1.3.4 Update Sending People to Hacker Servers

Here's the place where you can ask for help and post your questions!
goldfish

Re: 1.3.4 Update Sending People to Hacker Servers

Post by goldfish » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:07 am

All I'm saying is that maybe swift isn't in the wrong. Many of you got "compensation" not directly from swift but from the help of a third party. Now many of those same players are slowly getting shifted over to the hacker servers... Maybe I'm wrong... But maybe you should also be questioning what happens when you give your accounts to strangers to "fix". I know it sucks and many of you spent good honest money, but maybe swift isn't the one you should be mad at...

Just a thought.

Northern Lights

Post by Northern Lights » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:12 am

I understand that but what about the players who got sent there that did not receive this supposed compensation? I know of a whole bunch who don't get this supposed compensation that were still sent to the hacker servers. So how is this right?

goldfish

Post by goldfish » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:19 am

If they are being honest and didn't give their info away to strangers, mod their own account, use apps that alter the game in other ways, receive "compensation"... Then yes... I agree this is a serious issue and they should contact swift immediately. But just remember most of the people complaining are not innocent and it may take them a long time to help those people who are (if they can). They're bogged down by false complaints.... I'd argue that only a very small percentage are actually innocent here. I'd trust their algorithms and methods more than I would trust the honesty of humanity... Their goal isn't to send innocent people after all, they are running a business... So maybe there is something else going on for most of these "honest" complaints. But then again... I'm not a Dev... Just food for thought...

goldfish

Post by goldfish » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:50 am

Furthermore, I believe Rogue already eloquently addressed this issue:

"Hello!

First of all, Swift Apps has no reason to ban legitimate players. They would probably prefer to avoid this kind of situation if there was a single doubt about the account having used hacks. Swift Apps don't need to "prove" hackers that they're hackers nor they will lay out for you the anti-hacker system structure. The "numbers" that were talked about aren't just attributes or skills (which, by the way, would realistically require spending thousands of dollars, using a speed hack or a different mod to get to such high level) - there's also a log of receiving and spending. If you've been spending negative numbers or more than you have, it makes the situation pretty clear.

The system isn't perfect, it's constantly being worked on and there are still some hackers that might slip through, but those who are banned are banned for a solid reason. Not for spending a lot of points, which you're constantly trying to point to.

If you're sure you didn't use mods but you've been sharing an account with someone, they're probably not telling you all the truth. Sharing an account is not recommended and you need to bear in mind, that if you do share the password with someone, you're responsible for what they do with your account. If the account is banned, it doesn't matter who used it.

We all want a pleasant environment without hackers, so please stop slandering Swift Apps for trying to provide it."
-Rogue (forum moderator)

So... Again... Maybe we should also consider alternative reasons why you may have landed in the hacker server.

TheTrueKing

Post by TheTrueKing » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:59 am

wow... Well probably most of you at some time or other have let someone use your account and if they did do anything too it do you honestly think they'd tell you?... No I hope you answered no too that. Or maybe you yourself did something and just don't want your pack mates or friends too look down on you for it. After this most recent update pvp has been kind of boring but also more fair no FS or Obey people running around killing everyone. For you all I don't know what pack you're from I'm not saying you did mod but I'm not saying you didn't mod either but if you're a FS member or obey and you're banned well you made a lot of us so much happier I do however miss seeing TM and FU around. My goodness I just miss the good old days before iOS and Android merged those were the days. :mrgreen:
My killer instinct is so strong that lions call me to take lessons.

pringles

Post by pringles » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:25 am

Right now people are panicking only cause most of strong and 'elite' players are getting banned. Many of them did spend money, but that doesent mean they shouldn't get banned for cheating. Update is not a problem, you guys are!

Hawlucha (Throh)

Post by Hawlucha (Throh) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:12 pm

First of all, not all these "elites" got banned. For example, I'm not banned, and I saw a 27k named PUNISHER OBEY literally last night. And if you consider 5ks and 10ks "elites" then that's a problem. It has nothing to do with "compensation" at all if people are still here. You can clearly tell something is wrong just by looking at our servers. Where is everyone? You can't tell me every single person is a hacker. Now, as I said before, if any of you jackasses have something to say about the update that has affected you, please say it. If not, stay the Hell away from my post. I don't need you rats putting your noses in places they don't belong.

Hawlucha (Throh)

Post by Hawlucha (Throh) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:33 pm

goldfish wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:50 am

"Hello!

