We Need to Talk.

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
PharaohSabre

We Need to Talk.

Post by PharaohSabre » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:40 pm

About this idiotic trend going around this community called game 'Etiquette'. It's not a real thing. These fake rules are the creation of bossy entitled players that feel like they need to label/control everyone and there's no need to keep it relevant.

I'm gonna step on A LOT of toes here and quite frankly I don't care. As someone who's played this game since back when Green hills was the only map, TS didn't exist and you couldn't talk to your enemies in PVP, I can say with a degree of certainty that this game has gotten more dull and more annoying to play as of recent because of it.

I'll start with PVP.

PVP is NOT supposed to be easy. I remember being level 21 and being terrified of PVP because of how many times I got my tail handed to me on a silver platter. Especially when I was the weakest in the server. Even at level 50 I'm STILL the weakest wolf in some servers. Now suddenly everyone's trying to turn pvp into this lovey-dovey safe place that it isn't supposed to be, when you have Co-op for that. And I personally think it sucks. It'd be alright if some fighting is done at some point, or it wasn't so common. But it is extremely common and when I get in these rooms everyone's just standing around talking and I get hollered at for attacking anyone. It's called an ARENA. Not a lot of happy things go on in Arenas. Not the ones I prefer.

☆Portal blocking is a STRATEGY. I don't do it often for the sake of the smooth movement of the fight but really you're supposed to find a way to set a portal without the enemy seeing or stopping you. Not pray they have mercy and let you do it. Also, no rules against it.

☆I personally find leaving the server before certain death amusing as I see it as an act of cowardess. (Not that I haven't done it before, mind you) No rules against this either. :D

☆People are getting lectured because they wouldn't make it easier for their enemy to kill them. (Running, howling home, etc.) Which is just soooo bratty. You want a kill? Stop whining and work for it. And if you can make yourself more difficult to kill, by all means do it. If you have to double/tripple team, sprint away, run out from under the TS cloud, or chase an enemy on their last 400 hp, go ahead. Why? Because there are no rules against any of these things e i t h e r. :roll: Stop harrasing people for doing things you wouldn't if no rules are being broken.

This especially applies to several wolves attacking one wolf. I mean honestly, we have teams for a reason. And if your health is 12k or higher you can definitely expect four 4-6k wolves to run a train on you. It's a boost to your ego if you manage to kill them all and not die anyway. It applies to howling to the den as well. If we can't do that, you might as well making healing skills illegal as well. :? If you're using the same logic these crybaby players are.

"Really 2v1 ughh :/" Complain to someone else honey, I'm not hearing it. The frustration you feel when you get jumped, or someone sprints away from you or your thunderstorm cloud is what sets PvP apart from Co-op. How much fun would it be if your opponents were as dumb as the co-op animals? I'll give you a hint. NONE. AT ALL.

☆Targeting lower levels/Hps than yours. Don't even try to come at me about this. I am a level 50 (10k) and I got mauled by a 23k at least twice this week. I will NOT hesitate to sprint after a 3k or a level 48. A kill is a kill.

Now, on to Co-op.

☆ 'Stolen' kills. Can we please shut up about stolen kills, there is quite literally no such thing. EVERYTHING on and in the map is fair game. Nothing belongs to you. You cannot steal something that isn't owned by anyone. I literally don't care how many coins you need. Don't be a child. Instead of telling people what they can and cannot do focus on the goal. You'd probably reach the it faster if you spent more time hunting instead of whining, crying and trying to insult people over pixel animals.

And you know what the real kicker is? The same people that foam at the mouth over a regular ol' yak you 'took' from them are the first ones to holler "ShaRe sHaRe shArE" when you find a champion. Their prey is theirs ONLY and God forbid you go and touch it, but when there are gems involved suddenly "sharing is caring" and everyone wants a piece. Hypocrisy at it's finest. Speaking of champs.

☆NO ONE IS OBLIGATED TO SHARE A CHAMPION THEY CAN KILL ALONE. I can't stress this enough. I'm sick and tired of seeing people getting harrassed and called names because they choose not to broadcast their findings to everyone in the room. On the flip side, no one's obligated to leave the one you found alone either. If you find one kill it before anyone reaches your area and takes if from you. That being said, if you find one that someone else is killing you can go after that too. Especially if they die in the process. Like I said, everything's fair game.

☆Sharing champions. From my experiences, there is no correct way to do this. When it comes to champions, particularly larger ones, it doesn't matter if someone's uses Thunderstorm or not. Skills or no skills, the simple fact is that someone is going to get one single gem and someone is going to get the max amount. I prefer to be the latter. Note, I am much less aggressive with champions when I champion hunt with an allied pack or a partner/group of allies. On the good days when do decide to share champions with strangers in Co-op I typically don't use thunderstorm at all, I just make sure I get my damage in first. But just know that the SECOND I see a lightening strike, I'm whipping mine out too. If you aren't a friend or a packmate I have no reason to care how many gems you get.

And last but certainly not least NO ONE HAS ANY RIGHT TO CHASE, BULLY OR BULLY ANYONE OUT OF ANY SERVER FOR DOING ANY OF THE ABOVE. And if you think you have some divine right to do so you are absolutely DISGUSTING.

