The Wolf 1.9 update - Day & Night

All important updates and information about The Wolf.
Rogue
Site Admin

The Wolf 1.9 update - Day & Night

Post by Rogue »

The long awaited Day & Night update is finally here! The Wolf 1.9 is now available on Google Play and the App Store. 🐺

We've been working remotely for some time now, which caused even bigger delays in our workflow. We're back on track now, working on new features for you! :) We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Hope you enjoy this update & stay safe! ❤️

Release notes:
  • Day & Night cycle with nocturnal animals
  • Improved reward sharing for killing prey with other players.
    - Bugs that cause you not to receive a reward even after dealing significant damage won't happen as often.
    - You'll get a bigger part of the reward when you deal small damage to a big animal - we hope that hunting big prey will be more profitable for weaker wolves.
    - Changed the gem reward for a few of the champions - some medium strength champ rewards got reduced and some strong ones were increased
  • Daily Quest system changes:
    - Quest icons depicting quest goals/animals have been added
    - Quests will now sometimes give XP as a reward. Not for level 50 players - duuuh ;)
    - You can now go to a desired map from quest info popup (Showing where the target animal appears)
    - Quest rewards should now be more adequate to quest difficulty. They are still random but difficult quests (with strong animals or champions) will have better rewards on average than the easy ones.
  • Added confirmation popup when buying skins to prevent unintentional purchases
  • Added sound when purchasing skins
  • Added confirmation popup when logging in
  • Premium account purchase experience improved
    - Added information that premium unlocks additional quest slot
    - Added popup informing that you've successfully purchased Premium
  • Removed interrupt from all traps
    - We’re aiming to make all skills a viable part of the meta. Traps didn't do a great job as they were pretty much useless in coop and hard to use in pvp. Now it will still take some time to place a trap, so that you can run away from an oponent placing it, but they won’t be interrupted while receiving damage.
    - Freezing Trap cooldown increased to 18s.
  • Leave Before Death detection extended
    - More actions leading to LBD should now be detected
  • Rewarded video offers for extra resources
  • Another batch of anti-cheat improvements.

nightmare3

Re: The Wolf 1.9 update - Day & Night

Post by nightmare3 »

Hey, there!

I'd just like to take the time to thank you all for your continued work upon this app. The wait was definitely worth it. :geek:

Thank you,
From XAPSF5Nightmare

SomLynx

Post by SomLynx »

Heya gang

Thanks for the new update, love it!
There’s a serious issue brewing with the player ID and friends lists loading. It’s not identifying the players. Players are panicking.

SoulXViciousSlayerPSKá
Global Admin

Rogue
Site Admin

Post by Rogue »

Sorry about that. We're looking into it! I don't think it will take too long to fix.

Wolfwolf

Post by Wolfwolf »

Game not load, we cant enter 😥

MUIEPSD

Post by MUIEPSD »

Freezing breath, frost nova and life steal still fails in co-op. You really can't fix that? Happy there is no zero reward when killing champs tho. But why you change the reward waty to get gems? Why not keep it like it was before the big update?

Rogue
Site Admin

Post by Rogue »

The issue with Player ID & friends should be fixed now! Let us know if it persists.

nightmare3

Post by nightmare3 »

Hey, I hate to be the voice of doom but...

I play on an Alactel Pop 4 Smartphone (yeah, it's a pretty old model - but since the update that I've currently had the time to play fully - it's been lagging like crazy (and I'm used to lagging on my phone :lol: )

I was wondering if there is a way that I can uninstall the latest update for now, so that I can get back to playing while I wait for it to get fixed...

Thanks in advance!

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

My thoughts on the update:
  • On my iPhone 11 and iPad, the gameplay is extremely smooth like before, no lag.
  • I love the added water effect. It feels like I'm gliding through the water whenever I go into it. The sound effect is also pleasant.
  • The day-night cycle itself is seamless, making coop relaxing. Night animals are adorable (owls, bats, scorpions). The artists should be proud! ;)
  • Wolf skins are more vibrant and, in my opinion, better looking than before for dark-skinned wolves (poison, fire, and black wolves).
  • I haven't fully explored the gem sharing aspect, but should any problem still persist I will bring it up.
  • This wasn't a problem before, but for the past couple of days, I've seen people farm in coop a lot. I don't mind, but it annoys me when I see people get aggressive because another person "steals" the champ they were previously farming on.
  • Skills not registering is still a major issue, particularly freezing breath.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

rain

Post by rain »

Unrealisation wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:11 pm
  • I haven't fully explored the gem sharing aspect, but should any problem still persist I will bring it up.
From what I have observed there are improvements to it, with an extremely rare chance of getting 1 gem like before(i haven't seen anyone get this)
@prettymuchtemporary

rain/cyne