Upcoming Balance Changes - The Wolf 1.10

All important updates and information about The Wolf.
Player002

Re: Upcoming Balance Changes - The Wolf 1.10

Post by Player002 »

I just read this venom skin thing and noticed after the survey on wolf they said they wouldn’t nerf venom only increase the price and crossed out this below.

We've decided not to change its behaviour because you've been using it this way for years. We'll give it a little nerf and bump its price significantly as it was just too powerful for its place in the meta. It will still remain a very strong skill if used by a skilled player”

They didn’t nerf it they changed how it works they crossed this above out after promising not to nerf it. They didn’t say they wouldn’t change its behavior in fact they marked it out completely.

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

Accalia.Akki wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:41 am
Unrealisation wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:39 pm
§ 3 Service, Number 3:
User understands that the Service is an evolving one. Service Provider may require that User accepts updates to the Service and to Service Provider’s games that User has installed on its device. User acknowledges and agrees that the Service Provider may update the Service. User will be notified about any change of the Service.
Does this statement imply that they can make changes to the service--the game, including the functions of a good even after the players has spent money on it?

If you go back to page one of this thread where we were notified that they were in fact going to leave the VS as it was and only increase its price by 75% then technically yes, they have broken their own t&c. They have not since notified or explained anywhere that they were going to nerf that skill. You buy something and you receive a different product, would you let it slide? I’m sure you wouldn’t. Doesn’t matter if it was bought with money or grinding in coop for gems. It’s still something we bought with the gems collected and still fraud in some way to nerf it with no notification. What they did say was, we will leave it and increase its price, driving a lot of players to max it before the update. They mislead a lot of players INTENTIONALLY.

People rattling of the whole “don’t buy, it’s your own fault if you do” doesn’t even count as a valid argument either. Without paying users how would the company pays its overheads? Do you think TW would still be here if no one paid?
Like I said in posts above, Swift Apps basically lied about the changes in this new update (VS). That is true, evidence is right in front of our face, I won’t question that. Yes they did mislead their players. However, I’m more concerned with the written terms and service document. It says that the game is an “evolving one,” which means that they basically have the right to make updates. Nerfing vs because it was an OP skill for its price was justified and necessary, but the approach and time in which Swift Apps chose to revise the skill was not appropriate, since so many people have grind or bought that skills for its original OP strength. Additionally, in the terms and service, it says no refunds whatsoever. I’m not sure what else we could do as players.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

wolf-girl

Post by wolf-girl »

I have been giving The Wolf the benefit of the doubt with this new update. I really tried to get used to this new update, but I don't think I can play any longer. Now, it is all just a huge waste of time. As if losing my primary special skill (VS) wasn't worse enough. I would like to speak about the new change; Combat Power. Here is my opinion. CP works decently in coop. CP divides players based on their CP in coop. Some people may find this unfair because they are unable to coop with their friends or they get a reduction. I don't mind though, CP is FINE in coop. However, CP does not work at all in PvP. Let me explain.

"Combat power will be used to divide high-level players based on their strength. This will be mainly used when you just auto-join games." -stated ROUGE in the post "The Wolf 1.10 expected release date - June 17th, 2020"

This is false. Today in pvp, I saw a (level 70) 69k fighting against 10k, 22k, and 25k (they're all around level 55-58). Lol, is that the "balance" you guys are talking about? This update is a whole mess, and it's clear to see that everything that has been created in this update lacks one thing or another.
Last edited by wolf-girl on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Accalia.Akki

Post by Accalia.Akki »

Unrealisation wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:28 pm
Accalia.Akki wrote:
Unrealisation wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:39 pm
§ 3 Service, Number 3:

Does this statement imply that they can make changes to the service--the game, including the functions of a good even after the players has spent money on it?

If you go back to page one of this thread where we were notified that they were in fact going to leave the VS as it was and only increase its price by 75% then technically yes, they have broken their own t&c. They have not since notified or explained anywhere that they were going to nerf that skill. You buy something and you receive a different product, would you let it slide? I’m sure you wouldn’t. Doesn’t matter if it was bought with money or grinding in coop for gems. It’s still something we bought with the gems collected and still fraud in some way to nerf it with no notification. What they did say was, we will leave it and increase its price, driving a lot of players to max it before the update. They mislead a lot of players INTENTIONALLY.

