New skills

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
PharaohSabre

New skills

Post by PharaohSabre » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:37 am

Here's what I have in mind:

■ (SPECIAL) Dragon's breath - basically Freezing breath but with fire. (Like the crocodile and komodo champions)
■ (BASIC) Frozen claw jump but with venom.

■ Charge/STUN. Ever got charged by a Ram or mountain goat? This wouldn't so much be a skill but as a basic move, like bite, that can be used addition to basics, auras and specials. Unlocked at level 30, this would basically allow you to rush the enemy at a high speed, do a little damage, and possibly stun them. The chance of stunning an enemy would be VERY low but would increase a tiny amount based on attack power.

■ (AURA) Health nova - A green fire nova that increases the health of any allies in its radius.

I'll add more as I get new ideas.
The Champion Thief
Pay-to-win =/= Strong

rain

Re: New skills

Post by rain » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:06 am

I feel like having the same skills as the animals in COOP would make the game a lot more interesting, although the stun would be quite annoying though. I don't hate it though, I've thought it about it myself a couple of times. Instead of the chance a stun can happen during an attack, what if the length of the stun was adjusted based on the attack attribute. I do see many issues with this, such as an increase of players swearing and ganging up on each others. The stun would most likely implement a higher level of players running, which isn't generally accepted within the community.

The charge(pushing players back a bit) is a fine suggestion though.

Other than that, the dragon breath and the poison claw ideas are really nice and have my full support.

The health nova you suggested already has something similar, also known as battle orders.

Other suggestions:
Acid rain: instead of it having a large radius like thunder, it would have a similar radius to the nova skills. I suppose the acid rain would work like poison skills and come from a cloud. It might seem overpowered but then again a lot of skills are. Or it could act like the tornado attack which would now stay with the player under attack(at a far distance) and follow the player who is using the attack.

Some sort of plant nova: basically a nova but it sends out sharp leaves or plant spikes.

Mist: fogs up the vision of another player. They would still be able to see but not as well as they normally would be able to.

Something with electricity.

My ideas have many faults though
cyne; rain

PharaohSabre

Post by PharaohSabre » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:51 am

rain wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:06 am
I do see many issues with this, such as an increase of players swearing and ganging up on each others. The stun would most likely implement a higher level of players running, which isn't generally accepted within the community.
That may be true, but you have to remember that sprinting away and "ganging up" as you call it, are not so much against the game rules as they are irritating to certain players. Swearing would be the only real issue I see there.

The other suggestions were great by the way.
The Champion Thief
Pay-to-win =/= Strong

rain

Post by rain » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:41 am

PharaohSabre wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:51 am

That may be true, but you have to remember that sprinting away and "ganging up" as you call it, are not so much against the game rules as they are irritating to certain players. Swearing would be the only real issue I see there.
Yes, I am aware that running and ganging up is not an official rule but instead a community rule, hence why I said
"which is generally not accepted within the community."
I wasn't really clear on that though.

I agree with you that swearing would be the real and probably the largest issue that can arise.
cyne; rain

yakuza

Post by yakuza » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:07 am

There is one major issue with skills that would push other players around: they take from you control over your own wolf. I can easily imagine 3 guys constantly pushing someone around map for fun, or pushing someone right before killing NPC just to make last hit. I wouldn't expect such skill ever appearing in game.

Other suggestions are interesting, however these are either mix of existing skills or have similar existing equivalents. I'd personally postpone this discussion after next update ;)
/Y

Wolf #1826083

rain

Post by rain » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:27 am

Now that I think about it, it is quite similar to a stun in a way as it temporary blocks the effected players from attacking.

Honestly though, I believe there are enough skills at the moment. A lot of people are still saving up on gems to strengthen these skills so adding new ones might be a bit irritating and people will have too many options to the point where they don't know which skills to focus on.
cyne; rain

AlphaWolf1

Post by AlphaWolf1 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:44 pm

The stun would be a disaster as though people will get annoyed ithwy do get stunned and could result in swearing fighting and stuff. This finally leading to more reporting for swearing and stuff. But I do like the concept of a frozen claw jump with poison and the "dragon breath".
IGN:Alpha Shadow
Level:49
ID:2606150
Dicord:AlphaWolf1#0889
KiK:AlphaWolf091
Gmail:alphawolf0191@gmail.com
Google+:Alpha Wolf1

PharaohSabre

Post by PharaohSabre » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:17 pm

yakuza wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:07 am
There is one major issue with skills that would push other players around: they take from you control over your own wolf. I can easily imagine 3 guys constantly pushing someone around map for fun, or pushing someone right before killing NPC just to make last hit. I wouldn't expect such skill ever appearing in game.

Other suggestions are interesting, however these are either mix of existing skills or have similar existing equivalents. I'd personally postpone this discussion after next update ;)
Yikes, the charge move could backfire. Perhaps if it had limited uses per day in PvP or a very long cooldown time? (The concern of players shoving eachother away from would only be an issue in PvP and only against opponent wolves, as bites and powers don't affect other wolves in co-op)

And yes, some of my suggestion has equivalents but you also have to remember that Frozen claw jump and Vampiric claw are only fusions of Frostbite and Life steal with overhead triple claw's leaping advantage. Two fairly new kills that essentially already existed beforehand.
The Champion Thief
Pay-to-win =/= Strong