First of all, Swift Apps has no reason to ban legitimate players. They would probably prefer to avoid this kind of situation if there was a single doubt about the account having used hacks. Swift Apps don't need to "prove" hackers that they're hackers nor they will lay out for you the anti-hacker system structure. The "numbers" that were talked about aren't just attributes or skills (which, by the way, would realistically require spending thousands of dollars, using a speed hack or a different mod to get to such high level) - there's also a log of receiving and spending. If you've been spending negative numbers or more than you have, it makes the situation pretty clear.

The system isn't perfect, it's constantly being worked on and there are still some hackers that might slip through, but those who are banned are banned for a solid reason. Not for spending a lot of points, which you're constantly trying to point to.

If you're sure you didn't use mods but you've been sharing an account with someone, they're probably not telling you all the truth. Sharing an account is not recommended and you need to bear in mind, that if you do share the password with someone, you're responsible for what they do with your account. If the account is banned, it doesn't matter who used it.

We all want a pleasant environment without hackers, so please stop slandering Swift Apps for trying to provide it."
-Rogue (forum moderator)

So... Again... Maybe we should also consider alternative reasons why you may have landed in the hacker server.
This is from a completely different post, and a completed different situation that is still, in my opinion, unprofessional. Just because Swift Apps doesn't have to give out the details why someone has been banned, it still is useful to know so, you know, other people don't mess up and do the same. From what I've seen, Mami was never modded, she doesn't have max skills, max attack, or HP. I don't know much about the situation, however I've seen the email Swift Apps sent to her, saying that they found that her "numbers" were off and could possibly be a result of modding. "Numbers" is extremely vague enough, I don't think Rogue even knows the full story to be addressing this, it should have been a developer of Swift Apps addressing this, not the admin of the forums. This post alone still doesn't prove why 10k and below were sent to the hacker servers, I highly doubt everyone knows how to hack, or would even risk it if they spent money. This has happened before where a handful of innocent got sent to the hacker servers, and were all taken out and given $50 worth of gems as compensation. So this isn't some wide spread thing that should happen, it was another mistake, this time amplified, but still on Swift Apps part.

goldfish

Post by goldfish » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:53 pm

"The system isn't perfect, it's constantly being worked on and there are still some hackers that might slip through, but those who are banned are banned for a solid reason."

First....It's a process, they are working to get all the people who have hacked or cheated one way or another. Some (very few) people may have accidentally been sent there, I don't deny that possibility. Some hackers may have been missed, but the system should eventually catch them. While I agree that 27k is an obvious hack... 5ks and 10ks can be just as guilty. And just because you received "compensation" and you're still here along with a couple of others that were missed by the system... doesnt mean anything. A large chunk of the people who did are gone now. All I'm saying is that maybe these things are not a coincidence. Yes there are still some hackers out there, but majority of them are gone and the others will eventually be caught.

Second... Everyone isn't gone... Just all your buddies. There are plenty of good, honest players still around...and plenty of good fights and rooms. I also am a firm believer that there was more modding and hacking going on than people originally thought. So again... Maybe there is a reason they were sent there and people should be discussing that BEFORE blaming Swift and bogging down support.

Third... While the specifics were slightly different... The over all message still applies and is applicable here as well. Furthermore, while Rogue may not know everything... I think he knows a heck of a lot more about the situation than either of us.

Fourth... Sure, Mami may not have done anything herself. But neither you or Mami can honestly say that she never let someone else use her account. And as I've been trying to say... Maybe we should question those people before attacking swift. It's pretty obvious what will send you to the hacking servers... Hacking, modding, and giving your account to someone who may have done those things without your knowledge. There is no mystery here.

Fifth... I am talking about how the server has affected me. I think they are doing a great job and I also think that your argument here is flawed. Furthermore, you didn't get banned either, so according to your logic shouldn't you be keeping out of this too? Despite the name calling, I have just as much of a right to be here discussing this issue as you.
Last edited by goldfish on Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YoMami

Post by YoMami » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:59 pm

goldfish wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:50 am

"Hello!

-Rogue (forum moderator)

I can't believe you took my posts reply which btw is a different case. To come to a server and bash someone for hours and to come PUBLIC, with petty accusations is a whole new low, even for me. Id suggest you go back to where you were plotting these creative thoughts in the shadows before this whole thing happened. Thank you