People rattling of the whole “don’t buy, it’s your own fault if you do” doesn’t even count as a valid argument either. Without paying users how would the company pays its overheads? Do you think TW would still be here if no one paid?
Like I said in posts above, Swift Apps basically lied about the changes in this new update (VS). That is true, evidence is right in front of our face, I won’t question that. Yes they did mislead their players. However, I’m more concerned with the written terms and service document. It says that the game is an “evolving one,” which means that they basically have the right to make updates. Nerfing vs because it was an OP skill for its price was justified and necessary, but the approach and time in which Swift Apps chose to revise the skill was not appropriate, since so many people have grind or bought that skills for its original OP strength. Additionally, in the terms and service, it says no refunds whatsoever. I’m not sure what else we could do as players.

It’s the lying and intentionally misleading the whole community. It breaks the trust between players and developers and will in the long run, push many paying players away and also those that grind in coop for their gems. I mean let’s say on average it takes a player a year to max their skills through coop and at the end of that year they, swift, nerf the skills again, introduce new skills and up the prices again. It is never ending cycle of breaking trust. If players no longer trust what they buy then ultimately they will stop buying. I know now, I’ll never put another penny into the game, for skills or vip. I agree they could have done a little tinkering on the vs but they have made it unusable in both coop and pvp and by upping the cost by 75% 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s not great business choices really. I’m self employed, I know for a fact if I up my prices but reduce the output I’d be up the creek without a paddle. It isn’t the first time this has happened either. The trust was already shaken when everyone had to max their skills again and now this time around with nerfing beyond use for many big hp wars 🤷🏻‍♀️ Game suicide. It’s like they want to ruin it beyond repair so no one will play. Then the fact they ignore us and throw a competition for the strongest to win 🤷🏻‍♀️ The game is in favour of the minority. Those that share accounts progress faster and are rewarded for breaking the t&c there too.

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

Accalia.Akki wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:00 pm
Unrealisation wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:28 pm
Accalia.Akki wrote:

It’s the lying and intentionally misleading the whole community. It breaks the trust between players and developers and will in the long run, push many paying players away and also those that grind in coop for their gems. I mean let’s say on average it takes a player a year to max their skills through coop and at the end of that year they, swift, nerf the skills again, introduce new skills and up the prices again. It is never ending cycle of breaking trust. If players no longer trust what they buy then ultimately they will stop buying. I know now, I’ll never put another penny into the game, for skills or vip. I agree they could have done a little tinkering on the vs but they have made it unusable in both coop and pvp and by upping the cost by 75% 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s not great business choices really. I’m self employed, I know for a fact if I up my prices but reduce the output I’d be up the creek without a paddle. It isn’t the first time this has happened either. The trust was already shaken when everyone had to max their skills again and now this time around with nerfing beyond use for many big hp wars 🤷🏻‍♀️ Game suicide. It’s like they want to ruin it beyond repair so no one will play. Then the fact they ignore us and throw a competition for the strongest to win 🤷🏻‍♀️ The game is in favour of the minority. Those that share accounts progress faster and are rewarded for breaking the t&c there too.
Agreed with everything you said. I'd also like to add on to the Race to Level 70 thing. It privileges level 50 players who are already strong and players who pay/play (a lot). This race is like a thank you message for them: "We appreciate you for investing so much of your money and time in our game. As a reward, we will make a race that makes the stronger players even more stronger! You're very welcome!" Maybe it's that way because this is a pay-to-win game. Despite all of this, I do appreciate that Swift Apps is doing something new and have never been done before. It's just that they need to try to provide everyone an equal chance at winning in future competitions and stop misleading us.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

Player002 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:12 pm
I just read this venom skin thing and noticed after the survey on wolf they said they wouldn’t nerf venom only increase the price and crossed out this below.

