Update review.

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
Post Reply
User avatar
rain
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:54 am
Location: Somewhere

Update review.

Post by rain » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm

How do I begin. This update has disappointed me and I hate to say it. I was excited for this. Now I just have a headache.

Firstly, I saw the update when my friend posted a ss. I so desperately went to update the game. So when I opened it I was literally dancing with joy. I saw the new skins and was pretty happy. My friends who updated before me all had negative things to say about the map. I was kinda deflated when I heard those things. So when I saw what they meant, I felt the same things.

Here is the general description:
Fake, rushed, flat

I do love the idea and I really like the sound of the water added but it doesn't look right, as if I'm playing on low quality. The beach like area is nice and I'm liking the theme.

I'm trying right now to be fair about my judgement but it's hard rip

The animals are fine and the map layouts are fine. Honestly everything I listed didn't really bother me. What really bothers me is the def and the skills.

At this point, I had saved 48M points to get 300dmg but that went away. My frost bite had just reached 13k crit but that also left. My crit bite with db just got to 2k and that also went. I was saving for max db and was so close.

I know everyone got weaker but hp stays and numbers are pretty much what this game is.

Maybe it's the timing of everything for me personally makes me feel really negative towards this update.

Im open to the new skills max but eh. It frustrates me.

I just feel that it wasn't really necessary(everything that wasnt announced) even with new animals that are stronger.

Overall some parts I liked. Others not so much. Apologies if this sounds rude. I'm trying not to be.

I do understand that they tried to balance out the skills. However, most people will choose not to go down a different skills path. People who have beeen on this game for years have lost all that time and some have lost money.

Personally, I have been here for I believe, all the updates and everytime there was a balance between good and bad. This update however, honestly drives me away from this game.

Unfortunately it may take a lot of time to get used to and to be alright with. I already miss the old days and its only been an hour.

So to sum it up:
- graphics need improvement
- negative reactions to skills and def
- generally happy with skins and animals
- happy with map theme and layouts
cyne; rain

Avatar art belongs to me.

User avatar
Unrealisation
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:49 am
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far away...

Re: Update review.

Post by Unrealisation » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:30 pm

A few things I would like to add/point out:
  • The skill and attributes balance changes might be a good balance strategy for the developers, but it's definitely a big setback for all of us players out there. Personally, increasing the max defense to 65 is easy for me to do as a level 50. On the flip side, imagine players below level 50--they've worked hard to max their speed and defense only to realize there are 5 more defense points to up lol...this isn't a big deal tho.

    To me, it's a big deal when I max a skill, especially damage boost. When I found at the max level is now 13, it's just natural to feel discouraged and really annoyed. Even though the max level increased by only one, it's still expensive and takes a lot of time and/or money on our part to max it again. I guess that's the whole point of the game though, right? To build your wolf?

    I feel weaker in coop with the new update too so....
  • The new map seems cool; it's big and open. I haven't fully explored the map due to being kick out like every minute tho, so I'll get back on that >.<
  • I like how some of the skins match with the skills (poison skin w/ poison skills, fire skin w/ fire skills, frost skin w/ frost skills). I don't have these expensive skins but I do admire them (:
  • Lastly, I would like to acknowledge how the devs actually read our suggestions and reviews, clearly shown in the notes they wrote at the bottom of the 1.7.4 update post. In case you didn't know, the poison skin was suggested in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5185. The skill adjustments (+/- cool down time and damage) was suggested in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5214

When I have new thoughts I'll edit this post.
cнocoнolιc, ѕĸaтιng enтнυѕιaѕт, and ѕervanт тo мυlтιple caтѕ.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ
ᴅɪᴤᴄᴏʀᴅ #2795

User avatar
rain
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:54 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: Update review.

Post by rain » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:28 pm

I think another reason people are upset is because of the shock factor to it. We all knew about the new map and animals but had no idea anything else was coming.

And yes it's good to see them investing time to consider the players of the game
cyne; rain

Avatar art belongs to me.

User avatar
Maple
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:15 am
Location: Calradia

Re: Update review.

