Make Alpha position optional.

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
Saint

Make Alpha position optional.

Post by Saint » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:56 pm

Dear Wolf,

Great game!!

Thought that it might be nice to make Alpha an optional position as sometimes I enjoy simply playing alone and not being responsible for leading a pack. If my score is much higher then it kind of limits everyone else's good time if I'm just in a "solo" mode.

Very best,

John
(Saint)
“There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.”

~ George Carlin

If you see me in the "alpha" position and I'm in solo mode just tell me to switch rooms and I will so someone else can take alpha over! Happy Hunting!

AlbertoJVD22294

Re: Make Alpha position optional.

Post by AlbertoJVD22294 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:48 am

I can see this being helpful, specially if you're in a room with a lv40 and they don't need help and you won't get exp from the kills lol

Illvminati

Post by Illvminati » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:50 pm

AlbertoJVD22294 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:48 am
I can see this being helpful, specially if you're in a room with a lv40 and they don't need help and you won't get exp from the kills lol
You don't need to do the finishing blow to get experience, you get assist rewards too :)

You will find that you may get faster experience if you play with level 40's, because they give larger rewards. If they're on your team, you can leach assist points from their kills.
IN-GAME NAMES: .ILLVMINATIl lll ll lllll llll ll

STEAM PROFILE: . . http://steamcommunity.com/id/illvminati

AlbertoJVD22294

Post by AlbertoJVD22294 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:48 am

Really? I tried this and seems a usual 5000ish exp solo kill only gets 1000exp if a lv40 helps. Will have to test again.

Illvminati

Post by Illvminati » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:23 pm

AlbertoJVD22294 wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:48 am
Really? I tried this and seems a usual 5000ish exp solo kill only gets 1000exp if a lv40 helps. Will have to test again.
Yes, that's likely the case. The vast majority of games give a smaller reward for kill-assists. I don't know what the difference is in this game, because you don't get any more experience (just coins) after level 40.

I just recall leveling up much faster on the winning team, especially when level 40 players were on the other side, because they give more experience & coins upon death.

Just be aware that there are different strengths of level 40 players out there. There are some very strong "high level 40" players who can wipe out the entire enemy team, if it's comprised of "low level 40's".
IN-GAME NAMES: .ILLVMINATIl lll ll lllll llll ll

STEAM PROFILE: . . http://steamcommunity.com/id/illvminati