Not having to unlock previous skills - UPDATED

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.

Do you support my suggestion?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 7

Furry

Not having to unlock previous skills - UPDATED

Post by Furry » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:01 pm

Change the way skills are unlocked so players do not have to unlock the previous skills before unlocking their desired skill. We can only use one skill per category so there is no need to waste lots of gems on skills we are not going to use. If someone wanted to use Thunderstorm as their special skill they would have to unlock Fire Nova, Icy Spikes, Frost Nova, and Hurricane before they could unlock the skill they wanted which is an enormous waste of hard-earned gems and/or real life currency.
UPDATE: The “level lock” would still exist. For example, you can not unlock Flame Spin at level 1, you have to be at least level 18 to unlock it. You would still have to spend gems to unlock skills.
Last edited by Furry on Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

rain

Re: Not having to unlock previous skills

Post by rain » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:45 pm

I agree with this. To go with it, it would be nice to be able get gems back from unwanted skills.
cyne; rain

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:01 am

I also support this suggestion...but I do have one point though - for players who are completely new to this game and starting as a level 1, the aspect of unlocking skills give them something to look forward to as they level up. By requiring them to spend gems to unlock skills first, they get to explore most of the skills out there. If all the skills were unlocked at level 1, it could overwhelm the player.

The non-messy solution I see to this is, like Rain said above, to give us the option of retrieving our gems back. For example, say I have critical boost at level 7, but now I don't want critical boost anymore. The devs can make a button next to a particular skill that says something like "Reclaim" and "Reclaim this skill." When I click the "Reclaim" button, it brings my critical boost back to level 6 and adds the gems it took to get CB to level 7 to my total gem balance. When I click the "Reclaim this skill" button, it automatically unlocks that skill but then gives all the gems I used from CB level 1-7 back to my total gem balance.

Hope that makes sense lol...I'm still a bit new to the concept itself.
cнocoнolιc, ѕĸaтιng enтнυѕιaѕт, and ѕervanт тo мυlтιple caтѕ.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ
ᴅɪᴤᴄᴏʀᴅ #2795

Furry

Post by Furry » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:36 pm

Unrealisation wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:01 am
I also support this suggestion...but I do have one point though - for players who are completely new to this game and starting as a level 1, the aspect of unlocking skills give them something to look forward to as they level up. By requiring them to spend gems to unlock skills first, they get to explore most of the skills out there. If all the skills were unlocked at level 1, it could overwhelm the player.
I meant skills would still be locked until the level requirement to unlock those skills would be reached. My apologizes, that was really unclear. I will edit my post to make it more clear. :)

Furry

Post by Furry » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:56 pm

rain wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:45 pm
I agree with this. To go with it, it would be nice to be able get gems back from unwanted skills.
Agreed, especially if you paid real life currency on gems and spent those gems on unlocking skills. I understand if refunding real life currency would be problematic so instead a compromise of refunding your gems would be fair.
Unrealisation wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:01 am
The non-messy solution I see to this is, like Rain said above, to give us the option of retrieving our gems back. For example, say I have critical boost at level 7, but now I don't want critical boost anymore. The devs can make a button next to a particular skill that says something like "Reclaim" and "Reclaim this skill." When I click the "Reclaim" button, it brings my critical boost back to level 6 and adds the gems it took to get CB to level 7 to my total gem balance. When I click the "Reclaim this skill" button, it automatically unlocks that skill but then gives all the gems I used from CB level 1-7 back to my total gem balance.
I believe this would be an ideal solution; if a reclaim button was created the developers would not be spammed with emails asking for gem refunds and players would have their gems refunded.