Post by Maple » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:18 am

rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
Here is the general description:
Fake, rushed, flat
Hmm. My description would be unique, colourful, and yes, flat.
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
I do love the idea and I really like the sound of the water added but it doesn't look right, as if I'm playing on low quality. The beach like area is nice and I'm liking the theme.
Low quality? Have you actually tried the map with low quality? A map doesn't need to be a supercluster of rocks, trees, and invisible barriers to feel immersive/enjoyable and visually pleasing. This also applies for the initial quote about the flatness.
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
At this point, I had saved 48M points to get 300dmg but that went away.
There isn't a mention of regular statistics being altered in the update post, and since I don't even have 200 attack yet, I wouldn't know if it was for maximum attributes. Where did your coins go? Don't tell me you spent 48M on five points of defence :)
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
My frost bite had just reached 13k crit but that also left.
Frostbite wasn't in the list of tweaked skills? Did they mess with its critical chance secretly or did they nerf attack damage? I haven't examined the update in-depth yet, and I wouldn't really know if it made a difference anyways, because my stats are pathetic.
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
My crit bite with db just got to 2k and that also went. I was saving for max db and was so close.
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
I know everyone got weaker but hp stays and numbers are pretty much what this game is.
Not everyone. Only those who blindly invested in the overpowered skill sets that were obviously going to be nerfed. Speed Boost, for example, wasn't touched. That's because nobody used it at all :p. Neither did Frost Nova. The OP were nerfed and the balanced stayed balanced. It was the players' choice from the beginning to either choose to exploit the significantly triumphant skills or to build up a wolf with underrated skills and trust in future balance adjustments.
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
Im open to the new skills max but eh. It frustrates me.
Unrealisation wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:30 pm
To me, it's a big deal when I max a skill, especially damage boost. When I found at the max level is now 13, it's just natural to feel discouraged and really annoyed. Even though the max level increased by only one, it's still expensive and takes a lot of time and/or money on our part to max it again.
Yes, even the blind could see that it is to gain more money. I'm not complaining though, game development is an industry after all. No developer is working for free. I personally pay money only for games that have really impressed me with their gameplay, storyline, or soundtrack; to support the people behind their accomplishments. For The Wolf's case, it was gameplay.
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:28 pm
I think another reason people are upset is because of the shock factor to it. We all knew about the new map and animals but had no idea anything else was coming.
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
I just feel that it wasn't really necessary(everything that wasnt announced) even with new animals that are stronger.
Whatever "wasn't announced" was actually announced; I remember them claiming in a post that they would bring skill tweaks in every update to further balance out the experience of fights or hunts. I could not find the post to attach it here as a reference though.
Swift Apps wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:29 pm
New content and improvements are in the works. Stay tuned!
Still, it is even said in the post that revealed the map, so this should make up for it. Improvements definitely refers to skill adjustments for improved gameplay. There is absolutely no element of surprise, especially when the post was right in the faces of the faithful forum-ers.

Hell, I'd even go further and say they announced the map because some users had started thinking the game was abandoned for the sake of other titles, and talked about it here on the forums.
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
I do understand that they tried to balance out the skills. However, most people will choose not to go down a different skills path. People who have been on this game for years have lost all that time and some have lost money.
This isn't the first nerf smackdown on popular skills and won't be the last. Nobody has lost anything. Where were you when they nerfed venom and poison nova with the lvl 50 update? Nobody rioted in any social media channel about losing money. Noted down above, it was all about the two choices the common player had.
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
Unfortunately it may take a lot of time to get used to and to be alright with. I already miss the old days and its only been an hour.
"Old days" before this update, or "old days" when the game was first released? I certainly do miss the latter x)
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
- graphics need improvement
Give low-end devices a break please. The game already requires an immense internet connection to even load the main menu, and that's already quite demanding of dusty old devices as it is. Plus, what can be improved with the graphics except for patching a few texture errors and smoothing out pixels?
Unrealisation wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:30 pm
The skill and attributes balance changes might be a good balance strategy for the developers, but it's definitely a big setback for all of us players out there. Personally, increasing the max defense to 65 is easy for me to do as a level 50. On the flip side, imagine players below level 50--they've worked hard to max their speed and defense only to realize there are 5 more defense points to up lol...this isn't a big deal tho.
Just as you put beautifully later down your post, the point of this game is to build up and strengthen your wolf. For me, more possible defence is something to cherish because it means possibly less chance for me to get 1-shotted.
Unrealisation wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:30 pm
I feel weaker in coop with the new update too so....
I honestly love it that lone wolves are not at the top of the food chain anymore. The hunting mode's name actually calls for serious collaboration between the wolves in a server to take down stronger prey; Co-Operative Hunting. However, it isn't really Co-Op hunting when a single wolf can take down the strongest animals the maps have to offer, is it?

