Searching for players you know by name

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
Midnight Lightning

Searching for players you know by name

Post by Midnight Lightning »

I think there should be a way to search for players by name. Right now if you don’t have their email or user Id (which is too long to memorize) and the player your looking for is not on your friends list then you can’t send them a friend request until you see them again online which may not happen for a while. Also if you accidentally delete someone from your friends list you can find them to refrained them.

Crowvus

Re: Searching for players you know by name

Post by Crowvus »

This COULD work except for the fact many, and I mean many users go by the same name. Although some names are very unique and or may be in a pack so they can easily be pointed out, some do not. For example I see the name "Fang" and "Luna" a lot. Nothing special to it, no letters, no nothing. So if your friend has a very plain name and you attempted to search them you would have to add hundreds of people just to find out who they are. Like I said, a lot of people do have unique names because of packs, or to just differ themselves.. this does not count for all. Not to mention your friend could change their name at any given time. So if you lost them and attempted to search for them there's no promises they didn't change it. I know plenty of people who use playful names and change them often. So unless there was a certain quirk added that really set this function where searching a name pulled up only the one correct user- it would only work 50/50.

HOWEVER, if users registered and had to have an actual username then this would absolutely work! That way you could search them but they could also choose whatever in game name they wanted. (The username and in game name would be two separate things.) :lol:
Look passed people's mistakes, or better yet, look PAST them. So you can live in the present.

NightShadow20

Post by NightShadow20 »

I agree, there needs to be something done about this whole use Player ID or email. I’m trying to get back in touch with a friend that I met a couple of days ago and ha e been playing with for a while. I shut my phone off for the night and woke up the next morning heartbroken because my phone deleted the app and data. Now I can’t find or add him to my friends list. I only know his username and nothing else. This is just opinion: add username to the list please. It would helpful for me and millions of players around the world to know that we can reconnect with friends if something like what happened to me happened to them.

NightShadow

Wolfbanegod

Post by Wolfbanegod »

Midnight Lightning wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:46 pm
I think there should be a way to search for players by name. Right now if you don’t have their email or user Id (which is too long to memorize) and the player your looking for is not on your friends list then you can’t send them a friend request until you see them again online which may not happen for a while. Also if you accidentally delete someone from your friends list you can find them to refrained them.
Love the idea love it. 👍👏
Riptide

Midnight Lightning

I know it won’t work all the time but it could work the majority of the time. You would know your friend unless it’s a super plain name. ( either by level or any tag on thier name, etc)

If it’s a plain name and you add anybody th at comes up usually anyone that doesn’t know you won’t add you and you can still use process of elimination to find who your looking for. But most people are searching for someone without a plain name and with a name they would recognize mabey don’t include plain names in the search. Or when you type in a name it gives you a list to pick from that also shows which wolf, level, and gender they are.

You could also have maybe like afriends list history.
Last edited by Midnight Lightning on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Midnight Lightning

There could be a trial period where we search by name to see how it works.

Please use soon

Wolfbanegod

Post by Wolfbanegod »

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:02 pm
There could be a trial period where we search by name to see how it works.

Please use soon

You wanna know something funny lol. My mind just clicked. You Name Midnight lightning was a character idea of mine I wanted to make in a book in about 2014. People didnt like it lol. Cause it sounded discriminatory lol. I was trying to be. But it was cool name for a character and to shoot black lightning bolts lol. Sorry your forum name reminded me of that moment in life.
Riptide

Midnight Lightning

No problem riptide :).

You should still try writing that book.

Black lightning bolts sounds like a cool power they could be death bolts that do serious damage and stun the enemy.

WildNarnianAnimal

Post by WildNarnianAnimal »

Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:46 pm
Yes, good idea...it would be awesome... Please, do it! :)
Dark Wolf
Lvl 50

*The dreams come true*