Wolf is losing its appeal (to me)--and here's WHY!

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
Unrealisation

Wolf is losing its appeal (to me)--and here's WHY!

Post by Unrealisation »

from my experience...as a decently strong wolf of 44M CP...
IN COOP
  • fewer coins per animal
- a mammoth BEFORE gives 9k-10k coins with VIP
- a mammoth NOW gives 8k and less with VIP
  • less gems per champion
- dark albatross, white rhino, liger, & canadian bison champs are examples such gem reduction
  • solo hunting more than actual group work
- eventually, it feels repetitive and extremely boring
  • when sharing champs or group hunting, the reward is low unless you bite the animal last
HOW TO MAKE COOP MORE REWARDING/FUN (my opinion):
+ more coins, more gems per animal, perhaps even new champs
+ return to the old way of calculating gem (and coin) rewards for group hunting, where everyone gets roughly the same amount instead of having the last player earn the full amount OR
+ give everyone an equal amount of gem and coin reward no matter how much damage they deal, which HIGHLY encourages sharing
+ if you hunt in a group, your coins/gems reward should always be higher than if you were to hunt solo (this is a MULTIPLAYER game, and it should live up to its name)
+ have some animals that are extremely difficult to kill which would require teamwork, to the point that even the strongest of the strongest player can't bring the animal down by themselves
+ new maps every couple of months
+ older maps should give more rewards and be harder to hunt for higher levels (sometimes i want to hunt in green hills but it's too easy and i don't earn much)
IN PVP
  • mostly empty servers
- and each region literally has only 1 room; if i join an EU server, leave, and then join again, i'd still be in that same room no matter how many times i try
  • ppl stand around and talk more often than having a war
HOW TO MAKE PVP MORE FUN:
+ implement some actual "skills/tactics" such as hideout places rather than an opened map
+ new PVP modes (such as a timed battle, maze, one versus one, 8 versus 8, defending territory --> trying not to get "denned") with GEMS rewards!
+ get rid of CP where it is not needed and cause empty servers
+ allow players to see their kills even if they mute the chat
+ kick out spot blockers AND place a penalty where they can't join another PVP server until 15 minutes have passed (this should be strict, especially for PVP because this is a place where you should FIGHT, not stand around and talk)
FOR QUESTS
  • redundant missions
  • quests and rewards don't match the task or wolf's strength level
HOW TO IMPROVE:
+ more rewards according to the wolf's level (higher level = more rewards); coin rewards for level 70 should be 100,000+ to make them worthy
+ different tasks that are MEANINGFUL rather than just hunting animals (for ex: help a stranger do this, share a champ, be an alpha, etc.)
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

wolfbeatz

Re: Wolf is losing its appeal (to me)--and here's WHY!

Post by wolfbeatz »

Seems good
Hello

ID: 23702527

Skyres

Post by Skyres »

Some ideas for the hideout places. They should intentionally add more 'glitchy places' in pvp, such as the tree in green hills pvp that is now patched. Because to get up those places you need actual practice and with good use of terrain it's possible beat stronger players. Just like airbite, it's not something that can be brought. (maybe make it so you can't port at certain places such as on top trees, so one team can't keep porting back on top after they are killed)
Maybe when you are in a bush your dot will not show on the radar, but other players can still see you... Or turn the radar off at night so it's possible to ambush...? This might give dark skins and skills that don't shine an advantage.

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

I love your idea of allowing players to climb up on top of places like trees, rocks, and such. And yes, not allowing players to port on top of those places is a good idea, that way they can only climb to hide temporarily while waiting for skills to load or something like that.

I will also like to see more weather changes, such as fog, to temporarily blur the player's vision. This could be made into a skill, too.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

SnoDragon

Post by SnoDragon »

I'm going to tell how I feel about Unrealisation's post, then some ideas for improving the game.
Unrealisation wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:54 am
HOW TO MAKE COOP MORE REWARDING/FUN (my opinion):
+ more coins, more gems per animal, perhaps even new champs
New animals would be great, and I think maybe some of the nighttime animals deserve to have champion versions
+ return to the old way of calculating gem (and coin) rewards for group hunting, where everyone gets roughly the same amount instead of having the last player earn the full amount OR
+ give everyone an equal amount of gem and coin reward no matter how much damage they deal, which HIGHLY encourages sharing
+ if you hunt in a group, your coins/gems reward should always be higher than if you were to hunt solo (this is a MULTIPLAYER game, and it should live up to its name)
It would give the stronger wolves more encouragement to help the weaker ones, because they would get equal or MORE to what they usually get.
+ have some animals that are extremely difficult to kill which would require teamwork, to the point that even the strongest of the strongest player can't bring the animal down by themselves
They do need stronger animals, now that they have made the max hp and att 750.
+ new maps every couple of months
I feel like this is a lot to ask of the devs, but they really do need something new. It's gotten boring

IN PVP

HOW TO MAKE PVP MORE FUN:
+ implement some actual "skills/tactics" such as hideout places rather than an opened map
for example, the cave in dark forest that isn't marked on the map. Maybe at night the same function that happens to the opposite team, where you can't see them on the map if they're not nearby could happen to your teammates, giving nighttime a new 'thing' other than nocturnal animals and looking cool.
+ new PVP modes (such as a timed battle, maze, one versus one, 8 versus 8, defending territory --> trying not to get "denned") with GEMS rewards!
They really do need something new. Capture the flag?
+ get rid of CP where it is not needed and cause empty servers
CP doesn't work in PVP. Like, AT ALL
+ allow players to see their kills even if they mute the chat
They really do need this. If people are arguing and you don't want to listen to them, maybe they are saying things that make you feel uncomfortable, you can mute the chat. But, you wont be able to see who you have killed, meaning you would have to keep checking the leader board, which can be annoying.

