Pack Bounty needs to change

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
Itsnotmeitsyou

Pack Bounty needs to change

Post by Itsnotmeitsyou »

I'm not sure where to put this. Suggestions maybe? I dont know.
Anyway. The pack bounty is really frustrating. Not everyone is in a huge pack. My friend and I (we play together for hours a day) are in a pack. Just the two of us, and would really like to keep it that way.
WHY do pack bounties go by rank? Rank has nothing to do with it. It's all about quests, and how many can get done. So having only two in a pack, we barely get to the second reward. And now, my friends' premium is gone (I'm def not getting another again just to get to the second prize) there's zero chance to even get there.

So, what's the point then? The prize isn't even worth it at all.

In what world does it make sense to go by rank and not number of people in a pack for this type of thing? Explain to me if I'm missing something.

Thanks

itssBlue

Re: Pack Bounty needs to change

Post by itssBlue »

Hi there,

Rank actually makes a lot of sense. Imagine for 6 days you have 40-50 high levels farming their pack quests, getting the highest possible results/awards possible. Then suddenly they kick 10 and add 10 new accounts in. Those 10 accounts suddenly get rewards that are intended for higher levels and boosting the accounts. Essentially, basing the individual rewards on rank allows it to be tailored to the actual level/skill a player is and reward them appropriately rather than giving too little or allowing it to be given too much due to abuse of mechanics.

Itsnotmeitsyou

Post by Itsnotmeitsyou »

I get that. And I've seen that problem in another game. That's where members and leaders come into play. They keep the group full with active players, kicking the leaches.
Ongoing monitoring of players stats and contributions, and possibly setting the group to request only, helps keep the group only full with active members.

It's not hard and, quite frankly, it's the leaders job. To make it so it's virtually impossible for smaller packs to get close to any rewards, just because of that reason, is very unfair.

As it is now, points are given for quests. The more quests the better right? Obviously. So, the bounty is heavily geared towards full packs getting as many quests as they can. And because they have a lot of members, high points are much easier. With small packs, we are still supposed to get the same number of points from quests to get to rewards.

How does it even seem possible that packs of 2, 3, 4 can possibly get any further than the 500 pt mark? We can't. I know the rewards are based on rank, but the points to get to the rewards shouldn't be, that should be based on active players in the pack.

Itsnotmeitsyou

Post by Itsnotmeitsyou »

I just wanted to mention, I'm talking about the points needed to get to the rewards. Not the rewards themselves.

Quarantine

Post by Quarantine »

Well, if you were going to base it off individual performance...base it off something more appropriate than pre determined quests that have a time limit...its a restricted, forced value that doesn't truly empower the player to try or care.
***Solution:
Implementation of better tracking; quality and quantity of animals hunted
If your intention is to encourage players to play together; a "Co-OP meter", this meter can track many things and can base "part of" the weekly bounty off this...while keeping what you already have in place with the quests but adding another way to increase the bounty on an individual level
For farther updates you can implement more skills and game modes that help other wolfs and can use these skills/modes to assist in having better ways to increase the Co-OP meter
Our profile already tracks some things why not Just track more
Words words words

itssBlue

Post by itssBlue »

While I can understand your frustrations as a small pack, the point of pack weekly bounty is to give packs something to do/achieve together. Not every player has to take part, not every player has to join a pack. It's just something additional for packs to do. We do appreciate the feedback/suggestions though!

Quarantine

Post by Quarantine »

It's not something you have to do, but why not make it something people want to do?
Regardless of what lvl, rank, skills, CP score, attribute, ect.
Words words words

Itsnotmeitsyou

Post by Itsnotmeitsyou »

Just like how it can be done to lower or raise rewards depending on personal rank, it should be possible to lower and raise thingys (forgot what they're called) depending on how many are realistically obtainable for the pack size.

Sucks being left out of a certain part of the game, because it's geared towards other people.

Anyway. Thanks for listening.

itssBlue

Post by itssBlue »

I think there is a catch22 here. People wanted more for packs, we've done it this way, you can't really tailor it for smaller packs in the way you are saying because a 2 person pack shouldn't in theory be able to reach the same rewards as a 30 person active pack. Would make it some what obsolete. We will obviously look towards future updates and what other things might be possible, but for now I personally believe pack weekly is quite a fun one and brings a lot more players together :)

Itsnotmeitsyou

Post by Itsnotmeitsyou »

Understandable. But obviously the rewards would also be specific to number of people playing. I don't know.

I have zero intentions of joining a bigger pack. Just going into pvp when I have to for a quest irritates me, so join a pack with all that drama? Heck no.