabre wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:13 pm

Um? Who's fault is it you spent that much money on a children's game? That's the risk you run when you pay to win. I've been killed by VS alone twice since this update. My defense is maxed and my HQ currently sits at 13k. VS seems to work just fine to me. But if it's still that much of an issue to you, you can always just y'know, quit.
That comment right there is childish. You got killed by VS and now hate it? So you do like that when you have problems? You quit or try to solve it? Next time when you buy an online product don't complain if is not what you've ordered.
The devs look right now like a bunch of frauds. They lie, saying they will only change VS price, and then they weaken a skill you bought because it was strong

TW-2017

Post by TW-2017 »

PharaohSabre wrote:
TW-2017 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:34 pm

The only problem I have is that they're making skills that WE PAID for out of our own pockets weaker. Do you think that's NITPICKING? Or when they weakened other skills like shield without even announcing it? When they removed airbite after THEY STATED they would leave it be 'for now'. We have the right to share our feelings, WE PAY FOR THE SKILLS. WE SPEND HOURS IN COOP to achieve where we need to be. You have your opinion, we have ours. The only good thing about this update is the level increase and max attributions. Everything else is pure garbage. The "new skills" are reused from the tiger. Where is the creativity in all this? I understand companies have to make money, but is reducing the gem rewards on champs necessary? Definitely not, they weren't even that high before this update. As I said, all I care about is getting Venom skin, The skill I paid $300-$400 DOLLARS TO MAX, back.

The whole concept of this game is to be the strongest. So you better bet that people are going to buy. Your HP is only 13k. You're a pup, sit down. Imagine using Venom skin against 60ks+. You would get nowhere. My DB and VS are max yet venom skin only does 14k to 15k. That's hardly even going to scratch my opponent. Don't sit here and think it's okay to belittle my feelings. This is not a small problem and right now, we don't need to hear you talking out of your behind.

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

PharaohSabre wrote:
I want to politely ask for clarifications:

1. Are you suggesting that players are at fault for buying gems because they have the money and want to spend it on the things that they enjoy? Even if it's on a "children's game"? If so, once they've bought a product for the exact functions the seller had originally described, it's completely the buyer's fault if the seller decides to change the functions of the product the customer bought and refuse to compensate the money or refunds?

2. Can you please define "children's game"?
As far as what I've observed from the wolf communities over the past years, kids, teens, and adults alike play this game. And most of them are actually adults (18 and older). So if we speak from the demographic of the age of players on the game base, it's mostly teens and adults. And the social construction in wolf is not exactly kid-friendly either. Sexual predators, toxic comments, inappropriate language, etc. And honestly, when I first played I thought this was a children's game too. But over the past 3 years, I've seen more adults playing than I could ever imagine. There's nothing wrong with that, of course. If people find pleasure in something, they will go back for more.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

Ignis

Post by Ignis »

I’m not going to state my opinion of this update, it’s just that I have read through the posts here, facebook and instagram and have pretty much read through the same thing over and over. I decided to look up some things which is mostly what the terms and conditions for this game says and here are some facts, and facts only:

§ 4 Fees and purchases

4. “Service Provider may revise the pricing for the goods and Service offered through the Service at any time. User acknowledges that the Service Provider is not required to provide a refund for any reason..”

That’s all, not sure if it will matter but I will be on my way anyway. :3
gαмιиg σтαкυ
“Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many.”

Shad

Post by Shad »

Ignis wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:14 pm
I’m not going to state my opinion of this update, it’s just that I have read through the posts here, facebook and instagram and have pretty much read through the same thing over and over. I decided to look up some things which is mostly what the terms and conditions for this game says and here are some facts, and facts only:

§ 4 Fees and purchases

4. “Service Provider may revise the pricing for the goods and Service offered through the Service at any time. User acknowledges that the Service Provider is not required to provide a refund for any reason..”

That’s all, not sure if it will matter but I will be on my way anyway. :3
Although it doesn’t really affect me since I don’t use Venom skin, but it’s not the prices that people are complaining about, it’s what they had initially purchased that has been nerfed according to them therefore they feel they have been cheated out of their money.

