Animals within coop rooms

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
rain

Animals within coop rooms

Post by rain » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:50 am

"Modified the way animal respawns work. Now you can find all types of animals that can appear on given map on every server you join."

This was a part of the recent update and although it is expected to have a positive influence on gameplay in coop, it has been quite the opposite for many players including myself. Majority of the animals that spawn are the larger animals, like aurochs, rhinos, elephants, giant crocs. The issue with this, is that this also reduces the amount of gems there are(a rather big issue with coop). These animals have the rarest champs and fill up pretty much all of the map. This is also due to the fact that people chose to kill the smaller animals like yaks instead. So yes, allowing choice has worked. But with the fact that there are so many animals with rare champs, players are forced to rely on smaller champs and quests(which can give quite unfair rewards at times).

The factor of the old animal type system was that people had a better choice of what kind of animals they wanted to kill. The only difference would be the better consistency of those animals. This choice is influenced by strength mainly. The rooms were more organised. Yaks and crocs together, elephants and aurochs together. There was usually a general range of strength. I assume the new system is to reduce room hopping but really it just makes players dislike coop.

The only reason I would find the new system okay is if the animals didn't chase you for a longer period of time. This prevents the throwing of bites and skills which many smaller players use to have an advantage when playing in coop.

Additionally, it seems that the spawn rate is still slow, which only adds on to the frustration of coop. The most recently added map is generally fine, but other maps need some work.
cyne; rain

yakuza

Re: Animals within coop rooms

Post by yakuza » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:32 pm

rain wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:50 am
The only reason I would find the new system okay is if the animals didn't chase you for a longer period of time. This prevents the throwing of bites and skills which many smaller players use to have an advantage when playing in coop.
Does it happen on maps other than Legend Mountains?
/Y

Wolf #1826083

rain

Post by rain » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:54 am

yakuza wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:32 pm
rain wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:50 am
Does it happen on maps other than Legend Mountains?
Yes it occurs throughout all of the maps
cyne; rain

yakuza

Post by yakuza » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:40 pm

rain wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:54 am
Ok, got it, thank you for help, it'll be fixed soon!
/Y

Wolf #1826083

rain

Post by rain » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:50 pm

yakuza wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:40 pm
rain wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:54 am
Ok, got it, thank you for help, it'll be fixed soon!
Thank you! I appreciate your consideration
cyne; rain