age limits

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
-Nikita-

age limits

Post by -Nikita- » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:09 am

Its a given that no matter what room you go into there is some 10 year old typing out "mate needed". its not only disturbing but potentially disasterous. All it would take is one parent to see this, or one pervert to take advantage and the app we all love would probably be deleted for good.

Best way to fix this is to put an age limit. If you're not 13+ there really isnt a reason you should A. Have a socially enabled app and 2. have the ability to speak freely amongst strangers with little to no way for parents, admins, ect. To monitor what is being said.

Another suggestion is a REPORT USER button. This would allow the users following the tos and the rules to report the ones that arent. Either for not playing correctly, bullying, attempts at sexual conduct, ect. This would curve a lot of the afformentioned problems anyway. Just my two cents. Its not 10 year olds (or anyone not old enough to work) that will actually put foreward money into this. So, with that in mind, id happily spend annual money if i knew i wasnt going to be thrown in a room with two hormonal, cybering MINORS!
artwork creator https://quaylak.deviantart.com
🐺Nikita🐺
🐺1327581🐺
"The wolf never troubles itself with the opinions of sheep."

Lifewarrior7590

Re: age limits

Post by Lifewarrior7590 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:03 am

Yes I totally agree with you. I'm also in my twenties. It would make sense for there to be an age limit.

-Nikita-

Post by -Nikita- » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:25 am

At the very least an age limit to the chat features. No 10-13 year old should be chatting with strangers on the internet anyway. Its literally going to become an if/not when, situation of the app being in jeapordy. I would hate to see that happen because of some inapporpriate and revolting conversation going on between minors, or worse, adults... i just dont understand why that would be a problem. The graphics, premiums, and game-play is more suited for an adult following anyway. i dont mind the rping. Actually making a pack and having pack dynamics is fine, even exclusively playing with a "mate" or w.e isnt hurting anyone! but the actual act of typing out the consumation is not only disgusting, i dont ever see it happening between adults. Then again, i unfortunately dont see many adults :(
🐺Nikita🐺
🐺1327581🐺

50shadesofwolf

Post by 50shadesofwolf » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Thank you for bringing this up! I met this person who claimed to be 29 years of age asking to mate.. we should be able to report this. It’s disgusting...

-Nikita-

Post by -Nikita- » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:19 am

Whats more scary is they likely werent. It was probably some 15 year old girl who has no buisiness even being aloud to socialize with strangers unaccounted for and limitlessly. I think you should have to enter your birthday and if youre under a certain age, the chat is locked. Or if you get reported 3x for inappropriate behavior its locked until youre old enough to join other sites with adult content. Facebook, youtube, instagram ect. Youre supposed to be 18 to have those. Theres good reason for that.
🐺Nikita🐺
🐺1327581🐺

salticue

Post by salticue » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:45 am

How do you expect this to work though? Anyone can lie about their age on the internet.

Also I would hope that your Deviant user https://quaylak.deviantart.com/ or else that's art theft. Although that is not likely.

-Nikita-

Post by -Nikita- » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:52 am

I credit him and his work is watermarked? i never claimed the artwork was mine and got it from google images. There was a link to his profile in my signiture that seems to have been blocked in with the pic. Ill fix that shortly.

Secondly it wouldnt be that difficult as most people have an email associated with their playstore. If it pulled the info from that it wouldnt give them a chance to lie. Yes, anyone can lie on the internet, but if new people go to join and a age selector becomes a choice, they wont know upon account creation that the chat is locked unless old enough. Once an account is created, the same email or user cannot be used again or it could just go by ip adress. other websites do it pretty well.

And obviously a punishment system in place for the ones who lie to get around it. Not hard to get caught since screenshots exsist.
🐺Nikita🐺
🐺1327581🐺

-Nikita-

Post by -Nikita- » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:56 am

Also copyright infringement act can only be applied when there is a exsisting revenue or currency. It was put in place for companies like pokemon, book writers, and directors so that someone cant steal their idea or movie and slap their name on it and sell it. Ive never claimed the artwork, credited the artist, got it from a public domain, and never recieve anything like currency for any of it. Thats legal.
🐺Nikita🐺
🐺1327581🐺

goldenlynx16

Post by goldenlynx16 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Even if they were new players, wouldn’t the game asking for their age be a bit fishy? I mean, if they played other games that ask for your age and give you limited features (Roblox is the only one I can think of right now), couldn’t they think that maybe the age feature limits you on chatting, having friends, etc., and lie about their age? (Sorry, I think that most people wouldn’t do this, but just an idea, I guess.)
nepeta • mexican wolf • lvl 45
nymira • grey wolf • lvl 5
kik - goldenlynx16
discord - glodkies#9253

“The art of the compromise—
Hold your nose and close your eyes.
We want our leaders to save the day, but we don’t get a say in what they trade away.”

Griffin Pierce

Post by Griffin Pierce » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:22 pm

I think initially age limits are a good idea, but once you think about it, you could just lie and say you’re much older and the system wouldn’t know any better. I’m 15 now, but I remember when I was younger and couldn’t register for snapchat or instagram because I was too young, and all I had to do was just fudge the year by a couple and boom. I was in just like that. I hate the idea of younger kids coming in and being like “mate? mate? who needs a mate?” and also the fact that someone older could prey on younger kids especially with the new private chat update, but there’s really no way to stop it other than reporting the player. It really does suck but I can’t think of another way to prevent that