We've decided not to change its behaviour because you've been using it this way for years. We'll give it a little nerf and bump its price significantly as it was just too powerful for its place in the meta. It will still remain a very strong skill if used by a skilled player”

They didn’t nerf it they changed how it works they crossed this above out after promising not to nerf it. They didn’t say they wouldn’t change its behavior in fact they marked it out completely.
Right, after crossing the statements you quoted above, they wrote this new sentence: "We’ve decided to just increase its price as it was a bargain for its power."

When they claim "to just increase its price," you'd automatically think they're going to do just that. Raise the price. Why didn't they also mention they will change the behavior of VS in green text? That's a very important thing they should warn ahead of time, don't you think? They're taking advantage of the time frame, where people would want to max out that skill before the update arrives. Within this short time frame, people would want to buy because they might not be able to grind enough gems. If they say they will remove VS's ability to stack damage and raise the price after the update, nobody would want to buy VS before the update comes. Even if the devs "didn’t say they wouldn’t change its behavior" as you claimed, unclear communication has misled many players, destroying the trust between the company and the wolf community.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

MUIEPSD

Post by MUIEPSD »

Unrealisation wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:29 am

When they claim "to just increase its price," you'd automatically think they're going to do just that. Raise the price. Why didn't they also mention they will change the behavior of VS in green text? That's a very important thing they should warn ahead of time, don't you think? They're taking advantage of the time frame, where people would want to max out that skill before the update arrives. Within this short time frame, people would want to buy because they might not be able to grind enough gems. If they say they will remove VS's ability to stack damage and raise the price after the update, nobody would want to buy VS before the update comes. Even if the devs "didn’t say they wouldn’t change its behavior" as you claimed, unclear communication has misled many players, destroying the trust between the company and the wolf community.

It's not the first time they did this.. They made before with FB and other skills just before Mammoth Creek update.

I'll make sure everybody will know how Swift values their customers. I'll let reviews how they lied about VS on their adds on Facebook and other platforms. Future new players need to know what will happen with their money if they decide to invest in The Wolf

TW-2017

Post by TW-2017 »

MUIEPSD wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:33 am
Unrealisation wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:29 am

It's not the first time they did this.. They made before with FB and other skills just before Mammoth Creek update.

I'll make sure everybody will know how Swift values their customers. I'll let reviews how they lied about VS on their adds on Facebook and other platforms. Future new players need to know what will happen with their money if they decide to invest in The Wolf
Well at least the other skills still function the same. At least the other skills are decently strong. My Venom skin is max with damage boost and I cant even kill a 35k. What I'm trying to say is venom skin is no longer functional, AT ALL.

Sliced_Bread360

Post by Sliced_Bread360 »

Been working on an account for over a year, Venomous Skin is kinda ruined, same for many others who spent an abundance of money on it alone. Hope to see it change, my account is useless against other wolfs and in coop, please, take this as an example of why we may be angry towards the venomous skin nerf.

Pawwed

Post by Pawwed »

After VS Buff basically stating in their notes they will increase prices 75%. But crossed out the fact they made it unusable, at this point I have max damage boost, Max VS cant kill a 35k in coop. They’ve stated that they would leave it remaining the same but you can tell the significance of difference. They’ve in a since are misleading players to buy into this game, however the ones who have been loyal played this game for years suddenly changed the overall outlook and skills added to make more money. Yet changed the even players who’ve played boosted attack lvls prompt to this whole rise to lvl 70 stuff. I think this update was entirely too much at one time. I don’t even enjoy this game at all now. You switch up basically the outlook of how the game is so called balanced now? Like im really upset spending atleast a thousand into a game. A skill like VS is now not even usable, my main skill. I believe it couldve used a slight buff but swift absolutely destroyed it. Nonetheless to raise cost 75%. Misleading community and new players to believe it has been untouched damage% wise. Like what kind of scandal is this. Lets not talk about the same maps weve had for years ? But go try touching skills and things to balance out the game? Yet still is a failure to balance. In pvp, ive seen a lvl 70 fighting lvl 25ks 15ks and 10ks like you call that balanced? Like what are you guys doing swift, ive completely withdrawn from playing this game now im sure many others appreciate the update some feel the same as I do. Its just my opinion but im one of thousands. I feel everyone needs to speak up before this “update becomes COVID-19” to the game speaking.