Revive dead teammates

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
Faolan1945

Revive dead teammates

Post by Faolan1945 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:23 pm

I think it would be cool to be able to revive dead teammates before they respawn in both pvp and
co-op mode :)

yakuza

Re: Revive dead teammates

Post by yakuza » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:35 am

I'm afraid it would reduce motivation to stay alive ;)
/Y

Wolf #1826083

PharaohSabre

Post by PharaohSabre » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:59 am

Not an awful idea, but it needs refining.

Perhaps having 15 seconds after death to revive or be revived before you were sent back to the spawn den. And the revival itself would take five seconds, but the process would be interrupted each time damage was done to you and you'd have to start over. (Think of getting bitten while trying to set a portal.)

Overall, a good idea. The rush to kill off others before they could revive a dead packmate on the spot would be intense.
The Champion Thief
Pay-to-win =/= Strong

AlphaWolf1

Post by AlphaWolf1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:52 am

This would ruin the whole point of the game and people would form groups in pvp where they just revive each other for like eternity basically making it very hard to actually kill people unless if you knock them down and that counts as a kill but they are still alive and might get revived.
IGN:Alpha Shadow
Level:49
ID:2606150
Dicord:AlphaWolf1#0889
KiK:AlphaWolf091
Gmail:alphawolf0191@gmail.com
Google+:Alpha Wolf1

Faolan1945

Post by Faolan1945 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:50 pm

One way to make it balanced, would be to have a “cool down” between revives, so like, if you where killed and then revived, if you went down again before say... one minute, you would just respawn in the cave, rather than have the chance to be revived. I also agree with the concept of The reviving process being interrupted if you take damage. This could make the game have more strategy in pvp and co-op as you could have one teammate revive, and the others give cover.

White Fang 1
Location: California, United States. Firefighter, USMC Mos 2651

Post by White Fang 1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Faolan1945 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:50 pm
One way to make it balanced, would be to have a “cool down” between revives, so like, if you where killed and then revived, if you went down again before say... one minute, you would just respawn in the cave, rather than have the chance to be revived. I also agree with the concept of The reviving process being interrupted if you take damage. This could make the game have more strategy in pvp and co-op as you could have one teammate revive, and the others give cover.
Now that's better refined. :)
Started playing in Sep 8, 2017 IGN: White Fang
KIK: White_Fang_1
Answer Most questions.

yakuza

Post by yakuza » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:50 am

PharaohSabre wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:59 am
Perhaps having 15 seconds after death to revive or be revived before you were sent back to the spawn den
What if there is no one around? Should player be blocked anyway? If not how far should some ally be to make player wait? It's insanely complicated if you want to have it equal and fair for everyone. If you want to let players decide whether they want to wait for respawn or not then how long should it wait for decision? It would also require another button in already complex UI, moreover if you click 5 times you want to wait for respawn but nobody would heal you then it will be more and more rarely used feature.

Also how long should healing take? Should it depend on level? Should it be another skill? Should it be upgradeable? Implementing it wouldn't be that hard, but coming up with concept that is clear, fair and easy to understand for all (new and old) players is really difficult.
/Y

Wolf #1826083

Faolan1945

Post by Faolan1945 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:03 pm

It can be a skill, yes. And the decision to be revived or not would just be up to you. You can either wait, or just hit a button or something that would respawn you. Reviving would only take 5 seconds, but as someone else stated before, if you took damage then the revival process would be interrupted, just like howling is. My point behind this idea, is that it would keep combat more fluid, as there wouldn’t be that long pause of both teams constantly having to charge at eachother.

And as for the wait to make this balanced, you could make a new “healer” or “medic” skill, and only those with it equipped could revive teammates.

yakuza

Post by yakuza » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:22 am

Faolan1945 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:03 pm
And as for the wait to make this balanced, you could make a new “healer” or “medic” skill, and only those with it equipped could revive teammates.
It would make perfect sense for me if there was perk system and on of perks was "Medic". Otherwise I'm afraid it would introduce a lot of confusion. Idea is cool, but for me too complicated for most of casual players.
/Y

Wolf #1826083

PharaohSabre

Post by PharaohSabre » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:34 pm

AlphaWolf1 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:52 am
This would ruin the whole point of the game and people would form groups in pvp where they just revive each other for like eternity basically making it very hard to actually kill people unless if you knock them down and that counts as a kill but they are still alive and might get revived.
I think once all of a player's health is reduced to 0 you would still get the kill as normal. It would still count as a kill even if said killed player is revived seconds later.
The Champion Thief
Pay-to-win =/= Strong