Friend Requests

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
BOREALIS

Friend Requests

Post by BOREALIS » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:16 am

Hi, I am writing this in regard to random friend requests. I accept them occasionally, but sometimes it can be a mistake. Here are some types of friends I do not enjoy having.
  • Freeloaders. These players are usually on a lower level than you are. That's fine, but once they add you, they don't even talk to you, and then they follow you around to reap the benefits from your kills. I don't believe in the concept of "owning" animals for kills, and I also understand that some players like having the aid of a stronger player to help kill animals, but it can get pretty annoying, and I prefer having friends that actually talk to me. Also, I'm not hating on weaker people. I know a lot of really kind ones who genuinely want to be friends.
  • Mates. I've had a couple of people ask me to be their mates. I don't have anything against mates, but I've never had one and am not looking for one, and there's nothing wrong with that either.
  • Personal info and harrassment. This has happened several times to me. I've had many players of the opposite gender ask for my age and even where I live.
Of course, there's always an option to say no to friend requests, but it's a bit awkward for others to not get a response from the request because they'll eventually figure out that you've declined it, especially if you're in the same room. Plus, lower level players sometimes accuse us Level 50s of thinking we're better than them, and I try not to go by that stereotype.

I love making new friends, but sometimes freinds like these can get irritating. I used to have my player ID displayed in my signature until I got tons of random friend requests. I accepted all of them, but my list became full, so I ended up deleting all of them because I've never seen them in a server or talked to them.

Despite all that I've said, feel free to PM me for my ID or add me if you see me in the game. I'll accept if I recognize you. I'm not an openly chattty person, but I do greet friends when they join the same server as me, and I'm always up for a friendly conversation. I don't bite, considering you're nice. I am also happy to help weaker friends level up or fight in wars. I don't delete friends unless they are one of the people listed above or my list is full and I need to add a certain person.

How do you all respond to random friend requests? Have you ever had struggles with players like these? Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how to deal with these types of friends?
𝓑𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓼
Lᴇᴠᴇʟ 50 Wʜɪᴛᴇ Wᴏʟғ

Unrealisation

Re: Friend Requests

Post by Unrealisation » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:45 am

For me, I don't usually accept a friend request from a player below level 50. The reason is they barely play with me and I barely play with them since I can't join their lower level rooms very often (especially PvP room), and the only thing we say to each other is "hi" or "how are you" or "cya". I don't mind helping them level up or anything, but if I have to do it every time then I just don't enjoy it as much. If we are in COOP, I will still help them until they leave or I leave even though I didn't accept their friend request.

Sometimes a player joins a room and sends me a friend request right away, and I'm just like, you don't even know me bruh. I would then just decline the request or do nothing.

I only accept or send a friend request if I feel this--as I call it--mutual "bond" with them. This means that we've connected together when playing in COOP or PvP somehow, and I feel like we will be good friends in the long term.
cнocoнolιc, ѕĸaтιng enтнυѕιaѕт, and ѕervanт тo мυlтιple caтѕ.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ
ᴅɪᴤᴄᴏʀᴅ #2795

rain

Post by rain » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:36 am

I usually only accept friend requests from people who have spoken in the server to me directly and are legitimately good people with friendly intentions. I suppose that's why I don't really encounter the types of people you have mentioned.
I usually wait until after I leave a server to decline any requests that I received. It's to give them a chance to speak in case they actually do want to be friends. Because even if I can just say no right away, I would be guilty.
cyne; rain; cyii
Art insta: @cyne__
Wolf insta: @cynelime

Furry Sausage

Post by Furry Sausage » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:59 am

I usually accept all requests, but only because it helps other players return to the same room after taking a break if they want to. Messaging is mostly rather distracting and pointless, especially when people are trying to do the mate thing. I would not ignore them completely, but I would not put any significant effort into it either, and just play the game instead for relaxation and fun.

BOREALIS

Post by BOREALIS » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:29 pm

Thanks for the ideas guys!
𝓑𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓼
Lᴇᴠᴇʟ 50 Wʜɪᴛᴇ Wᴏʟғ

Mouselline

Post by Mouselline » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:45 pm

I always accept a friend request. If they don’t talk to me at all, that’s fine but if I’m RP and I need to friend request someone I’m likely to delete them from my friend list.