The War of Venom Skin Changes

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
rain

The War of Venom Skin Changes

Post by rain »

I can say with confidence that majority - if not almost all - of the community, is aware of the changes made to vs in the 'Upcoming Balance Changes' during The Wolf 1.10 update. From simple observation of the forums, updates and in game, the update was received negatively. Although players are settling in more and starting to accept that it wont go back, the memory of the popular skill which was officially nerfed on the 16th of June 2020(correct me if I'm wrong) still remains like a scar to many of the community. This post focuses on venom skin.

On the forum post addressing the update, the following section was presented at first:
Link to post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6748
Venomous Skin
  • Price increased by 75%
    Effect duration decreased by 6%
    DPS decreased 5%
    Duration decreased 7-18%
Well, that was a hard one for us. Many of you reported that this skill is unfair due to the fact that it could stack up the effect and requested that we prevent it. We've decided not to change its behaviour because you've been using it this way for years. We'll give it a little nerf and bump its price significantly as it was just too powerful for its place in the meta. It will still remain a very strong skill if used by a skilled player.
Many of the issues that came up with this proposed decision included:
  • Money
  • Price of Skill(Gems Income)
  • Location on Skill Tree
  • "Cruelty" to Players
These are the main problems that appeared. For a somewhat brief idea of the list, I'll skim through them. (Note: all of these were relevant BEFORE the update)
Money People who have spent money on this game, mainly concerning vs in this case have essentially invested in a skill only for it to change(more info later) and put them at a disadvantage in servers and therefore being scammed.
Price of Skill(Gems Income) The supposed raised price of vs caused some worry about the low availability of gems and the work required to earn gems gone to waste. Last minute payments of real money were made as a result in order to max out vs before the price would be increased by 75%.
Location on Skill Tree First mentioned by user Someoneyouknow vs as a cheap skill would be lower on the skill tree so increasing price and reducing attributes would mean vs would have to be moved.
"Cruelty" to Players Players having to work on saving gems for skills would have to play longer hours, money issues.

Following the feedback received on Instagram, Facebook, surveys and the forums Site Admin Rogue posted on the 'Upcoming Balance Changes' post on June 8,
"We will not nerf Venomous Skin but we'll still increase its price. If you've purchased it for the cheaper price you'll be able to keep it on the levels you’ve paid for. Upgrading it will be more expensive once the update goes live."
There was relief that players were being heard and seen. Afterwards it wasn't mentioned much in the forums. However as soon as the update came, more issues arrived.

After the Update
Immediately, it was noticed that the stacking of vs was not the same and had indeed been nerfed, some could say to the point of being a useless skill. The main issues were related to money. This is what the post looks like now:
Venomous Skin
Price increased by 75%
Effect duration decreased by 6%
DPS decreased 5%
Duration decreased 7-18%

Well, that was a hard one for us. Many of you reported that this skill is unfair due to the fact that it could stack up the effect and requested that we prevent it. We've decided not to change its behaviour because you've been using it this way for years. We'll give it a little nerf and bump its price significantly as it was just too powerful for its place in the meta. It will still remain a very strong skill if used by a skilled player.
We’ve decided to just increase its price as it was a bargain for its power.
To start off, "We've decided not to change its behaviour because..." was striked through, after players had spent possibly hundreds of real money on the game in order to max out vs. So what is the problem with this? Reading more clearly, they say "We’ve decided to just increase its price as it was a bargain for its power." The specific word here is "just". This gives the intention that nothing else will be changed, no changes to duration and DPS. However, vs does not stack as it did before the update, damage stays constant. It was claimed that ONLY PRICE would be impacted upon and essentially, players have been lied to and money has been taken. Refunds are not an option. People who spend money are aware that gems and points are fictional money but continue to spend because the game is severely pay to progress and because consumers had a level of trust.

According to the terms and conditions, the company can change the prices of goods and services, however this doesn't apply to the function of goods as said by @thewolf_isfalling_apart on Instagram. This however doesn't justify that players are being dehumanized into simply a source of money. The power of the company is being abused to benefit from players by misleading them into believing one thing, changing last minute and then changing again, only to lie about that change. Just as we feel like we are being dehumanized, the company is starting to be seen as a greedy and money grabbing. I don't mean to offend anyone, this is just what I have seen in comments. Money isn't the only problem here, consumers are human, just as workers of the company - only there feels like there's a barrier.

The function of vs before the update, was that it stacked and would increase in damage. After the update, vs stacks constantly, no change in damage. This has reduced the usefulness of vs to almost nothing. After working on one skill, majority of players migrated to different skills. This isn't skill balancing, its a game of survival of the fittest. The lie that nothing else except price would be changed led to mass spending of money with belief that vs would be still as strong as it was. Change of function made people feel scammed of the money they worked for, the currency they need in order to survive irl. One of my friends announced to be that the "We've decided not to change its behaviour because you've..." was crossed out AFTER the update and this is what made me decide to revisit the topic.

A good successful company needs to communicate well and both should benefit. Updates can be received positively and has been seen before in updates like the day and night. The issue here is that essentially 90% of users didn't approve of the update. We are tired of these major changes no one is ready for.

So how can these issues be helped, to some extent?
  • Compensation of some sort(not biased competitions)
  • Increased champs
  • Taking back gems from skills: the company gets to keep the money and players get to decide where they want to spend the gems once spent on vs(lvl one still necessary for next skill)
  • Reverting back the stacking of vs
Why is this still an issue?
Players have been lied to and this is the source of our aggression.