This might even bring back the time when the top players who were considered invincible in both modes were getting constantly slayed by crocodiles that were newly introduced back then. It was truly fascinating seeing 9k players actually hunt as a pack because the animals were, for the first time in The Wolf history, stronger than the top players.
Unrealisation wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:30 pm
Lastly, I would like to acknowledge how the devs actually read our suggestions and reviews, clearly shown in the notes they wrote at the bottom of the 1.7.4 update post. In case you didn't know, the poison skin was suggested in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5185. The skill adjustments (+/- cool down time and damage) was suggested in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5214
Exactly. The map's prehistoric Ice-Age theme was also suggested in this thread; viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5255&p=8752#p8752

Edit: My apologies; the link above is directing me to my own post there for some reason, I don't know if this is the case for other users that click it, but it is not me trying to claim ownership of the idea. It was actually suggested by Castiel. I simply couldn't find a way to fix the link to just reference the thread.
Maple | Shard | Nocturnal

I write foolishly long posts.

User avatar
Castiel
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:16 pm
Location: H E L L

Re: Update review.

Post by Castiel » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:13 pm

Maple wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:18 am
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
Here is the general description:
Fake, rushed, flat

Hmm. My description would be unique, colourful, and yes, flat.
If I have to be completely honest, this update does feel extremely rushed. I've definitely noticed a downgrade in quality when it comes to the new animal models. Some look poorly done, even when on ultra high settings. They look even worse on medium quality when most of the older animals look half decent. Good examples of these include the Liger, Porcupine and Sloth Bear.

Image
Image
Image

Compare all that to a brown musk ox champion screenshot I took way before the update in Legend Mountains on MEDIUM quality.

Image

The new skins were obviously rushed and it seems like they were just added to get more money out of people. The poison wolf is a carbon copy of fire wolf and the fact that they're charging 14k gems (2k more than fire wolf) for a simple hue change is ridiculous. The Timber wolf is no different as you can clearly see the outline of the Siberian Wolf pattern beneath it.
Maple wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:18 am
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
At this point, I had saved 48M points to get 300dmg but that went away.

There isn't a mention of regular statistics being altered in the update post, and since I don't even have 200 attack yet, I wouldn't know if it was for maximum attributes. Where did your coins go? Don't tell me you spent 48M on five points of defence :)
What Rain means is they saved a lot of coins to get their bite damage to be 300 in PvP, only for this update to increase defence and bring everyones bite damage down a significant amount. People who have spent serious time and money to get their attack beyond attribute 280+ with over 400 bite damage now have the bite damage within the 300's because of the defence alteration. A lot of people are angry about this change and to be honest, I don't blame them one bit. That's thousands of dollars or over a hundred hours of gameplay just wasted.
Maple wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:18 am
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
My frost bite had just reached 13k crit but that also left.


Frostbite wasn't in the list of tweaked skills? Did they mess with its critical chance secretly or did they nerf attack damage? I haven't examined the update in-depth yet, and I wouldn't really know if it made a difference anyways, because my stats are pathetic.
The defence alteration has brought the damage down significantly, including the critical hits of all skills.
Maple wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:18 am
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
I know everyone got weaker but hp stays and numbers are pretty much what this game is.

Not everyone. Only those who blindly invested in the overpowered skill sets that were obviously going to be nerfed. Speed Boost, for example, wasn't touched. That's because nobody used it at all :p. Neither did Frost Nova. The OP were nerfed and the balanced stayed balanced. It was the players' choice from the beginning to either choose to exploit the significantly triumphant skills or to build up a wolf with underrated skills and trust in future balance adjustments.
None of the skills were nerfed, if anything they increased the damage of some. Though everyone is technically weaker because of how the new defence affects bite damage and skills.
Maple wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:18 am
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
I do understand that they tried to balance out the skills. However, most people will choose not to go down a different skills path. People who have been on this game for years have lost all that time and some have lost money.