FOR QUESTS

HOW TO IMPROVE:
+ more rewards according to the wolf's level (higher level = more rewards); coin rewards for level 70 should be 100,000+ to make them worthy
Why would I go out of my way to do a quest that gives me 7,500 coins? It's justnot worth it to do the point quests
+ different tasks that are MEANINGFUL rather than just hunting animals (for ex: help a stranger do this, share a champ, be an alpha, etc.)
Y E S S S S. It would give more feeling to the quests.

~Other Opinons~

I feel like you should be able to place a portal on rocks, and as of right now its a good strategy to not get your portal trapped, because usually the trap will not appear on the rock, but rather inside the rock. But, portal trapping is ALSO a strategy. It depends what the devs think. Also, dark forest PVP is lots of fun for me because of the cave, and the high ledge that you can walk on in green hills makes for great surprise attacks. If they made more reachable ledges/hiding spots not marked on the map, it would give PVP more of a strategy element, which it really needs. Fog is a fantastic idea. It would perhaps give more of a challenge, especially in coop as you can't see the animal you're approaching. Rain would also be cool, and it would maybe give harder surfaces such as rocks a 'slippery' feel, where your wolf would slide a little bit. They did a nighttime, maybe now a weather and new map update. Also, only the alpha as of right now has the power to tell the people in the room where they are. Additionally, if they are say, level 50 and quite strong in a 10-50 room, they would probably not put a portal because they don't need help. Maybe second in command could do something similar, but not an actual portal, and only in coop. Perhaps a thing that would say ____ needs your help! and the location of said player. That's all. It's just my opinion
GOOSE

Cheyennemay

Post by Cheyennemay »

I fully agree with all of the comments mentioned above. Often the players with the high CP are soloists and refuse to be a team player. these players are always the alpha and kill all champs alone. because the players with a high CP play together in the same room, the animals have been modified so that the players with the high CP have a challenge to kill the large animal, but in the meantime the players with the lower CP cannot destroy the large animals anymore .
this is frustrating.
As far as pvp is concerned, it often looks like a tea wreath. if you come in there to complete a quest and you try to attack a wolf you will either have to deal with players with a high CP or they will scold you. my opinion is therefore, take on another challenge with the pvp folder. pvp map is usually a map of destruction. in short, the game wolf simulator brings a lot of frustrations so that it is less and less attractive to play it.
i can still remember when i discovered this game a year ago, it was fun and coop
players were more friendly and really played together. Now I experience much more hate. I also think this is why players are starting to use hacking programs more than ever.
it would be such a shame that this game eventually bleeds to death because it is a fantastic game with beautiful graphics.
We all hope the developers will do something with all this advice from the players above.
I only made youtube videos of coop with cooperative team players, but this is impossible because there are almost no team players in the same map.
I really enjoyed editing the videos but it is no longer motivational.
Please make wolf great again!!
ɔɦəϔəήήə

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

Excellent discussion here, you guys. I would like to add on to Cheyennemay’s commentary about the rise of hackers. People can hack/mod due to a variety of reasons, but perhaps the strongest one of them all is the pay to win way which is embedded at the root of this game. I once met a hacker, he was what many would consider a “pup.” Level 48, if I remembered correctly. When I asked why he uses no skill cool down and immortal hacks, he told me he wanted to protect other “pups” around his level from stronger players who pick on them. Basically he heals the pups and dens the bullies. This was a very interesting and memorable conversation. If the developers can alter the game to more of teamwork, cooperation and kindness rather than directing the players toward micro aggressions and hatred, you wouldn’t give people a reason to hack/mod.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

Cheyennemay

Post by Cheyennemay »

Thank you for responding,

the same also applies to the statement whether or not moderators should be added to this game. I fear the discontent in this game is going to get worse, condemning wrongdoing in a world of frustration will lead to explosive banned behaviours.
that's not what we want.
everyone sometimes looks for the boundary but as the game is now divided is not correct.
same level in the same folder would solve a lot of frustration by itself.
ɔɦəϔəήήə

Teutonix

Post by Teutonix »

I agree with a lot of this, but-
I find that CP does help. With the attribute max increased significantly, a small 3k wouldn’t want to be put into a room with a 62k. It may not seem like it helps, but it really does. Maybe take away CP requirements for CO-OP rooms, though.
With everyone getting the same amount of gems and coins, despite the damage they’ve dealt, that may encourage some people to share, but others would probably just bite the champ once and go off and kill some animals while the other do all the work.
Add a new map every few months would make the game overall laggier. Instead, there can be seasonal maps, summer time - a summer themed map in addition to the normal maps.
There isn’t only one room per region, the game automatically puts you in the oldest room, and if that rooms becomes full, it creates a new one.
It shouldn’t just be 70s that get 100,000+ coins, I started getting into the 100,000+ for attributes when I was level 50. Of course, this was before the update, but some 50s, even after the update, have higher coin requirements per upgrade.

That’s all, take care,
тєυтσηιχ
Last edited by Teutonix on Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

imtiaz

Post by imtiaz »

Couldn't agree more. specially with less coins on kills point. The strong players prefer to hunt alone so that they get more coins. I love this game and it makes me sad that slowly the game is becoming less attractive, less enjoyable. you have to spend hours to just collect 100k coins. I hope someone from the management sees this post and implement these changes.