Personal History With The Wolf

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
AlphaWolf1

Personal History With The Wolf

Post by AlphaWolf1 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:09 pm

I have started playing this game around a month it was out and in that two years (It is been out for two years now right? I'm not that good at keeping track :lol: ) and in that time within a quite a few or more months of leaving the game, I came back to it with new maps, realising that I was level 29 and that had took me like a year so I gave it another try and found my self rising in levels.
In a week, I was already level 33, majorly improving my skills and had found a few people to grind with. After that, I met a lot of people and even found most of my old friends still playing the game. After the first month since I started, I was level 45 and grinding in PvP and again met at least 10 people who I still have friended and sometimes grind with on my way to level 50. PvP got way easier after reaching level 44 and in the same day I leveled up to 46. The next week I reached 48 and had to quit PvP for it had become impossible to compete in due to the lack of people who were below 50 in level. I went to my second choice of pick COOP in my favorite map, Wild Tundra.
What jeeps me still into the game is that it just gives me a chance to relax and just rest all my problems aside and it has become some form of entertainment in the last week or so.

Now I am level 49 and halfway to 50 with the stats of Health: 62, Attack:62, Defence: 60 (Max), Speed: 60 (Max).

I'd love to hear everyone's journey through the game and what keeps you attached to this game
IGN:Alpha Shadow
Level:49
ID:2606150
Dicord:AlphaWolf1#0889
KiK:AlphaWolf091
Gmail:alphawolf0191@gmail.com
Google+:Alpha Wolf1

Furry Sausage

Re: Personal History With The Wolf

Post by Furry Sausage » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:46 pm

I am only a casual gamer since I have lots of other hobbies and find only a handful of games interesting. So I guess I am rather inexperienced at this sort of thing. These actually were my first online multiplayer games ever. I began playing The Wolf a couple months ago after playing The Tiger Online Simulator exclusively in coop for a couple of months, eventually reaching Level 50 and suddenly losing the interest completely because it no longer showed me how much XP I got after killing animals, and the only feedback for killing anything I got were the gems from the champs, and the maps became completely boring to navigate. And I did not socialize at all, pretty much, I think there were only a couple of times when people chatted with me briefly. However, up to that point it was quite fun for me, so I decided to try the other similar games from the same developer, and the maps in The Wolf seemed quite a bit better than The Tiger so I started playing it, expecting to have the same kind of experience all over again. But it turned out to be way better than this. I discovered that the PVP, which I never even tried in The Tiger, is actually very fun, and rather quickly grinded my way up to Level 35, at which point the game suddenly became very hard and I thought I would quit it. But I kept playing anyway, and after grinding up to about Level 40 it suddenly became very satisfying again, so I had a wonderful time in PVP up to Level 45. Getting the Freezing Breath after all of this effort felt amazing to me. Also, the totems skills update came along when I was about Level 37 or so, so it became more interesting and challenging for me at that point because of that. But then I saw for myself what Level 50 rooms were like in PVP, and decided I would not want to level up any further as much as possible. Surprisingly, the game was still fun for me at that point because it unexpectedly went into the christmas mode, I liked the overall in-game atmosphere even more, the gaudy ornaments and finding the presents, and I also began having lots of fun with other players and helping them out as well. I think I got about 10 extra points for each attribute bringing them up to about 56 (I simply upgrade them uniformly across all attributes and this strategy appears to work pretty well) and some skills upgrades due to all the presents that I collected, so my wolf still got a lot stronger despite not leveling up at all and not spending any money. At this point I could kill pretty much anyone in 1v1, but only did so when I really felt like doing it.

Though about a week ago the christmas mode ended, and apparently so did my interest in playing this game, for now. There just is not a lot I would still want to do with it at this point, I think I will just hang around a bit because I still like the atmosphere for some reason, and next updates to the game might hopefully make it interesting for me once again. Some friends who progressed past Level 47 while I purposefully remained at Level 45 did not seem to be very happy about it either. Looks like the PVP in Level 50 rooms will just be unrewarding forever unless I buy a lot of gems, but then again, even if I do that I think I will still end up with nothing else interesting to do in this game.

As a last thing for now, I created a second account (setting it up in the Private Mode on my phone so switching between them is very convenient, I do not to have log out and log in all the time) and played it all over from the beginning, leveling my second wolf up to Level 35 in just about a week. It was pretty easy all along, and up to about Level 15 it was a piece of cake. I think the initial coop took me, like, 15 minutes to reach Level 5 by simply attacking the closest animals on the map and only dying a couple of times in the process. And I have not even seen a third of the map before leaving it for PVP. Then the low-level PVP was a piece of cake as well because most of other players at these levels have no idea how to play it and often you just kill them while they run away. And in between levels 15 to 35 the game appears to be pretty easy and fun as well, what I would do is overstay in the rooms to easily get couple of extra levels, so I would begin the higher level rooms at a medium level rathar than at the lowest compared to other players, and it would not be as difficult. I also socialized quite a bit and helped out some other players in coop the second time around, so it was unexpectedly interesting for me this way as well. But then again, after reaching Level 35 on the second account a couple of days ago I have lost all interest completely because I just would not want to do the challenge of grinding up to about Level 40 when it apparently might become fun for me again. I have much better things to do with my time anyway. Looks like Level 35 is actually the point in game when you would benefit the most from buying a moderate amount of gems to upgrade the attributes, so that your strength becomes average in the room and you would have a good time in PVP for a dozen more levels before essentially reaching the end of it as far as enjoying the current version of the game is concerned, that is what I would recommend to do for players similar to myself who do not have the patience to grind their way up to about Level 40 naturally but still want to enjoy the game after Level 35.