This isn't the first nerf smackdown on popular skills and won't be the last. Nobody has lost anything. Where were you when they nerfed venom and poison nova with the lvl 50 update? Nobody rioted in any social media channel about losing money. Noted down above, it was all about the two choices the common player had.
Since the max skill level was raised, the previous max level 12 is now significantly cheaper. Keeping in mind that common skills like Freeze Breath and Thunderstorm cost a whopping 42,000 gems for the max level upgrade (hundreds of dollars) I can completely understand why people were angry that it was suddenly made cheaper now. Imagine upgrading that right before the update, just for the developers to say 'welp there's a new level so you just wasted thousands of gems on an upgrade that is cheaper now.' There's practically a riot on the Instagram update post. There was no warning on the forums or on social media that new levels/price tweaks were going to be introduced and they should have let people know beforehand.
Maple wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:18 am
rain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm
- graphics need improvement

Give low-end devices a break please. The game already requires an immense internet connection to even load the main menu, and that's already quite demanding of dusty old devices as it is. Plus, what can be improved with the graphics except for patching a few texture errors and smoothing out pixels?
Low-end devices have the option to play in low graphic settings for a reason. I can imagine the current model graphics aren't going to affect these users much at all as they were poor quality to begin with. But seeing low quality models on ultra-high settings is a disappointment. As I mentioned before, some of these animals have no where near as much detail as the older models which would lead me to believe that this update was rushed. These models are just not up to par with the previous ones.
Maple wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:18 am
Unrealisation wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:30 pm
I feel weaker in coop with the new update too so....

I honestly love it that lone wolves are not at the top of the food chain anymore. The hunting mode's name actually calls for serious collaboration between the wolves in a server to take down stronger prey; Co-Operative Hunting. However, it isn't really Co-Op hunting when a single wolf can take down the strongest animals the maps have to offer, is it?

This might even bring back the time when the top players who were considered invincible in both modes were getting constantly slayed by crocodiles that were newly introduced back then. It was truly fascinating seeing 9k players actually hunt as a pack because the animals were, for the first time in The Wolf history, stronger than the top players.
If The Wolf wasn't so stingy when it comes to coins and gem distribution then I can imagine more people would happily hunt together as a pack. If you want to make progress in the later stages of the game, where it costs millions/thousands of coins/gems to even upgrade once, then you pretty much have no choice but to hunt solo. I was testing coin distribution on mammoths yesterday with 2 other friends and despite me being the strongest wolf of the 3, I gained a measly 2,000 coins from a mammoth. Next I hunted a mammoth solo and gained 10,000 coins from the kill. Even if it takes me 1 death to hunt mammoths alone, I'd still choose to hunt solo due to the poor distribution of coins.
Maple wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:18 am
Unrealisation wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:30 pm
Lastly, I would like to acknowledge how the devs actually read our suggestions and reviews, clearly shown in the notes they wrote at the bottom of the 1.7.4 update post. In case you didn't know, the poison skin was suggested in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5185. The skill adjustments (+/- cool down time and damage) was suggested in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5214
Exactly. The map's prehistoric Ice-Age theme was also suggested in this thread; viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5255&p=8752#p8752

Edit: My apologies; the link above is directing me to my own post there for some reason, I don't know if this is the case for other users that click it, but it is not me trying to claim ownership of the idea. It was actually suggested by Castiel. I simply couldn't find a way to fix the link to just reference the thread.
While I'm thankful that the ice age map was added, I wish they put much more effort into the poison wolf. They could have at least given it a different scar pattern and made it more unique. A lot of popular suggestions over the years (night map, singleplayer mode, missions etc) seem to have been ignored and since these devs like to completely abandon their previous games I doubt these suggestions are going to be added at this point. In The Tiger's case, the game is practically flooded with hackers and VIP was accidently removed in a previous update months ago and they never even bothered to bring it back despite many people asking for it. Heck even this game is hacker heaven and they haven't done crap. They also barely answer any emails and have probably the worst customer service I've heard of.

Other issues I have with this update include the use of many recycled animals from legend mountains in the new map as well as recolours (Black aurochs and Canadian Bison) I also noticed the Hippo model in the game is exactly the same model as The Tiger. Who knows how many more animals were pulled from other games, which leads me to believe that not a lot of effort was put into this update. There are so many extinct animals to choose from and yet the new map continues to be filled with existing game models - bulls, white tigers, brown ox, aurochs, coyote, snow leopard, roosevelt elk and so on.

