Skill choices

Here's the place where you can ask for help and post your questions!
Skyres

Skill choices

Post by Skyres » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:55 am

I have a few questions about skill choices :)
Why do so many people use Frozen claw jump? from my perspective, firewall seems to make the most damage. Take lvl 1 as an example, firewall has D/S 170% x Duration 6.5 sec, which is 1105% damage in total, while FCjump only make 500% damage. I know it puts an handicap to the target, but firewall can burn multiple wolves at the same time and is so much cheaper to upgrade. Am I understanding something wrong here? Or is it just people's preferances? Someone told me that I might not want to take firewall all the way to lvl50...

Another question here... it says Thunderstorm has 8 hits, damage 360%, so it's 360% per hit? Because Overhead T claw has three hits, but I think it's making 260% damage in total? I wonder if I should go for Freezing breath or thunderstorm later when I level up on my new account (currently lvl42) with my previous two I went for frost nova and hurricane.

If someone could answer my questions it would be great, Thank you! :D
Bored, so I am checking this forum a few times a day...

Unrealisation

Re: Skill choices

Post by Unrealisation » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:26 pm

I'll add some of my thoughts to your first question. Firewall does more damage than fcj, but over time. It's also important to note that firewall is only effective when your enemies are on it. If they run often then firewall is practically useless.

I was a fcj user, but ever since I got firewall, I've loved it so much more. It's great to kill multiple animals, especially the big ones in coop (mammoths, mighty rhinos, aurochs, giant crocs, elephants). I also use firewall in pvp against big hps (20k+) and it works beautifully along side my freezing breath. This skill is really underrated in my opinion.

Granted, I think some people (like me) overlook this skill as impractical at first, but when you have lots of hps, high attack, and maxed db, I think firewall with the combination of the right skills can be extremely powerful.

As for your other question, I was a ts user and now a fb user. Both have its advantages and disadvantages, but I like fb more (shorter cooldown, more flexible). You can choose a skill you lean towards more and then as you play, observe other players. How does one use it more effectively than others?

One more important thing to mention---when sharing champs in coop, a lot of people will say "dOn'T uSe tS"--as a fb user i now avoid the players that say I have to play like this and this ;)
cнocoнolιc, ѕĸaтιng enтнυѕιaѕт, and ѕervanт тo мυlтιple caтѕ.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017

Skyres

Re: Skill choices

Post by Skyres » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:00 am

Thanks for the answer :) I am goint to upgrade my firewall now, didn't do it cause wasn't sure before.
Bored, so I am checking this forum a few times a day...