Reason behind 'mates' in this game? Age limit?

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
Castiel

Reason behind 'mates' in this game? Age limit?

Post by Castiel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:05 pm

I'm a little confused as to why some people ask others to be mates in this game. I'm guessing it's for roleplay purposes and if you do that with close friends then I can understand it, but am I the only one who finds asking complete strangers online to be their mate kinda disturbing? :?

Occasionally I've been asked questions like 'r u single?' 'would you be my mate?' etc in-game and honestly It's just so awkward that I end up ignoring/removing them. I've noticed that most of these messages are sent by younger teens or even children and I don't think this should be allowed. I think one solution to this would be to add an age limit to chat or even make age limits for servers (like separate servers for adults and kids) of course there is always the problem of sick adults posing as children and this issue can never be solved, but I think this would at least decrease the chances of adults and younger people pairing up as 'mates'

If anyone wants to share their thoughts on the topic feel free. I'd be interested in what others think of this whole mate concept. In my opinion, the option to be mates wasn't added in this game for a reason and I think it should stay that way.
π’ž 𝒢 π“ˆ 𝓉 𝒾 𝑒 𝓁 | π’œπ‘”π‘’ 𝟀𝟒 | πΉπ“‡π‘œπ“ˆπ“‰ π’²π‘œπ“π’» | π’œπ“‡π“‰π’Ύπ“ˆπ“‰ | 𝐿𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓁 𝟧𝟒 | 𝟣4𝓀 | 𝟀50 𝒢𝓉𝓉𝓀 | πΌπ’Ÿ: 𝟣𝟩𝟣πŸ₯𝟫πŸͺ𝟨𝟀 |

........Ιͺ'ᴍ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴏɴᴇ ᴑʜᴏ Ι’Κ€Ιͺα΄˜α΄˜α΄‡α΄… ʏᴏᴜ α΄›ΙͺΙ’Κœα΄› α΄€Ι΄α΄… Κ€α΄€Ιͺκœ±α΄‡α΄… ʏᴏᴜ κœ°Κ€α΄α΄ α΄˜α΄‡Κ€α΄…Ιͺα΄›Ιͺᴏɴ

............................ Image

FrozenFlashDrive

Re: Reason behind 'mates' in this game? Age limit?

Post by FrozenFlashDrive » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:49 am

I think that sites and games like these do tend to be brooding grounds for younger folk hopelessly seeking love and attention, and while for the most part I believe it's all innocent fun, the sensitive nature of things such as love can often be targeted by more malicious folk and used to manipulate children into giving more information of themselves than they really should. On the subject of age restrictions or split chats, as great as they sound in theory, unfortunately they're flawed solutions, kids will find ways to access it and adults will manipulate the systems. The best thing games like wolf sim could do is increase their moderation, but that's not the easiest thing to do, especially with the limited staff I assume a company like this has.
I've got ice in my veins, but I'm smart enough to keep it from freezing my heart

rain

Post by rain » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:39 am

Castiel wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:05 pm
I'm a little confused as to why some people ask others to be mates in this game. I'm guessing it's for roleplay purposes and if you do that with close friends then I can understand it, but am I the only one who finds asking complete strangers online to be their mate kinda disturbing? :?

Occasionally I've been asked questions like 'r u single?' 'would you be my mate?' etc in-game and honestly It's just so awkward that I end up ignoring/removing them. I've noticed that most of these messages are sent by younger teens or even children and I don't think this should be allowed. I think one solution to this would be to add an age limit to chat or even make age limits for servers (like separate servers for adults and kids) of course there is always the problem of sick adults posing as children and this issue can never be solved, but I think this would at least decrease the chances of adults and younger people pairing up as 'mates'

If anyone wants to share their thoughts on the topic feel free. I'd be interested in what others think of this whole mate concept. In my opinion, the option to be mates wasn't added in this game for a reason and I think it should stay that way.
At first, I thought it was simply a roleplay aspect but I've seen some pretty serious mates in the game. A lot of the time, I get friend requests and if I accept them, the first thing they ask is my gender, age and then if I want to be their mate, no matter the age. It really bothers me, as the person is a complete stranger and likely way older than me. They usually don't say their age or say it but say they don't care about age. I am pretty young compared to most people in the game and it honestly disturbs me so much when I see younger players with older players as mates. I'm still unsure about whether mates are serious or not. I just don't see online relationships working and yet in this game almost everyone I meet is in a relationship.I don't really think what I said was related much.

