★ Why Do You Play The Wolf?

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
Maple

Re: Why Do You Play The Wolf?

Post by Maple » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:07 pm

Here's my story.

1. How and when did you discover this game?

I was probably looking for mobile wolf simulators when I stumbled upon the early version of The Wolf. I downloaded it and absolutely fell in love with the smooth gameplay. I was actually enjoying the fact that there was no chat at all, but they changed that on early February. Oh, and I don't remember the exact date of when I first laid eyes on The Wolf, I just know that it was before the chat update and it wasn't a week after my first time playing that chat was here, so it means I first started somewhere in late January, 2017.

2. Do you play this game on a daily basis? What had led to this habit?

Hell, I used to, for the entire duration of 2017. It had become a huge obsession for me, to get on every single day, upgrade a couple stats a day, and check on the great people I had met. Now, I don't play unless I want to be nostalgic because no trace of the aforementioned people or the old feel of the game remains.

3. What makes this game fun for YOU? What do you enjoy about the game most? What do you dislike about it?

I still like the visual representation of the HUD elements, the leathery texture of the menus, and the skills' icons, etc. but can't say that this game is fun anymore. I took a significant break sometime after I reached level 50 after its update, so I fell behind the race of strength in pvp. Now all I can do is get killed in pvp and run around in co-op, which never was my favourite. I greatly dislike the imbalance of pvp for level 50 servers but am still active for the sake of old times.

I also dislike what goes on the chats nowadays.

4. Those of you who've played for one year or more, what makes this game appealing to you? What motivates you to stay in this game all this time?

What kept me going over the two years is probably the fact that I have been part of this community for so long and once played like nothing else. Otherwise, there is nothing that further connects me to the game. I know that none of the old folk plays anymore.

5. Lastly, why do you play the wolf? Is it more than just a form of entertainment for you?

I definitely do not find any entertainment in The Wolf anymore. It is endless grinding with repetitive gameplay but damn, I value my history with that game. I still play because it is a reminder of what this community used to be and the people who once made it up. There is no-one keeping me active, nor have I typed a single letter on the game's keyboard for months, but I am still here. I suppose it is normal for people like me to have disinterest building up.

//Wow, thank you for reading this whole garbage over...!
Last edited by Maple on Wed May 08, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maple | Shard | Nocturnal

I write foolishly long posts.

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:36 pm

Maple wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:07 pm

Hell, I used to, for the entire duration of 2017. It had become a huge obsession for me, to get on every single day, upgrade a couple stats a day, and check on the great people I had met. Now, I don't play unless I want to be nostalgic because no trace of the aforementioned people or the old feel of the game remains.
I definitely remember those moments. From late 2017 to mid-2018, the only thing on my mind was this game. Like you've said, it also had become an obsession for me as well, but that obsession had faded as time passes by and the community expands. I used to play for 1-2 hours a day every day, sometimes even more. In 2017, there wasn't a friend system but believe or not--that's actually made me excited to play every time. I'd go on a server and try to find a person I met the other day. I'd feel super happy if I stumbled upon their server or they've stumbled upon mine. Hunting in COOP was actually fun at the point in time. I didn't feel like I have to grind in COOP just to "get stronger" or "level up." In fact, I hunted in COOP because I liked hunting in a pack and alongside my newfound friends.

Now it's 2019, two years passed since I started playing the game. I don't play as much as I used to before, but I've found a purpose for myself to keep playing. And that's to update the gems earned from hunting champ animals masterlist and skills costs masterlist! I know that one day I will stop playing this game altogether somehow, but knowing that I've done something useful for this game, for this community, just like how much this game and community have given me, will be the greatest joy I find during my time in this game.
cнocoнolιc, ѕĸaтιng enтнυѕιaѕт, and ѕervanт тo мυlтιple caтѕ.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ
ᴅɪᴤᴄᴏʀᴅ #2795

White Fang 1
Location: California, United States. Firefighter, USMC Mos 2651

Post by White Fang 1 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:36 pm

Unrealisation wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:36 pm
Maple wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:07 pm

I definitely remember those moments. From late 2017 to mid-2018, the only thing on my mind was this game. Like you've said, it also had become an obsession for me as well, but that obsession had faded as time passes by and the community expands. I used to play for 1-2 hours a day every day, sometimes even more. In 2017, there wasn't a friend system but believe or not--that's actually made me excited to play every time. I'd go on a server and try to find a person I met the other day. I'd feel super happy if I stumbled upon their server or they've stumbled upon mine. Hunting in COOP was actually fun at the point in time. I didn't feel like I have to grind in COOP just to "get stronger" or "level up." In fact, I hunted in COOP because I liked hunting in a pack and alongside my newfound friends.

Now it's 2019, two years passed since I started playing the game. I don't play as much as I used to before, but I've found a purpose for myself to keep playing. And that's to update the gems earned from hunting champ animals masterlist and skills costs masterlist! I know that one day I will stop playing this game altogether somehow, but knowing that I've done something useful for this game, for this community, just like how much this game and community have given me, will be the greatest joy I find during my time in this game.
I played with alot of my friends so I would always tell the what time to be on, then we would try to find a server where we would tey to find each other.
Started playing in Sep 8, 2017 IGN: White Fang
KIK: White_Fang_1
Answer Most questions.

Panda0375

Re: ★ Why Do You Play The Wolf?

Post by Panda0375 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:51 pm

I don’t remember when I discovered this game but it had to be maybe a year or 2 ago i started playing so I could play with my significant other at the time we were looking for a wolf game we could play together but I stopped after awhile
I don’t play on a daily basis but I do play every now and then when I’m bored
3. What makes this game fun for YOU? What do you enjoy about the game most? What do you dislike about it?
For me I really like the PVP mode I like the fight and winning that’s what makes it fun and then on the coop mode I love just being together with the other wolves taking down pret
4. Those of you who've played for one year or more, what makes this game appealing to you? What motivates you to stay in this game all these times?
I’ve known about it for a year or 2 but I haven’t played I just recently got it back
5. Lastly, why do you play the wolf? Is it more than just a form of entertainment for you?
I play the wolf for entertainment sometimes but I really like to play it to find people who are on kik so we can join rp pack there together and since I’m alpha in a pack I try to get some friends I make on the game to join if they want
*my Id is:2037133
*my Role play or Rp pack on kik is @wolfrppack18

Black Dawn

Re: ★ Why Do You Play The Wolf?

Post by Black Dawn » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:07 pm

Unrealisation wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:44 pm
Here are a few questions that speak of our unique experiences and journey throughout this game. I'd love to hear from you!

4. Those of you who've played for one year or more, what makes this game appealing to you? What motivates you to stay in this game all these times?

- Unrealisation

Hmm...

1. I was a digital artist looking for good quality games to take screenshots. (4/1/2016)
2. Yes, I made friends
3. Dislike: Short typing. TOO many words are considered "cuss words" Like: Friends, Awesome PvP
4. DA GRAPHICS!!!! I LOVE them. Friends are awesome too
5. I have a passion for Art, wolves, digital art, taking screenshots, and learning about the other interesting games.
~WHEN ALL FAILS, BE A POTATO~