It's been almost a month and we still feel like we have been exposed to some sort of harassment. It may have calmed down by now but the update is still being spoken about. We don't want pity, we want change and we want to be heard. In fact, we worked as a community to be heard and you provided ways for us to be heard but it still appears that everyone is being ignored. I believe in the company to make things better but I struggle to find any improvements. If this is an accidental bug, please fix it, if intentional, refer to the list above.

You're losing loyal players and customers, this isn't the first time. We love the game and I can say that if the intentions were not so deceiving, I could fully support the company. However, you have painted yourselves as the bad guys and I wish it wasn't like that. Yes this post has become biased but it's hard to stay formal about something that I've been involved in. I likely won't be replying to any responses. I just wanted to leave my hopefully final message on this topic. this isn't intended to be a hateful message, apologies if it appears like that. Frustration is still present.

Yes, this is like a war between consumer and company.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
Call me a keyboard warrior all you want. I mean what I say.

rain/cyne

rip vs

Re: The War of Venom Skin Changes

Post by rip vs »

It is a decent and explanatory post, yet I do not think developers would do anything about that since as you can see they did not say anthing about why they changed the vs but like very selfishly they made a contest in order to make already strong players stronger. You could see from the post, all winners are already strong with high cp and they ignore all the comment about vs. So many old players left the game and it is universal truth that keeping old customer brings more interest than receiving new customer. This last update is unfortunately downfall of the game.
Last edited by rip vs on Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

not bloody hacker

Post by not bloody hacker »

i also want LBD , skill throw and PC spamming issue back

Skyres

Post by Skyres »

I am not a VS user but I am also not happy on they fact they lied to players about the update. However I do think VS is a bit overpowered, it's best if they revert the power of VS but keep the price increasement, that way it's fair for everyone. If they are too stubborn to revert the skill, why not at least change back the price? I think VS is still a relatively better special skill (for its fast reload), if they change back the price, at least future players and those who have not yet maxed it could buy it cheap.

rip vs

Post by rip vs »

For me what is overpowered is traps and they increased their powers. The frozen trap should be low according to its line in skill tree but people start using trap instead of fighting which also caused the pvp died. That is true, they are probaby see how many players used to play pvp and now how many still play. I have 19 CP and 30k hp with 460 attack, however I get room with overpowered wolves. I personally only play pvp if i have a gems quest, otherwise I skip all. I spent my gems on VS before update cause they lied about that and now I stand no chance against in pvp. I cannot even play against close to my hp but I was able to defend myself in old update when I was 19k against 25k. It is not balancing but ruining the existing game flow. I did not even open new skills cause champions got lesser in every map and give less amount of gems and I stuck in coop with new greedy players. Eventually I gave up and stop playing. I was playing this game about 1.5 years and they lost their old customer 8-)
Last edited by rip vs on Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Accalia.Akki

Post by Accalia.Akki »

I agree, it’s been over a month with no response or validation as to why they did it. 3 years and they decided it was a glitch to stack so removed it. Only they lied to the whole community and proceeded to ignore and reward those that don’t sleep with gems for reaching 70. I read in another comments section that the amount of players now as opposed to same time last year is down 20 thousand +.

The game has died since this update, coops are rarely full and pvp you’re lucky to find another player let alone a war 😂 they need to realise their mistakes and correct them. The CP doesn’t work, I’ve joined pvps with 6ks and asked their CP and they all were around 5-10m 🤦🏻‍♀️

They are on the right track if their goal is to end the game. So many have left, many have given up. I’ve went from playing everyday 3-4hours to 30 mins for tasks only. It’s boring now and the update took a lot from us all, with little to be happy about, from spawn to champs to wars. It’s created a more toxic environment.

Skyres

Post by Skyres »

Accalia.Akki wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:40 pm

The game has died since this update, coops are rarely full and pvp you’re lucky to find another player let alone a war 😂 they need to realise their mistakes and correct them. The CP doesn’t work, I’ve joined pvps with 6ks and asked their CP and they all were around 5-10m 🤦🏻‍♀️
Just want to add to your comment about pvp. CP does work, but ONLY in the 250k-1m room, it works well there and people no longer complain about being attacked. Before lvl50 they now put 15-24 in a pvp server, 25-34 instead of the old every 5 levels and that is making pvp very hard for the bottom of the level range. Also 35-49 now play together instead of the old 35-47, those below 40 don't stand a chance aganist lvl49 at all.

Accalia.Akki

Post by Accalia.Akki »

Skyres wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:43 pm
Accalia.Akki wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:40 pm

Just want to add to your comment about pvp. CP does work, but ONLY in the 250k-1m room, it works well there and people no longer complain about being attacked. Before lvl50 they now put 15-24 in a pvp server, 25-34 instead of the old every 5 levels and that is making pvp very hard for the bottom of the level range. Also 35-49 now play together instead of the old 35-47, those below 40 don't stand a chance aganist lvl49 at all.

It doesn’t seem to work well when you hit level 50, I’m always put in with low levels and it seems unfair for them, it’s a 20 level difference - not too bad for those prior the update - but new level 50s with 1m cp being thrown in with level 70s with 40M - 80m (average) to however high it goes. It’s like being at level 50 and attacking the then level 25-30’s. So wars for me and others around the same cp and higher are few and far between. Yeah it’s a game but it’s not a happy win when it’s against those that are extremely small, I leave tbh and coop is dire. Legit feel like the update ended what was a good and enjoyable game - for me anyway. A lot have left and the fun went with them. The developers need to fix and balance their update or it will be a delete for me after all these years.