Game controller help or advice

Here's the place where you can ask for help and post your questions!
imdawolfman

Game controller help or advice

Post by imdawolfman » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:54 am

I'm having trouble programming (xpadder) my controller (Logitech F310) to have my wolf do variable speeds. Using ingame mouse control you can vary the distance of the pointer while holding down L. buttion in relation to the pad symbol.

I would like to also have a dignified walk instead of always running like an idiot everywhere I go.
Thanks - imdawolfman

yakuza

Re: Game controller help or advice

Post by yakuza » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:02 am

imdawolfman wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:54 am
I'm having trouble programming (xpadder) my controller (Logitech F310) to have my wolf do variable speeds. Using ingame mouse control you can vary the distance of the pointer while holding down L. buttion in relation to the pad symbol.
Hey, I'm afraid right now it's not doable. Game does not support any game controllers, so probably right now your pad sends to game codes understood by game as keyboard arrows, and they work as you described - they pull in-game joystick as far as possible.
/Y

Wolf #1826083

imdawolfman

Post by imdawolfman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:33 am

I'm sure it can be done, the controller mapping progs (joy2key, xpadder, etc.) are pretty sofisticated, whereas I am not. I've even mapped a cool victory dance routine :)

Thanks for the reply.

yakuza

Post by yakuza » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:48 am

Well - what I mean is that game does not currently expect any intermediary input, instead everything is bound to finger moving on screen. So there is nothing that controller could send to game to work as you expect. Actually you can use keyboard arrows and it will work, but unfortunately it works as you wrote above.
/Y

Wolf #1826083