So, basically this is my story with The Wolf. I guess I came into it at a rather lucky time, and everyone's experience with it will be different, I just thought to share mine. Playing it had been a wonderful experience for me, I did not really expect it to be so fun, and hopefully these games will have a lot more to offer later on.

rain

Post by rain » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:56 am

I suck at remembering dates too but I think I started around June-July 2017. When I first stared the game, I was afraid of the PVP selection on the right because I thought everyone would be overpowered so I stuck the the selection on the left - COOP. Now starting the game, I did not like playing in large groups on COOP since it made my game laggy but I enjoyed the interaction. I remember I had no idea what the howl was for - the spawn howl and port howl. I was howling ridiculously with no idea what I was doing. When I killed my first animal, I stood and waited till it disappeared lol. I thought I had to in order to get the points.

Skipping to my first time in PVP, around lvl 15. I liked it so I played it more. That's all I can say. I also was kind of one of those 'dirty players' as a lot of people did it and I had no idea what I was doing, again.

I also got every skill I as I progressed to the max wolf lvl, 40 at that time. It's one of my regrets that I didn't focus on a set of skills. Eventually since everyone was stuck on lvl 40 including myself, I started to stray away from the game due to lost of interest. Then I came back like I always do with games and started playing in COOP more often(I started playing mainly in PVP before). That's when I started to focus on my attack. I occasionally upped my hp. I was 5k for quite a while and I kinda wish I stayed that number but oh well. I eventually got up to 7k and have been there since, for way too long.
cyne; rain; cyii
Art insta: @cyne__
Wolf insta: @cynelime

White Fang 1
Location: California, United States. Firefighter, USMC Mos 2651

Post by White Fang 1 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:08 am

AlphaWolf1 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:09 pm
I have started playing this game around a month it was out and in that two years (It is been out for two years now right? I'm not that good at keeping track :lol: ) and in that time within a quite a few or more months of leaving the game, I came back to it with new maps, realising that I was level 29 and that had took me like a year so I gave it another try and found my self rising in levels.
In a week, I was already level 33, majorly improving my skills and had found a few people to grind with. After that, I met a lot of people and even found most of my old friends still playing the game. After the first month since I started, I was level 45 and grinding in PvP and again met at least 10 people who I still have friended and sometimes grind with on my way to level 50. PvP got way easier after reaching level 44 and in the same day I leveled up to 46. The next week I reached 48 and had to quit PvP for it had become impossible to compete in due to the lack of people who were below 50 in level. I went to my second choice of pick COOP in my favorite map, Wild Tundra.
What jeeps me still into the game is that it just gives me a chance to relax and just rest all my problems aside and it has become some form of entertainment in the last week or so.

Now I am level 49 and halfway to 50 with the stats of Health: 62, Attack:62, Defence: 60 (Max), Speed: 60 (Max).

I'd love to hear everyone's journey through the game and what keeps you attached to this game
Same. Stared about the same time but still behind in levels. :lol:
Started playing in Sep 8, 2017 IGN: White Fang
KIK: White_Fang_1
Answer Most questions.

Ignis

Post by Ignis » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:40 pm

Well, I started playing summer 2017(a week before the lvl50 update), it was the same summer I graduated from school and was studying to get a driving license. I had nothing better to do so, I spent a lot of time playing and reached level 50 in three weeks. I remember I had very low hp and speed because I put everything in defense and attack. I didn’t know that 60 was max defense at that time, so I thought if I upgraded it a lot I would be almost immortal lol. Anyway, I had 4K hp for a long time as I put everything on attack.

I also remembered when I ended up at different servers, I’m from EU and back then you couldn’t pick server. I made a lot of great friends who unfortunately quit playing a year ago. I only keep contact with a few of them today.

I kept playing a lot of time on the game and I focused on grinding in COOP, I only went PvP with friends. I remember I didn’t go PvP until level 45 or something, but I got killed a lot so I stuck to COOP... However, I grew fast and when I had raised my attack I dared to go PvP too, which is where I made one of my greatest friends. Back then I believed myself to be weak, but I found out later through a friend that I had made a name for myself back then, and everyone knew of this wolf with low hp and insane attack (When 120+ attack was great).

I joined different packs, met new players, but I continued to focus on grinding in COOP, I had this goal to max all my attributes because I thought it would be cool. However, the game grew more hostile and I felt more stressed just going on to play, there was just so much drama. My attributes were already pretty high and I had reached to a point where upgrading once took a week, and that was when I decided to “retire” from the game.

That’s pretty much my history with The Wolf game.
gαмιиg σтαкυ
“Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many.”

PharaohSabre

Post by PharaohSabre » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:58 pm

Aww geez, where do I even start... I've been here a looooong time. Long before PvP changed to let you talk to enemies, the new skins/maps and the introduction of Champions.

It must have been late 2016 when I found The Wolf, I was looking for an animal simulator that didn't just consist of raising an endless family in a single player setting or just running around a dodgy little city as a loose animal being a menace to society. I don't think I knew the forum existed either. I played almost daily, mostly in co-op as I remember being terrified of PVP until level 20 or so. I played until I reached level 40 and when there were no levels beyond that I got bored and took a long break. Had about 3000 total hp.

Fast forward to August 2017 and there are new skills, a friend system, ten more levels, animals that give out gems when you kill em and a much... MUCH younger, more vocal, dramatic and annoying playerbase. -Sigh- A culture shock to say the least. Thankfully along with this has come the mute option so that's great as well. I don't think there were new maps yet, because even at level 45 or higher I do remember waiting a few days for the other three to unlock themselves.
The Champion Thief

Pay-to-win =/= Strong