Is it phone or the game?

Here's the place where you can ask for help and post your questions!
Darkfur

Is it phone or the game?

Post by Darkfur » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:48 am

I can't see waterfalls, I mean the water, that fells down. The texture is a bit bad, the mountains looking... weird. Is it my phone or the game?

Wolffles

Re: Is it phone or the game?

Post by Wolffles » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:47 pm

I think its the game. My graphics get blurry from medium and above. Also the particles don't show up as in the previous version.
Level: 23
Region: USA/EU
ID: 9023310

yakuza

Post by yakuza » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:03 pm

What devices and which qualities do you guys use?
/Y

Wolf #1826083

Wolffles

Post by Wolffles » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Zenfone 4
I use low quality because since the last update the resolution in medium and high is terrible

AlphaWolf1

Post by AlphaWolf1 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:21 pm

I have a device with 570 ppi (pixels per inch) and a screen resolution of 2960 x 1440. I have no problem on anything concerning the quality but when it comes to this game...
Well yea, I can't even talk about how bad it is and I know it's not because neither the ppi or the screen resolution is too low, it's the app it's self so personally, I think the quality is set more to the gain of the Apples rather than Androids but I still hope that they fix this.
IGN:Alpha Shadow
Level:49
ID:2606150
Dicord:AlphaWolf1#0889
KiK:AlphaWolf091
Gmail:alphawolf0191@gmail.com
Google+:Alpha Wolf1

yakuza

Post by yakuza » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:33 pm

Yup, this is indeed a bit annoying, but certainly there are more urgent problems in game to address.
/Y

Wolf #1826083

yakuza

Post by yakuza » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:34 pm

AlphaWolf1 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:21 pm
I have a device with 570 ppi (pixels per inch) and a screen resolution of 2960 x 1440.
Would you mind sharing exact model and manufacturer?
/Y

Wolf #1826083

White Fang 1
Location: California, United States. Firefighter, USMC Mos 2651

Post by White Fang 1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:31 pm

Some devices like the Samsung Galaxy S7 will have quality settings on high where there won't be anything blurry or hard to see but when I switch to the HTC One or an RCA tablet the settings will be on low and turning the settings to high will make it blurry. So new, stronger devices handled smoothly while older devices lagged behind in quality settings. It depends on your processor, ram, ram speed, resolution, PPI, and free storage space to have good enough specifications to run certain games.
Started playing in Sep 8, 2017 IGN: White Fang
KIK: White_Fang_1
Answer Most questions.

Wolffles

Post by Wolffles » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:41 am

White Fang 1 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:31 pm
Some devices like the Samsung Galaxy S7 will have quality settings on high where there won't be anything blurry or hard to see but when I switch to the HTC One or an RCA tablet the settings will be on low and turning the settings to high will make it blurry. So new, stronger devices handled smoothly while older devices lagged behind in quality settings. It depends on your processor, ram, ram speed, resolution, PPI, and free storage space to have good enough specifications to run certain games.
I have this game installed in 2 phones here. My first android phone which is a good old Moto G2 (that happens to be still working) and my current phone that is a Zenfone 4. However, the older one can handle it in medium quality without any blur, though the Zenfone has better gpu and processor :?
If this phone can handle popular games like PUBG and AOV, them why it struggles with The Wolf? :o

White Fang 1
Location: California, United States. Firefighter, USMC Mos 2651

Post by White Fang 1 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:33 pm

Wolffles wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:41 am
I have this game installed in 2 phones here. My first android phone which is a good old Moto G2 (that happens to be still working) and my current phone that is a Zenfone 4. However, the older one can handle it in medium quality without any blur, though the Zenfone has better gpu and processor :?
If this phone can handle popular games like PUBG and AOV, them why it struggles with The Wolf? :o
It could be that the wolf has more intense graphics than other games, to load the maps, animals and characters. For my devices the wolf is using about 600 MB of space this is probably due because the wolf does not compress the files and instead stores all the strings of code in individual files. The home screen and some other features will load without internet, like the skin selector, each skin is a 3D computer model that is stored to the device as well as the attributes and some save data. But the worlds and wolves themself are saved to a server at Swift Apps either at the HQ or at various relay servers or data centers around the world like other games, this is also why it can keep track of cheaters and hackers because the system has to update everything unless somethings wrong. That's why offline games are easier to hack. If the online data was stored to a phone it could be in the GB and the game might not even load at all before crashing your phone.
Some phones can handle it some cannot. There are certain specs that the levels made it for that will perform better. Most likely this is either the most popular phone in the world at the time of more commonly the most popular phone in the host country. Since Swift Apps are located in Poland and The Wolf was released in 2017 at that time the most used brand with 28.3% of all polish smartphones were Samsung Branded, so my best guess would be that The Wolf was developed mostly for Apple and Samsung phones.
Started playing in Sep 8, 2017 IGN: White Fang
KIK: White_Fang_1
Answer Most questions.