Lowering the cost of skills and skins - UPDATED

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.

Do you support my suggestion?

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes: 8

Furry

Lowering the cost of skills and skins - UPDATED

Post by Furry » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:46 pm

Skills and skins are extremely expensive. The cheapest skin costs $19.99 worth of gems and has no effect on gameplay besides the appearance of your wolf. Low level skills cost a reasonable amount of gems but when you begin upgrading your skills it quickly becomes expensive. I believe the reason there are a lot of hackers is because the game is beginning to feel like a pay to play game. Speaking from personal experience I can not PvP anymore without getting killed every time because I can not afford to upgrade my skills a lot.

Lower the cost of skins or add a boast to the skins so skins give you a small advantage.

Example:

Mighty Wolf/Silver Wolf: 500 gems or 5% damage boast

Siberian Wolf/Timber Wolf: 1000 gems or 10% damage boast

Frost Wolf/Fire Wolf/Poison Wolf: 2000 gems or 20% damage boast

Lower the cost to upgrade skills. We should not have to pay hundreds of dollars worth of gems to upgrade our skills.

UPDATE: People who have already upgraded skills and purchased skins: Have an option to “lock” skills and skins - it will have the opposite effect of unlocking something. When a skill or skin is “locked” all the gems spent on it will be returned and the skill or skin will remain locked until it is unlocked again.
Last edited by Furry on Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

Unrealisation

Re: Lowering the cost of skills and skins

Post by Unrealisation » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:16 am

Just remember that expensive skins mean fewer people will buy/earn them, therefore making such skin rarer. It wouldn't feel so special to own one of them when it's quite common.

However, I do think that spending $100 for a single (fire/frost/poison) skin is slightly overboard...but people are willing to pay for them as you can see in the game.

And if the devs do decide to lower the cost of these skins, what about the people who have already paid for it before the skins prices are reduced? Would they get some extra gems/refund? How many players would the devs have to compensate? The same thing applies to lowering skills prices.

Having perks to skins wouldn't be as messy as reducing the costs of current skins.
cнocoнolιc, ѕĸaтιng enтнυѕιaѕт, and ѕervanт тo мυlтιple caтѕ.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ @ᴍᴀᴊᴇsᴛɪᴄ.ᴛᴇᴍᴘ
ᴅɪᴤᴄᴏʀᴅ #2795

Furry

Re: Lowering the cost of skills and skins

Post by Furry » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:11 am

Unrealisation wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:16 am
And if the devs do decide to lower the cost of these skins, what about the people who have already paid for it before the skins prices are reduced? Would they get some extra gems/refund? How many players would the devs have to compensate? The same thing applies to lowering skills prices.
This is a good point. I updated my post with a possibility of how to compensate for spent gems. :)

Watermelonz4life2234

Re: Lowering the cost of skills and skins - UPDATED

Post by Watermelonz4life2234 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:45 pm

Furry wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:46 pm
Skills and skins are extremely expensive. The cheapest skin costs $19.99 worth of gems and has no effect on gameplay besides the appearance of your wolf. Low level skills cost a reasonable amount of gems but when you begin upgrading your skills it quickly becomes expensive. I believe the reason there are a lot of hackers is because the game is beginning to feel like a pay to play game. Speaking from personal experience I can not PvP anymore without getting killed every time because I can not afford to upgrade my skills a lot.

Lower the cost of skins or add a boast to the skins so skins give you a small advantage.

Example:

Mighty Wolf/Silver Wolf: 500 gems or 5% damage boast

Siberian Wolf/Timber Wolf: 1000 gems or 10% damage boast

Frost Wolf/Fire Wolf/Poison Wolf: 2000 gems or 20% damage boast

Lower the cost to upgrade skills. We should not have to pay hundreds of dollars worth of gems to upgrade our skills.

UPDATE: People who have already upgraded skills and purchased skins: Have an option to “lock” skills and skins - it will have the opposite effect of unlocking something. When a skill or skin is “locked” all the gems spent on it will be returned and the skill or skin will remain locked until it is unlocked again.
I agree, but the skins should cost more than only 2k gems