I think mates exist in this game because the theme is wolves, who are known to have mates. This game is centered more to the fighting but the player models are wolves. There are a lot of movies and books now days that have wolves within them and wolves that have mates so I think that influenced everyone to believe everything related to a wolf has to have a mate. I also see people with packs in the game and their alphas are mates because they are both alphas? This is a topic that I don't know about but have an idea about.

I'm okay with people having mates, but as long as they are mature about it when chatting in the public chats. There are very young players in the game who could be negatively impacted by the players who are inappropriate. I don't think mates are the issue. I think it's the maturity not shown by some of the older players who are simply there to be disturbing and inappropriate.

The age limit would not work as majority would lie about their age. At this point, the only think you could do is mute the person. Perhaps it would reduce the 'mating' if an age limit was implemented.

I'm rambling on and on and repeating myself. I should stop typing.
cyne; rain; cyii
Art insta: @cyne__
Wolf insta: @cynelime

Castiel

Post by Castiel » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:26 pm

Yeah I get that a lot as well and if I refuse (that's if I haven't blocked/removed them already) they usually remove me after. I'm 20 so it wouldn't affect me much (apart from the fact that it's annoying and awkward) but I'm honestly worried for some of the really young players on here who can be naive and share all sorts of information. Players lying about their age in unavoidable as you say, but I still think implementing some sort of age limit for things (whether it's chats, servers or whatever) may help a little.

Haha it's fine. I appreciate the response. :D
π’ž 𝒢 π“ˆ 𝓉 𝒾 𝑒 𝓁 | π’œπ‘”π‘’ 𝟀𝟒 | πΉπ“‡π‘œπ“ˆπ“‰ π’²π‘œπ“π’» | π’œπ“‡π“‰π’Ύπ“ˆπ“‰ | 𝐿𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓁 𝟧𝟒 | 𝟣4𝓀 | 𝟀50 𝒢𝓉𝓉𝓀 | πΌπ’Ÿ: 𝟣𝟩𝟣πŸ₯𝟫πŸͺ𝟨𝟀 |

........Ιͺ'ᴍ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴏɴᴇ ᴑʜᴏ Ι’Κ€Ιͺα΄˜α΄˜α΄‡α΄… ʏᴏᴜ α΄›ΙͺΙ’Κœα΄› α΄€Ι΄α΄… Κ€α΄€Ιͺκœ±α΄‡α΄… ʏᴏᴜ κœ°Κ€α΄α΄ α΄˜α΄‡Κ€α΄…Ιͺα΄›Ιͺᴏɴ

............................ Image

rain

Post by rain » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:57 am

Castiel wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:26 pm
Yeah I get that a lot as well and if I refuse (that's if I haven't blocked/removed them already) they usually remove me after. I'm 20 so it wouldn't affect me much (apart from the fact that it's annoying and awkward) but I'm honestly worried for some of the really young players on here who can be naive and share all sorts of information. Players lying about their age in unavoidable as you say, but I still think implementing some sort of age limit for things (whether it's chats, servers or whatever) may help a little.

Haha it's fine. I appreciate the response. :D
I've had a few friends who are younger than 13 who have mates who are older than them. Even those around 13 have mates who are 20+. I've met younger players who lied about their age to get a mate. Honestly I'm worried too. Even though it's very well known that care should be taken when meeting people online, a lot of the time those warnings are brushed off because the other person seems nice. Hopefully an age limit is added or something along those lines.

And no problem lol
cyne; rain; cyii
Art insta: @cyne__
Wolf insta: @cynelime