★ Why Do You Play The Wolf?

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
Unrealisation

★ Why Do You Play The Wolf?

Post by Unrealisation » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:44 pm

Here are a few questions that speak of our unique experiences and journey throughout this game. I'd love to hear from you!

1. How and when did you discover this game?

2. Do you play this game on a daily basis? What had led to this habit?

3. What makes this game fun for YOU? What do you enjoy about the game most? What do you dislike about it?

4. Those of you who've played for one year or more, what makes this game appealing to you? What motivates you to stay in this game all these times?

5. Lastly, why do you play the wolf? Is it more than just a form of entertainment for you?

- Unrealisation
Last edited by Unrealisation on Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
cнocoнolιc, ѕĸaтιng enтнυѕιaѕт, and ѕervanт тo мυlтιple caтѕ.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ
ᴅɪᴤᴄᴏʀᴅ #2795

White Fang 1
Location: California, United States. Firefighter, USMC Mos 2651

Re: Why Do You Play The Wolf?

Post by White Fang 1 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:50 pm

Well let's see.
1. Started playing in March of 2017, a little time after the game started. I joined because I am a 3D artist/animator and I was looking the work other games have done, ended up finding The Wolf having the best 3D models, surroundings, anatomy and character movement I have ever seen in a game.

2. When I started I was just looking at the character models and graphics but started playing more and started playing on a daily basis. In November my phone was stolen and I have not downloaded it on it until Mar of this year, found many new updates, maps and skins. Back on a daily basis.

3. I enjoy interacting with other players and hunting animals instead of no one or an AI.

4. For me it would be upgrading and gaining experience. Also making new friends in the process, something that wasn't there last year.

5. Gives me a chance to be someone else and not stuck up in a room or office for hours.
Started playing in Sep 8, 2017 IGN: White Fang
KIK: White_Fang_1
Answer Most questions.

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:22 am

White Fang 1 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:50 pm
I joined because I am a 3D artist/animator and I was looking the work other games have done, ended up finding The Wolf having the best 3D models, surroundings, anatomy and character movement I have ever seen in a game.
Hey, that's really cool, being a 3D artist/animator! A couple of months ago in my pre-engineering class, we built 3D models for World's Smile Day and animated them. I made mine doing cool backflips and all that stuff. That project was super fun and I learned to appreciate games like The Wolf. It must have taken a lot of time, effort, and imagination to create the graphics side of it!

Unlike you, I prefer programming--bringing art/animation to life with codes! I'm currently learning Java in school. Hopefully one day it will blossom into something bigger :D
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ
ᴅɪᴤᴄᴏʀᴅ #2795

White Fang 1

Post by White Fang 1 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:10 am

Unrealisation wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:22 am
White Fang 1 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:50 pm
I joined because I am a 3D artist/animator and I was looking the work other games have done, ended up finding The Wolf having the best 3D models, surroundings, anatomy and character movement I have ever seen in a game.
Hey, that's really cool, being a 3D artist/animator! A couple of months ago in my pre-engineering class, we built 3D models for World's Smile Day and animated them. I made mine doing cool backflips and all that stuff. That project was super fun and I learned to appreciate games like The Wolf. It must have taken a lot of time, effort, and imagination to create the graphics side of it!

Unlike you, I prefer programming--bringing art/animation to life with codes! I'm currently learning Java in school. Hopefully one day it will blossom into something bigger :D
I actually code too for Maya I use MEL, ASCII, and Python. But I actually know how to code in C++ ,Html, Css, Java, VBS, and Binary. For 3D I use many programs like Autodesk Maya and Inventor, Blender, 3Ds Max, FBX, Unity game engine, and CryEngine.
Answer Most questions.

rain

Post by rain » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:49 am

Thought this was something I could contribute to so why not? Be prepared for a speech. I wrote a lot since this game is one of my passions. I spent more time on this than my English presentation lel

1. How and when did you discover this game?
I think I downloaded this game around April-June 2017. I'm not too sure. I just know that I joined when there was only the Green Hills map, no friends feature, 40 being the max level, symbols were allowed in usernames, etc. It's quite nostalgic when I note all the things that have changed. Anyways, I always saw it in the app store before but never really took an interest since I was more into FPS games. Then I got bored of my other games so I tried it out and I don't regret it at all.

During my early days of playing the game I can shamelessly confirm that I was addicted to the game. It was a laid back game but had a good amount of frustration and energy to make it interesting. It's hard to explain. Now days I don't play as much due to school being busier and most of my friends being dead. When I do play though, I play daily for a few weeks before stopping for another few weeks then returning. It is a cycle I have gotten used to.

