Animals Also Need Cooldown Times

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
BOREALIS

Animals Also Need Cooldown Times

Post by BOREALIS » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:37 am

I’d like to start out by saying that all of us have experienced a time when we were not able to attack an animal or animals because it/they stunned us over and over again. These animals’ skills add a nice challenge to the game, but they’re abusing it, so to speak. Since stunning completely immobilizes the player in terms of attacking, it should have a long cooldown time, about a minute or so (thirty seconds sounds like a lot but the animal stuns you for about a good ten seconds). A very similar skill the player can use is the Accursing Bite, so let’s compare it to that. The cooldown time is 50 seconds. The animals’ stun is far more effective than the Accursing Bite in combat, but they can use it over and over again as much as they want. And it’s not only the stunning. I was fighting an animal in the Wild Tundra today and it used Freezing Breath, Frostbite, Freezing Breath (or something similar) all in a row with no pause. Obviously this made me significantly slower and some people came and stole my kill, which is also very aggravating at times (especially when they end up following you and stealing everything you find).
𝓑𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓼
Lᴇᴠᴇʟ 50 Wʜɪᴛᴇ Wᴏʟғ

A.Good.Username.

Re: Animals Also Need Cooldown Times

Post by A.Good.Username. » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:32 pm

I completely agree with animals having a longer/any cool down at all, it would make the game a lot less tedious. Also something which also may add to the game, is that when you get stunned you could use some skills such as, the life renagations and maybe something like poison cloud and/or thundercloud.
In game username: WolfarineWE WC AOD A

Pack: WE- joint alpha, WC, FR A, AOD AND DMN

Level: 50

BOREALIS

Post by BOREALIS » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:25 am

A.Good.Username. wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:32 pm
I completely agree with animals having a longer/any cool down at all, it would make the game a lot less tedious. Also something which also may add to the game, is that when you get stunned you could use some skills such as, the life renagations and maybe something like poison cloud and/or thundercloud.
I also agree with that. Players should be able to use their skills that don’t affect the wolf’s movement, such as the ones you listed above, Special skills, Fire Wall, Battle Orders, Damage and Critical Boost, and Speed Boost. I know I said stuff that doesn’t affect the wolf’s movement and Speed Boost does, but it doesn’t actually make the wolf do a specific movement, if you know what I mean.
𝓑𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓼
Lᴇᴠᴇʟ 50 Wʜɪᴛᴇ Wᴏʟғ

Rachie DSK Alpha

Post by Rachie DSK Alpha » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:41 am

Yes, agreed! Especially for those white rhinos lol
Dark Shadow Killers Alpha
Wolf Name: Rachie DSK Alpha
Wolf ID: (#5275812)
Level: 44
Skin: Mexican Wolf

KoLy12F

Post by KoLy12F » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:12 am

I agree too. Last time when hunting, a musk ox stunned me over and over. When I attackeda few seconds later, it stunned me again and then I attacked again, but the musk ox stunned me AGAIN and then I died. If our cooldown times are long and we can't kill animals very fast, why can the musk ox kill me in a matter of seconds? Let's say musk ox have high health and damage, but what about the wolverine? It stunned me at least twice in a row, with only about two seconds cooldown time. It's really annoying that you just die so quickly when animals use one skill after another. Animals should be like the opponents in PVP, except healths are different. They should have considerably short cooldown time since they are those high health and attack animals, but the current cooldown time is TOO short.
In-game username: KoLy12F
Lvl 32

Punk SW

Post by Punk SW » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:30 am

BOREALIS wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:37 am
I’d like to start out by saying that all of us have experienced a time when we were not able to attack an animal or animals because it/they stunned us over and over again. These animals’ skills add a nice challenge to the game, but they’re abusing it, so to speak. Since stunning completely immobilizes the player in terms of attacking, it should have a long cooldown time, about a minute or so (thirty seconds sounds like a lot but the animal stuns you for about a good ten seconds). A very similar skill the player can use is the Accursing Bite, so let’s compare it to that. The cooldown time is 50 seconds. The animals’ stun is far more effective than the Accursing Bite in combat, but they can use it over and over again as much as they want. And it’s not only the stunning. I was fighting an animal in the Wild Tundra today and it used Freezing Breath, Frostbite, Freezing Breath (or something similar) all in a row with no pause. Obviously this made me significantly slower and some people came and stole my kill, which is also very aggravating at times (especially when they end up following you and stealing everything you find).
I agree with this. I was double stunned by two white tigers and couldn't do a thing, not even back up. It ended up killing me in a few seconds. We don't have a stun option, why should the animals?

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:49 pm

Today I got stunned and pushed back by a single musk ox 3 times in a row under 10 seconds. Like bro...chill!

Honestly, the first thing you can literally expect when you are about to attack an animal is either:
a. get a kind stun
b. get a push back
c. get a furious stun and push back (happens to me 70%+ of the time) :roll:
d. a series of kind bites
cнocoнolιc, ѕĸaтιng enтнυѕιaѕт, and ѕervanт тo мυlтιple caтѕ.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ
ᴅɪᴤᴄᴏʀᴅ #2795

rain

Post by rain » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:28 am

Unrealisation wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:49 pm
Today I got stunned and pushed back by a single musk ox 3 times in a row under 10 seconds. Like bro...chill!

Honestly, the first thing you can literally expect when you are about to attack an animal is either:
a. get a kind stun
b. get a push back
You forgot
e. stun bite stun bite push

sometimes these animals have no empathy lol
cyne; rain; cyii
Art insta: @cyne__
Wolf insta: @cynelime

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:02 am

rain wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:28 am
Unrealisation wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:49 pm

a. get a kind stun
b. get a push back
You forgot
e. stun bite stun bite push

sometimes these animals have no empathy lol
Oh yes, not to mention the critical bite, push and stun. I had full health (6K) but this brown ox did all that and left me with 2K... :?
cнocoнolιc, ѕĸaтιng enтнυѕιaѕт, and ѕervanт тo мυlтιple caтѕ.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ
ᴅɪᴤᴄᴏʀᴅ #2795

rain

Post by rain » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:40 am

Unrealisation wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:02 am

Oh yes, not to mention the critical bite, push and stun. I had full health (6K) but this brown ox did all that and left me with 2K... :?
Once I had a markhor(I'm pretty sure that's what it's called but it has that red squiggly line for some reason) stun me countless times in a row. It was the first animal I attacked that day and dying when I just entered the room is not too fun.
cyne; rain; cyii
Art insta: @cyne__
Wolf insta: @cynelime