Hi

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
booper

Hi

Post by booper »

Hi. I'm booper.

Just figured I would throw my two cents in here. I think and I may be incorrect, but the objective of this game is to well, simulate a wolf, right? Well I was in a room the other day and there was this wolf who was twirling around like a ballerina, but was shooting fire as well.

This really really breaks immersion. Would it be possible to contemplate the restructuring of skills? I mean, I can only suspend my disbelief to a certain extent. Healing skill? Sure ok. Movement skill? Yeah, why not. Charging skill? Yes please. Fire ballerina skill? No please. At least change the animation or something.

I was really attracted to this game (and I still really enjoy it) because I thought it would be an RPG without all the fancy fantasy-fluff spells, and I'm starting to see that that might not be the case. The more fantasy spells you add, the closer we're getting to becoming just a regular MMORPG that's available for download. This one just happens to be reskinned to make our character a wolf.

Don't get mad pls. Just my two cents. All things considered, I'm having a LOT of fun. Well done, devs.

Illvminati

Re: Hi

Post by Illvminati »

booper wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:53 pm
there was this wolf who was twirling around like a ballerina, but was shooting fire as well.

This really really breaks immersion.
Hahaha I laughed out loud when I read that. Yes, I thought the same when I first come across it :lol:. It was refreshing to find a wolf simulator that seemed quite realistic and that "twirling Ballerina" or fire dance, really broke the immersion and annoyed me.

I remember at the time, it seemed very powerful too... but it's not. Once you reach level 40, you'll never see it again.
The problem with that move is that you can't bite while it's active, whereas other moves let you bite at the same time. It's therefore not very good.

There are some other moves, like ice spikes, poison or a hurricane... but I have come to accept these as part of the game, part of the fun and I honestly don't mind them anymore. I was like you, so who knows, you may forgive these things as you level up.

It's very rare for me to see someone use it (because it's not very good); however, whenever I see someone do that fire ballerina dance twirl I laugh so much, because it's ridiculous. It's funny (at their expense) and it's about having fun after all, so it works for me as a bit of comic relief... but I would never use it myself, unless I was trolling :lol:

I recommend that you save your gems (it will be hard to resist) and spend them on one of the later skills. See what works best for you. Poison, ice and hurricane are the wiser choices, though... hurricane is very expensive to upgrade.

Good luck, I hope you endure :D
IN-GAME NAMES: .ILLVMINATIl lll ll lllll llll ll

STEAM PROFILE: . . http://steamcommunity.com/id/illvminati

Konan

Post by Konan »

Haha your soo wrong :D
I did maths about this quite a long time and found out its pretty strong on lv 10
220% Damage each spin, and its wayyyy cheaper than hurricane or venom :P
I just upgraded it to 6 :D
In-game: Konan, NaNa, Wild Child
Stats: Hp 112 Atk 121 Def & Speed MAX
Pack: None

Illvminati

Post by Illvminati »

Konan wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 10:44 am
Haha your soo wrong :D
I did maths about this quite a long time and found out its pretty strong on lv 10
220% Damage each spin, and its wayyyy cheaper than hurricane or venom :P
I just upgraded it to 6 :D
Poison (venom) and ice (frost bite) are really good and I don't know how they compare to Flame Spin, because my venom and frost bite are maxed. These are the basic skills.

Hurricane is of course a special skill (different catagory), I was just advising him to wait and see which seems best for him, after he's seen it all in action so that he knows what to spend his gems on.

In the Basic skill category, I would personally still say that Venom is the best, however it depends on the situation.
What makes frost bite good is that once your wolf has more health points, you can use frost bite twice during a single duel because it only has a 24 second cooldown time.
The problem with Flame-Spin is that you can't attack while its active, so during those 4 seconds you could have bit someone 3 or 4 times (300 to 400 damage), which can be quite a lot during a close 1 versus 1 duel.
IN-GAME NAMES: .ILLVMINATIl lll ll lllll llll ll

STEAM PROFILE: . . http://steamcommunity.com/id/illvminati

AlbertoJVD22294

Post by AlbertoJVD22294 »

I agree skills should be revisited. I do however enjoy the fantasy aspect with the skills but would like to see them implemented in a more natural way. For example, the speed buff skill is a circle around the wolf, I would rather see streaks of air or effects emanating from the wolf as he runs kind of representing he air. I don't like how the tornado works, just because air wouldn't really flow around a wolf like that, maybe change it to an aura instead, eminating from the wolf. I know it's all fantasy but it can still look natural and realistic :)