All in all I believe this update is driving a handful of long-term players to quit (as seen on instagram) or at least they'll definitely think twice before wasting their money on this game. I would rather wait a year for a well-developed update than wait less and settle for a rushed one.
𝒞 𝒶 𝓈 𝓉 𝒾 𝑒 𝓁 | 𝒜𝑔𝑒 𝟤𝟢 | 𝐹𝓇𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝒲𝑜𝓁𝒻 | 𝒜𝓇𝓉𝒾𝓈𝓉 | 𝐿𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓁 𝟧𝟢 | 𝟣4𝓀 | 𝟤50 𝒶𝓉𝓉𝓀 | 𝐼𝒟: 𝟣𝟩𝟣𝟥𝟫𝟪𝟨𝟤 |

........ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ɢʀɪᴘᴘᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɪꜱᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴘᴇʀᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴ


............................ Image

User avatar
rain
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:54 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: Update review.

Post by rain » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:58 am

Low quality? Have you actually tried the map with low quality? A map doesn't need to be a supercluster of rocks, trees, and invisible barriers to feel immersive/enjoyable and visually pleasing. This also applies for the initial quote about the flatness.
We all have different views about this map, however the description I provided was a summary of the replies a got from a lot of my friends.

Yes I have played on low quality before, hence the comparison. For high quality I expect the same quality that is provided in the other maps. Additionally, after seeing their new game Evil Lands, I was hopeful that the new map would be better than the ones before. Yes the lack of objects does make it seem flat, hence the description. It makes the map look rushed and considering how hopeful I was, it disappointed me. Sure it is not necessary, but it adds more depth to the map and makes it feel more realistic.

There isn't a mention of regular statistics being altered in the update post, and since I don't even have 200 attack yet, I wouldn't know if it was for maximum attributes. Where did your coins go? Don't tell me you spent 48M on five points of defence :)
No, I stated that I saved the 48M for 300dmg, referring to attack. That was prior to the update of the five points of defence. It did take time and I am frustrated that all that has gone to nothing, I have to redo the effort I spent. Yes, this game is about making your wolf stronger. Now, everyone has gone downhill and have to grind more.
Frostbite wasn't in the list of tweaked skills? Did they mess with its critical chance secretly or did they nerf attack damage? I haven't examined the update in-depth yet, and I wouldn't really know if it made a difference anyways, because my stats are pathetic.
Frostbite was not tweaked, however with the increased def(which I believe reduced 15% dmg - at least from animals), it also influenced the damage on other players, who would have this new max def. This damage includes both skills and bite, whether they were changed or not. This change of dmg is rather prominent.

The new def and higher skill level gives higher hp players an advantage. They were difficult to fight before, now it is even more difficult, even if their attack was influenced by hp too.
Not everyone. Only those who blindly invested in the overpowered skill sets that were obviously going to be nerfed. Speed Boost, for example, wasn't touched. That's because nobody used it at all :p. Neither did Frost Nova. The OP were nerfed and the balanced stayed balanced. It was the players' choice from the beginning to either choose to exploit the significantly triumphant skills or to build up a wolf with underrated skills and trust in future balance adjustments.
Unfortunately, the reason most chose the common skills is because they are op and there is nothing wrong with that. I would not use the word "exploit" in this situation even if they are using what's there to their benefit. There are not doing it in a negative way. There was a reason not many chose the underrated skills. High hp players and strong animals are killed easier with the more obvious skills. Plus, people do have a variety of skills, even if they use one set. There is an issue with trust I've seen around while in servers.

Yes, they are doing it to get money and that's understanding. However, those who did spend money, putting their trust in the game, have essentially lost money. Reduced costs of gems and no refunds. Even if you didn't pay, that time saving those gems is wasted.
Whatever "wasn't announced" was actually announced; I remember them claiming in a post that they would bring skill tweaks in every update to further balance out the experience of fights or hunts. I could not find the post to attach it here as a reference though.
Swift Apps wrote: ↑ New content and improvements are in the works. Stay tuned!
Still, it is even said in the post that revealed the map, so this should make up for it. Improvements definitely refers to skill adjustments for improved gameplay.
Even so, it annoys me the most is the fact that the skill and def came with no exact prior warnings. We new there was a new map, therefore new animals. There was not a single mention of attribute and skill changes. Sure there was a vague description "New content and improvements are in the works"(from their instagram) but that seems to be it. There was a lack of communication. Maybe it was intentional but that has made a lot of players swerve away from this game. People want to know what is happening with the things they enjoy.

