Use gems for skills or attributes?

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
FNATIX

Use gems for skills or attributes?

Post by FNATIX » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:24 am

Hello :D

Newish to the game and just reached the lvl 35-50?map for PvP. I’m wondering what I should be prioritizing with my gems. Upgrading my skills or attributes and why?

I tried looking for a related post and couldn’t find anything.

Currently a lvl 37 looking to be a poison build

Stats & skills

Health 45 (3k HP) Defence 44 attack 50 speed 35

When it comes to attributes what should I be prioritizing? I’m assuming attack and defence?

Skills
Basic - Venom lvl 7
Auras - Damage boost lvl 7
Special - Poison cloud lvl 5 & frost nova lvl 4
Totem - not sure what I should be using, currently using life Regen but haven’t upgraded any totems. Help me! :P

If there is a high Damage skill combo I should try out please share! Having a lot of fun rn but being lvl 37 going against people 10+ lvls higher is a bit of a challenge.

Just looking for some tips and advice

Thank you for taking the time to read.

V.R4.16

Re: Use gems for skills or attributes?

Post by V.R4.16 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:45 pm

I’m wondering what I should be prioritizing with my gems. Upgrading my skills or attributes and why?
DO NOT, and i repeat, DO NOT spend on attributes, especially so early into the game. It's a complete waste of gems. Put them into skills.
Health 45 (3k HP) Defence 44 attack 50 speed 35

When it comes to attributes what should I be prioritizing? I’m assuming attack and defence?
You're correct. Attack and defense should be your main focus. Personally, I'd stop at the health you're currently at and focus on maxing defense [level 65] and getting attack to a decent level [level 60-70]. However, speed is important as well. What's the use of having a big damage output if you're too slow to get any damage out? So, I would definitely upgrade speed a bit.

If you want some help with hitting these goals in-game, I'd be happy to help. Feel free to add me. Here's my ID: 10582193
If there is a high Damage skill combo I should try out please share!
The skill combo you're currently using, actually isn't so bad. I used to use the same. The stacked dps[damage per second] of both Venom and Poisonous Cloud is awesome. However, as you progress through the game you begin to realize that the skill CD[cool down] has some importance. So keep that in mind.

Other skill combos to consider would be;
Firewall and Poisonous Cloud
- Max damage output for Firewall is over 60,400
- Max damage output for Poisonous Cloud is over 22,300
Venom and Venomous Skin
- Max damage output for Venom is over 15,600
[That's with the original hit which is over 7,200 plus the dps after which is over 8,300 combined]
- Max damage output for Venomous Skin is over 10,400 to 120,800. [The reasoning behind the huge range of damage is that with one hit from Venomous Skin it's 10,400. But if you stacked the damage once for every 16 seconds that it is active, that would add up to a 120,800 damage output.]
Venom and Freezing Breath
- Max damage output for Freezing Breath is over 46,300.

All of these huge damage outputs are only possible with Max attack [level 300], as well as a max damage boost. However, that does not mean they aren't just as powerful at lower attack levels/damage boost levels.