And if people think they have been cheated then there is no point complaining endlessly - go to the apps store and file for refunds or take some legal route. That is the only way you will get somewhere.

rain

Post by rain »

You are destroying the remains of your consumer base. Lying to us is scamming us, taking OUR money that we work for to give to YOU. Yes we complain. The issues run deeper than just bad ideas. This is real money people have spent. The reason people spend is because they trust the company and they want to support the company some way. We have the right to complain because what they did is not right, at all. You cannot defend a lie that is so obviously there. Understanding is different to accepting and justifying. You understand they need money but you cannot justify the literal robbery of money, even if the terms and conditions say something. It is an injustice.

Yes this game is pay to win. That's why people pay. The game convinces people that they can pay and that they won't watse their money. However this money is gone to watse because of a false security. You can't justify it by saying that it's because they're a company ans they need money. Of course they do, but their methods are only failing them. Telling players to quit won't make this game better. It will lower the reviews. The game will fail. How do people want to support the company yet want to support lying to their customers and destroying trust.

Not everyone will enjoy updates. There will always be disagreeing and agreeing. The issue here though, is that more than 90% of the responses disagree. An update should excite and cause happiness, not make us regret investing in something like this. Money is money. People know where they spend their money and people trust that their money won't be taken advanatge of. This isn't the first time something like this has happened.
rain/cyne

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

Ignis wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:14 pm
§ 4 Fees and purchases
This statement says “revise the pricing for the goods,” but does it say revise the functions of goods? Especially after the buyer has purchased said goods?

I’d love to take time to read through this terms and conditions, could you please direct me to it?
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

PharaohSabre

Post by PharaohSabre »

Unrealisation wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:19 am

I want to politely ask for clarifications:

1. Are you suggesting that players are at fault for buying gems because they have the money and want to spend it on the things that they enjoy? Even if it's on a "children's game"? If so, once they've bought a product for the exact functions the seller had originally described, it's completely the buyer's fault if the seller decides to change the functions of the product the customer bought and refuse to compensate the money or refunds?

2. Can you please define "children's game"?
As far as what I've observed from the wolf communities over the past years, kids, teens, and adults alike play this game. And most of them are actually adults (18 and older). So if we speak from the demographic of the age of players on the game base, it's mostly teens and adults. And the social construction in wolf is not exactly kid-friendly either. Sexual predators, toxic comments, inappropriate language, etc. And honestly, when I first played I thought this was a children's game too. But over the past 3 years, I've seen more adults playing than I could ever imagine. There's nothing wrong with that, of course. If people find pleasure in something, they will go back for more.
1) I'm not saying it's their fault for spending money on it but it is their responsibility to note that when they spend real money on things like this there's a chance the company can make chances that will affect the things that their money paid for. That's something you have to take into account. If you don't that's on you.

2) Children's game = A game geared toward children. That's it. Animal Crossing is a children's game. It just so happens quite a few adults play it. The Call of Duty series, or other M-Rated games, are not children's games. There's a reason you can't just snatch most M-Rated games off Google play/The App Store for free. The only reason the game is rife with sexual predators and toxic comments is because over time Swiftapps added all sorts of new ways to communicate but no sensible ways to regulate that communication. Not even so much as a report button for in-game PMs. I won't even bring up the censoring system because not only can it be easily outsmarted but it censors things like king, queen and even the word "cookies" but will allow someone to type the word "Thot" with no resistance. I'm not saying you're not allowed to like it as an adult or buy gems but there surely are smarter things to do with money than pay your way to the top on such a trivial app.
Last edited by PharaohSabre on Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PharaohSabre

Post by PharaohSabre »

MUIEPSD wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:14 am

That comment right there is childish. You got killed by VS and now hate it? So you do like that when you have problems? You quit or try to solve it? Next time when you buy an online product don't complain if is not what you've ordered.
The devs look right now like a bunch of frauds. They lie, saying they will only change VS price, and then they weaken a skill you bought because it was strong
When something I ordered doesn't go my way I grow a pair and take the loss. Venom skin was what you "ordered" at the time you bought it. This is digital product we're discussing not an ill-fitting dress from Amazon. As long as it's under company control it's subject to change. Whoever bought VS (or any skill, really) should have taken that into account. And where did I say I hated VS? I just stated what I experienced with the edited version of the skill that other people hate so much. If you expect to be taken seriously in this discussion don't put words in people's mouths.
Last edited by PharaohSabre on Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.