I would've rather had them take longer to create the map then to fumble to put it out there, even if there is that tinge of impatience.
This isn't the first nerf smackdown on popular skills and won't be the last. Nobody has lost anything. Where were you when they nerfed venom and poison nova with the lvl 50 update? Nobody rioted in any social media channel about losing money. Noted down above, it was all about the two choices the common player had.
I was here since 2017. I was there when that happened. However, those did not personally influence every person. The new def has influenced everyone, hence the 'outrage' shown by many players.
"Old days" before this update, or "old days" when the game was first released? I certainly do miss the latter x)
Both.
Give low-end devices a break please. The game already requires an immense internet connection to even load the main menu, and that's already quite demanding of dusty old devices as it is.
My device is not low-end so I chose to play on the high quality. With my low-end device I play with lower quality. There is a reason you can select the quality in the settings. They added that in in a previous update to give more options. The high quality should be expected to be high quality.
For me, more possible defence is something to cherish because it means possibly less chance for me to get 1-shotted.
Although the new def means you have a smaller chance of being killed with one hit, higher hp and attack players can still do so, even with no crit. And with that high hp and your lower attack dmg due to the new def it is harder to fight them.

The new def has caused a lot of people to lose interest in building up their wolves because they spent so much time doing so, only for it to go to waste - they have to do everything again which you can imagine, is rather irritating.
I honestly love it that lone wolves are not at the top of the food chain anymore. The hunting mode's name actually calls for serious collaboration between the wolves in a server to take down stronger prey; Co-Operative Hunting. However, it isn't really Co-Op hunting when a single wolf can take down the strongest animals the maps have to offer, is it?
The distribution of points and gems has not been fixed. It has been requested many times and has not been done. This is why many players chose not to share gems or coop with with each other. Sure it may be considered selfish and no co-operation, but the game is a lot of grind and in order to keep building up your wolf well, you need to have a good 'income'.

The new skill levels adds more grind. Gems take time to gather and for those who spend, more money.
It was truly fascinating seeing 9k players actually hunt as a pack because the animals were, for the first time in The Wolf history, stronger than the top players.
This update is not moving any closer to the past. They would be considered weaker in the new map, sure. However, there is still the option of other maps, namely Legend Mountains which has stayed the same basically. At least that gives the option of individual or group hunting.

Sure they read suggestions but they also seemed to push away suggestions that were popular(missions, refund of gems from skills, a commonly requested idea of a night map, etc.). I am not saying that they must have to create these suggestions, I'm saying that majority agreed with those ideas and many good, popular ideas have been ignored.

Agree or disagree, I feel like the update benefits the devs more than the players, who are their customers. There is an abundant amount of negative reactions regarding this update on social media and in-game. More players are taking different paths, generally away from this game, hence they are losing their customers. This includes people who have been around the game for a long period of time and have some sense of loyalty to this game. A good relationship of loyalty and trust between a customer and company, developer, etc. is important. Losing that isn't good.

But hey, we all have different views on this game update. Some are more skewed to liking it and some are more skewed to disliking it. No one is the same so thank you for putting your opinions out here. Gave me a little more insight and acceptance to a few things - just a tad ;v
cyne; rain

Avatar art belongs to me.

MUIEPSD
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Re: Update review.

Post by MUIEPSD » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:15 pm

---This update is not moving any closer to the past. They would be considered weaker in the new map, sure. However, there is still the option of other maps, namely Legend Mountains which has stayed the same basically. At least that gives the option of individual or group hunting.---you say? I don't see anymore wild yaks musks tigers markor in legends. Now I see that damn Hippo and sloth bear... Going on the new map? To run like crazy and after almost killed a mammoth die and respawn miles away and getting lost? It's a drag to fin a good room now spawn sucks everywhere

User avatar
rain
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:54 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: Update review.

Post by rain » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:23 pm

I have found a few good rooms but they dont contain those animals unfortunately. It does annoy many people and they should start considering going back to the past, whoever they is
cyne; rain

Avatar art belongs to me.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests