More PvP Modes & Team Balance

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
Unrealisation

More PvP Modes & Team Balance

Post by Unrealisation »

Most of the time when I join a PvP room, the majority of players are just standing, doing nothing. Because of this, I would start to attack random players to initiate a war. The discrepancies between a weak and a strong player are also problematic. When you're too powerful, you find the game boring and repetitive; when you're too weak, you don't enjoy it. The key is to create a middle ground for all the players. I suggest adding additional PvP modes. Most of these ideas are from other games such as PUBG or COD.

To implement these ideas and ensure fairness, there must first be a working system in place to report and ban all hackers/cheaters, as well as a matchmaking system that ensures fairness and uniformity (see the bottom for more thoughts on this).

I will add more modes when I've thought about all the little details needed to make it practical/necessary to implement and not turn into a completely new game.

Hangout Mode
This is the normal mode, the one that we have now. You join random rooms or a friend's room. You can stand there and do nothing, talk, fight, play as you wish. There is no time limit. The matching system would be as it is right now.

Team Deathmatch
The classic two-team fight to the death, with a limit of 10 minutes, and the first team to reach 50 kills wins (these numbers can change). When you select this mode, you get matched randomly. Now, the game matching system has to be fairly good for this all to work out. I would argue that this is the hardest part to code, and the players' experiences reside heavily on how fair the matching system is.

Each member of the winning team gets rewards of XPs if they're below level 50, coins, and perhaps 1-10 gems. There wouldn't be exclusive rewards given to the alpha of each team to prevent the possibility of wanting to steal each other's kills within a team. Once you leave your den, you may not run/howl back and heal yourself again. The den is where you respawn with full health, but unlike the hangout mode, it's not a "safe place," meaning the other team can attack you in your den after 5 seconds of respawning. When you're respawning, you are rendered invisible to the other team. This idea is to prevent the entire team from staying inside their den and do nothing, ruining the whole match.

You can use tactics such as hiding, running, skill loading, etc. Other teams can block your port if you're the alpha, so you have to pick the appropriate timing and location to create a port for your team. That's part of the game challenge. All players' locations are shown on the mini-map.

Free-For-All
No friends here, only enemies. Everyone is out to kill everyone. 8 players in a server with a scoreboard similar to the coop scoreboard. Perhaps even bump it up to 10 players, depending on how much the server can handle.

Now, the devs can choose to implement one or both of these options.
A. Be the first reach to get X number of kills in Y minutes to win or
B. Get the highest kill number at the end of Y minutes and come out a champion.

Rewards for the winner would be additional coins, XPS, and/or gems.

From my perspective, team balance has two main factors:

Fairness: the two teams have roughly equal chances of winning.

In order to determine whether a game is fair, we need a measure of the averaged attributes/skills of a team. But this choice might not be sufficient enough to capture the team dynamics in many applications. Depending on how much of an impact a high attributes/skills player can have on a team, a team with one high attributes/skills player and many low attributes/skills players might have a good chance or almost no chance of winning against a team with moderate attributes/skills players.

Uniformity: where there is not much deviation between the best and worst players in the server.
Even though a game is fair, it might still not be fun for all the players involved. If a game involves players with a wide variety of skill/attribute levels, players with low skills/attributes might feel that they are just being strung along by the more skilled/high attributes players rather than controlling the flow of the game and enjoying themselves. Similarly, a low skill/attribute player in a game of mostly high skills/attributes players might feel demoralized, or anger their teammates.

You can see how the current matchmaking system of the game lacks both fairness and uniformity (especially when you're a level 50). Still, one thing it does an exceptional job at is the waiting period to enter a server---which only takes a few seconds. As a result, there is a greater imbalance when it comes to team matchmaking and the player uniformity overall in a server. This leads me to think that once you level up to 50, the wolf's matchmaking system is entirely random in regards to your attributes and skills. My suggestion if the devs ever add a new PvP mode: keep the matchmaking system that we have now for the old PvP mode and implement a new matchmaking system for the new PvP mode. This way, players with all kinds of attributes and skills can still hang out together in the old PvP mode.
Last edited by Unrealisation on Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 10 times in total.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

Skyres

Re: More PvP Modes

Post by Skyres »

Maybe introduce a mist or something what make the radar/map unusable and visibility low so it's actually possible to ambush.

Kim89

Post by Kim89 »

Hiii , best game ever ♥️
I have suggestions 😁
Up new one new skill but different for all , I know we are too many players but maybe a few different . Extra att skill, heal, shield . But different for everyone , this will make PvP much more fun ♥️
Love you

Skyres

Post by Skyres »

Kim89 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 am
Hiii , best game ever ♥️
I have suggestions 😁
Up new one new skill but different for all , I know we are too many players but maybe a few different . Extra att skill, heal, shield . But different for everyone , this will make PvP much more fun ♥️
Love you
Hmmm...Do you get to choose it? Because I disagree if everyone just get assigned one random skill, some might find it useful while others just have an extra useless skill and that's just unfair. Or... There are four players per team in pvp so maybe each get assigned one temporary skill that's only for that game. (health/def/attack/speed)

Kim89

Post by Kim89 »

I think all will be helpful .
Like if you have extra shield skills but I have extra heal , or another attacking skill. In different way but all helps 🤷

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

Skyres wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:58 am
Maybe introduce a mist or something what make the radar/map unusable and visibility low so it's actually possible to ambush.
That’d be mysterious amazing, especially with the day-night cycle coming up!
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

LoboRaptor

Post by LoboRaptor »

Hello, I saw that there are still players with 20,000 lives or more, I would like the pairing to be better, for example, that the players do not exceed your statistics.

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

LoboRaptor wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:17 am
Hello, I saw that there are still players with 20,000 lives or more, I would like the pairing to be better, for example, that the players do not exceed your statistics.
The thing is which statistics: HP, attack, or skills? For instance, a player can have low HP but extremely high attack or extremely high skill levels. They would still be considered overpowered. And then there are players with high HP with very low attack or skill levels and they could still be a good match for you. So I guess this is where the challenge comes in with the matching system.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

Skyres

Post by Skyres »

Unrealisation wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:09 am
LoboRaptor wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:17 am
The thing is which statistics: HP, attack, or skills? For instance, a player can have low HP but extremely high attack or extremely high skill levels. They would still be considered overpowered. And then there are players with high HP with very low attack or skill levels and they could still be a good match for you. So I guess this is where the challenge comes in with the matching system.
A suggestion here: ignore the skills, do the average between hp and attack? For example a player with 200hp and 100 attack will be sorted into an stat150 room. And the total stat of players in a team must have less than 30 difference to the other team?

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

Skyres wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:04 am
A suggestion here: ignore the skills, do the average between hp and attack? For example, a player with 200hp and 100 attack will be sorted into a stat150 room. And the total stat of players in a team must have less than 30 difference to the other team?
Actually that's not a bad idea if we just simplify things down a notch and ignore the skills because players who have paid or played longer should and would get an advantage in this area. Perhaps we can average all the attributes (x/4), thinking in terms of players below level 50 too. Also, there would be no option for team switch if we add new modes as I have suggested, and it will take longer to properly match.

The stat room could be something like x <= y <= z. Where x is the lowest averaged stat allowed in that server, and z is the highest averaged stat allowed in that server (because it's rare for two or more players to have exact stat average, using 150 as an example).

If the red team has more than # difference allowed then the system could take additional time to rearrange players on both teams.

It's not going to be a perfect matching system but definitely more fair than the current system.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017