I dislike the concept of game etiquette because it creates whiny entitled players that throw tantrums and label you a cheater because you didn't follow their made up rules. I despise these players because they make The wolf extremely annoying to play especially in PVP. They think everyone owes it to them to make the game easier for them and will spend more time complaining you to death about how you play the game than they actually will using that thing called a brain to find a way around your antics. They'll call you out for running, but won't chase you. They will scold and insult you for playing the game in every allowable movement the game offers while they choose to limit theirs.

This trend of "Follow my fake rules so I can kill u easier or ur a cheater uwu" needs to stop, because a phrase that you will see me use a lot is "Let people play how they want" and nine times out of ten the response I get when I say it in game is "No". (The nerve of these kids.) Just straight up NO. Like, what the f**k? Who died and made you Queen, that you think you can bully anyone into following your non-existant rules just because you want them to??

Are these the kind of people you want to share your game time with?

Anyway call me old fashioned if you want but... If this is game etiquette then I have none. And I'm not sorry. I'm not going to make the game easier for you just because you think you deserve it. If Swiftapps saw an issue with any of this they would have set preventative measures in place. Guys I'm begging you, break away from the hive mind. Game etiquette is following the rules the creators set in place. Not trying to force everyone to conform to your made up ones. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.
Last edited by PharaohSabre on Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.
The Champion Thief

Pay-to-win =/= Strong

PharaohSabre

Re: We Need to Talk.

Post by PharaohSabre » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:02 pm

-Bump-
Last edited by PharaohSabre on Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Champion Thief

Pay-to-win =/= Strong

Coca

Post by Coca » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:45 pm

Hello, I've been playing just for a week but I can say I've seen part of what you're saying.

I'm lvl 39, kind of a noob still, but tbh I was surprised how friendly pvp is, even myself not being that good at making strategies could manage. But I agree it's a bit frustrated to get online to play and find people sitting around talking. You can always choose another game mode.

The same goes to Coop maps. People complaining about others killing their prays. That's why it's called COOP, nothing is yours!!

But yeah that doesn't mean everyone is bad. As a newbie I can say I've found a nice a mount of nice people and that's quite enough, most of the time I guess.

Wolfeel

Post by Wolfeel » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:53 pm

AMEN to your post and yes I have seen him x)

WintermelonÜ

Post by WintermelonÜ » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:58 am

A player just saw me kill a White tiger champ alone.. And they start harrasing me ..but I don't mind..
I agree on thiss...
WintermelonÜ
* Level 50 *
^³^

Maia

Post by Maia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:44 pm

Oof
Lots of love everyone just letting you know I’m never trying to be mean! ❤️

PharaohSabre

Post by PharaohSabre » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:42 pm

Wolfeel wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:53 pm
AMEN to your post and yes I have seen him x)
AHHHHHH :D :D :D :D
The Champion Thief

Pay-to-win =/= Strong

White Fang 1
Location: California, United States. Firefighter, USMC Mos 2651

Post by White Fang 1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:32 pm

Thus happens a lot.
*some people* share, share, share
*me* kills animal anyway
*them* does something but still wants other to share

Why so hypocritical.
Started playing in Sep 8, 2017 IGN: White Fang
KIK: White_Fang_1
Answer Most questions.

rain

Post by rain » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:09 pm

To begin with, I definitely agree that being able to talk to the other team and TS coming into the game made the game a lot more chaotic but at the same time irritating.

PVP
Back in the old days there were a lot more fights instead of people chatting. The ability to chat to the other team feature helped with this new 'safe arena'. I believe there were a lot more wars before because everyone was still leveling up at that point and actually needed xp to level up.

Although I do not like portal blocking, leaving the server, running, etc. and find those tactics annoying, there are no actual rules directed to those strategies. Sure, there are community rules subconsciously formed by players, but those rules do not need to be followed if you prefer not to. If you do not like it, do not cause a ruckus. Go find another room where the game is more to your preference. Do not shout at them for being rude. Shouting at someone who has not caused you harm to go die or something like that makes you worse than you think the 'unfair player' is.

Honestly, a find a 2v1 quite fun. If it's not something you like then simply leave the server. Whether someone targets lower hp players or not is their decision. I do not do this and do not like this but I do not control anyone else. You do you.

COOP
True words, true words. I've seen people complain about others 'stealing' their kills then complaining about someone not sharing a champion. It's really quite hypocritical. Just move on and find another animal. Your life hasn't ended.
(lol I wrote this before reading the next part but yeah, pretty much the same thing)

Again, sharing is a community rule and not official. Preferred by most but very much optional.

Simply, most rules are community rules and therefore do not have to be followed. If you detest a room that does not go with your preferred type of game, hop. Decisions exist for a reason and so does freedom. Plus, it's only a game so no need to overreact with insults and verbal battles.
cyne; rain; cyii
Art insta: @cyne__
Wolf insta: @cynelime

PharaohSabre

Post by PharaohSabre » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:08 pm

-bump + edits-
The Champion Thief

Pay-to-win =/= Strong