I also had a bunch of friends I met up with occasionally so that added to my habit of playing(peer pressure heh).

3. What makes this game fun for YOU? What do you enjoy about the game most? What do you dislike about it?
I enjoy how easy it was to learn how the game works. It was actually interesting to progress and see what worked best(attributes and skills).

I understand there has to be special currency but gems kinda make the game pay to win. There are champions now and a lot more points to get in COOP now so that's good!

4. Those of you who've played for one year or more, what makes this game appealing to you? What motivates you to stay in this game all these times?
The first thing is friends. I always check in to see if I can find any of them(I've found none rip). I also feel like I want to stay because I've been in for so long I feel bad to just leave. Seeing the updates is also fun. With this type of game I can leave whenever I like so it puts off a lot of stress. I also find that it is one of the games I can multitask with(doing some sort of work and playing at the same time). My progress is also something I don't want to ditch despite me being a 7k for too long lol
If you want a more heartfelt answer then my reason would be because I have an emotional strings attached to the game. It's committed to my long-term memory. Some of you would know what I mean.

5. Lastly, why do you play the wolf? Is it more than just a form of entertainment for you?
I feel like I answered this question in the previous ones accidentally oops.
I do find it a source of entertainment but also somewhere where I can escape the awkward things I did and said during the day. It's kinda my escape from the fast-paced world(the game is still part of the world ik shh) since I always lose track of time when I play.

That's all. I cringed when I read over this and you probably did too. Oh well.
cyne; rain; cyii
Art insta: @cyne__
Wolf insta: @cynelime

White Fang 1

Post by White Fang 1 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:40 pm

rain wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:49 am
I wrote a lot since this game is one of my passions. I spent more time on this than my English presentation lel
Same. :lol:
And it's good to see people talk a lot, it means they are comfortable with other members of the forum. :D
More people should do the same.
Answer Most questions.

rain

Post by rain » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:36 am

White Fang 1 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:40 pm

And it's good to see people talk a lot, it means they are comfortable with other members of the forum. :D
Yea I agree. It's good to see open-minded members in this community.
cyne; rain; cyii
Art insta: @cyne__
Wolf insta: @cynelime

Youtube

Post by Youtube » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:47 am

1. How and when did you discover The Wolf?
One day I was bored and decided to look up, Wolf games in the App Store cause I absolutely adore wolves lol An I came across The Wolf sometime in 2017. So I’ve watched this game change a lot! Haha.

I do, when I’m not busy with school or work :)
An I’d say I grew fond of meeting new people who also love wolves and enjoy the game, and just love having fun :)

What makes this game fun for me is the people and how many different kinds of people there are. I enjoy the atmosphere, but I dislike some of people’s attitudes when they get killed. Lol

This game is just fun.
Gives you a break from the real world.
An what motivates me is the people.

I play the wolf because I find it fun, and a way I can meet new people and just relax and not think about the stressful things that are happening outside of the game.

-YouTube ;)

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:16 am

White Fang 1 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:40 pm
rain wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:49 am
I wrote a lot since this game is one of my passions. I spent more time on this than my English presentation lel
Lol yes, I would too, since this is one of my all time favorite games! ;)
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ
ᴅɪᴤᴄᴏʀᴅ #2795

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:49 am

Around September of 2017, I saw my younger sister playing this game. At the time, I wasn't interested at all. In fact, I thought the game was ridiculous! It wasn't until she begged me to play with her that I created my own account. My favorite memory was when my sister and I were battling against an American Bison. I freaked out because it kept chasing me, and I didn't know what to do! With time and my sis's guidance, I had fallen in love with this game, and have been playing a couple of times a week.

Back in the old days, stronger players would constantly help lower levels, hunting along their side or give them the healing glitch. This really warms my heart. Of course, people still help lower levels today, but I don't know...the game feels more homie back then I guess. To be honest, I deleted the app a couple of times but always ended up downloading it again weeks later...you can say I was curious...curious if the developers had updated the app... to see if there were anything new...anything different. I have to give the devs some credit; they sure did surprise me with every new update!

What motivated me to play all these times is having a sense of achievement everytime I level up, upgrade a skill, or kill an animal. I also like to immerse myself in the game world, to experience myself as a wolf, for it is my favorite animal. Likewise, cooperation and competition are always two key factors that motivate me to play: working together as a team to defeat opponents or preys.

Ultimately, as long as the developers continue to bring new features and elements into the game, I will continue to play :D

And that concludes my essay, folks. Thanks for taking your time reading ;)
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ
ᴅɪᴤᴄᴏʀᴅ #2795