Page 1 of 2

Inappropriate Nicknames

Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:42 am
by Maple
One day, I decide to hunt in Co-op for a while. I pop into a server, and just look at what I see;
imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-Ha20ipKEa8d0kDH.jpg
imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-Ha20ipKEa8d0kDH.jpg (193.34 KiB) Viewed 1465 times
Everyone in the server bears names containing, mostly exclusively, swear words except for three people. This isn't the first time, and will not be the last but I am fed up. This is why I am writing a post concerning it now.

It could have been anyone in my place; a child, an intrigued parent, or a regular player. I've already started seeing reviews of the game down-voting it, stating that their child have been asked their private information by strangers during their game. Seeing a game as beautiful and enjoyable as The Wolf get ruined and deemed unsafe because of such people in its community is just saddening.

The censor system in nicknames is very easily avoidable, but I'm not confident that further removing more words will be the effective. Even though it cannot block everything that may refer to or sound like an offensive name, surely one can't let this lie? This is outrageous.

A solution? Maybe a few active moderators who can ban/warn such toxic people roaming in-game. But again, that would take up time and resources, and possibly divert the team from actively working on improvements and other projects. Any other thoughts?

Re: Inappropriate Nicknames

Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:07 am
by Unrealisation
Hey, today I heard from a player who played the beta version of the next update that the game will have an option to report hackers, people with inappropriate names, strong uses of profanities, bullies, harassment, etc. I'm not 100% sure if this is true, but there hasn't been an update within the last 3 months, so this might be one to look forward to.

Re: Inappropriate Nicknames

Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:04 pm
by Maple
Unrealisation wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:07 am
Hey, today I heard from a player who played the beta version of the next update that the game will have an option to report hackers, people with inappropriate names, strong uses of profanities, bullies, harassment, etc. I'm not 100% sure if this is true, but there hasn't been an update within the last 3 months, so this might be one to look forward to.
An update this soon? I have never heard that there was an open beta for updates, but even the possibility of this problem being taken under control is music to my ears. Thanks for the response.

Re: Inappropriate Nicknames

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:05 am
by White Fang 1
Unrealisation wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:07 am
Hey, today I heard from a player who played the beta version of the next update that the game will have an option to report hackers, people with inappropriate names, strong uses of profanities, bullies, harassment, etc. I'm not 100% sure if this is true, but there hasn't been an update within the last 3 months, so this might be one to look forward to.
I have not heard of a beta for The Wolf.

Re: Inappropriate Nicknames

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:07 am
by Unrealisation
White Fang 1 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:05 am
Unrealisation wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:07 am
Hey, today I heard from a player who played the beta version of the next update that the game will have an option to report hackers, people with inappropriate names, strong uses of profanities, bullies, harassment, etc. I'm not 100% sure if this is true, but there hasn't been an update within the last 3 months, so this might be one to look forward to.
I have not heard of a beta for The Wolf.
I also have not heard of a beta, but this is what another player told me. He said it's something you would have to sign up :?: Of course, I'm not so sure myself. Despite the doubt of a "Beta," I do think having this report option would positively impact how one player speaks and acts towards another.

Re: Inappropriate Nicknames

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:56 am
by Maple
Unrealisation wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:07 am
White Fang 1 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:05 am
Unrealisation wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:07 am
Hey, today I heard from a player who played the beta version of the next update that the game will have an option to report hackers, people with inappropriate names, strong uses of profanities, bullies, harassment, etc. I'm not 100% sure if this is true, but there hasn't been an update within the last 3 months, so this might be one to look forward to.
I have not heard of a beta for The Wolf.
I also have not heard of a beta, but this is what another player told me. He said it's something you would have to sign up :?: Of course, I'm not so sure myself. Despite the doubt of a "Beta," I do think having this report option would positively impact how one player speaks and acts towards another.
There are certain apps in the Play Store that allow users to test beta versions of updates without any requirements, just the click of a button. I also have never seen this available for The Wolf, at least on Google Play. It looks like this;
20190510_004106.jpg
20190510_004106.jpg (48.87 KiB) Viewed 1384 times
P.S.: The forum booted me out of my account two times in a row when I tried to attach one more picture without success. I had to write this post thrice :roll:

Re: Inappropriate Nicknames

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:32 am
by NoLifeHere98
I looked and didn't see one for the wolf. I'm wasn't surprise tho, they working on New Game anyway A VR Title called Scream. Horror I'm guessing http://swiftapps.pl/our-games/

Re: Inappropriate Nicknames

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:37 pm
by Maple
NoLifeHere98 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:32 am
I looked and didn't see one for the wolf. I'm wasn't surprise tho, they working on New Game anyway A VR Title called Scream. Horror I'm guessing http://swiftapps.pl/our-games/
Rogue once wrote;
Rogue wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:21 pm
Actually the information about the upcoming update to "The Wolf" will be released very soon, so please restrain from spreading unfounded rumors :D
(also "Scream" is a side project that is not pursued at the moment)

Cheers!
That WAS on 2017 though, but what he said about Scream may still apply as there are still only two images regarding the game on the website. The Wolf is probably their best game out there. I'd hate to see them abandon it.

Re: Inappropriate Nicknames

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:54 am
by White Fang 1
Maple wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:37 pm
NoLifeHere98 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:32 am
I looked and didn't see one for the wolf. I'm wasn't surprise tho, they working on New Game anyway A VR Title called Scream. Horror I'm guessing http://swiftapps.pl/our-games/
Rogue once wrote;
Rogue wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:21 pm
Actually the information about the upcoming update to "The Wolf" will be released very soon, so please restrain from spreading unfounded rumors :D
(also "Scream" is a side project that is not pursued at the moment)

Cheers!
That WAS on 2017 though, but what he said about Scream may still apply as there are still only two images regarding the game on the website. The Wolf is probably their best game out there. I'd hate to see them abandon it.
Yeah I have seen this too. I saw it when I was emailing swift apps last year. (Still no reply) According to the website, google play and the Moderators: there is no beta (yet), the wolf is only available for ios and Android (any other platform is not supported) and the scream project has been sidelined for now.

Re: Inappropriate Nicknames

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:28 am
by Unrealisation
Hm, regardless of whether there is a beta or not, I hope the devs are still working on updates for The Wolf :?
This game has bonded me with players from all around the world, and I genuinely want the best for it (: