First puppy in game is born

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
Cheyennemay

First puppy in game is born

Post by Cheyennemay »

Maybe we need to transform the puppies (low level players) into real looking pups.
I would like that :lol:
I created a video how it would be having puppies into the game
Watch the puppy video
https://youtu.be/frSMebRDRKo
ɔɦəϔəήήə

Rogue

Re: First puppy in game is born

Post by Rogue »

That's cute :D

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

This is a great possibility in the future: have AI puppies that follow you and help you take down prey in coop. You can level up their strength and buy skins for them. Emotes would be great too; it makes the environment more interesting and spice things up.

If I'm honest, the game needs something drastically different. Right now it feels too dry. Instead of playing every morning, I log in for 30 seconds to check if the quests are desirable and log off.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
sixteen

tuomi

Post by tuomi »

I think that's a very good idea, both with puppy-players and puppy-AI. The only question is: is it not too much for servers or connections, if there are 16 AI in addition to 8 players?

And one think more: It would be good to add a choice of difficulty level, because e.g. I have level 10 and game threw me on a server where the rabbit's level od 60, so instead of hunting for stronger animals I run behind the opossums.
Last edited by tuomi on Thu May 07, 2020 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shad

Post by Shad »

They could just increase or decrease the size of the current wolves based on the player’s HP. High hp wolves are bigger looking and smaller hp wolves are smaller looking - anything more would just kinda make it awkward and sad that people need this level of escapism where they want pixel babies lmao.

Skyres

Post by Skyres »

Shad wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:47 am
They could just increase or decrease the size of the current wolves based on the player’s HP. High hp wolves are bigger looking and smaller hp wolves are smaller looking - anything more would just kinda make it awkward and sad that people need this level of escapism where they want pixel babies lmao.
Same here that I don't like the idea of having a puppy following the player. But I think instead of ranking on hp they should just give a size adjuster and let you customise your wolf's size.

nightmare3

Post by nightmare3 »

Personally I feel like having the ability to have a pup in the game would be more of a gateway to potentail predators (you know the kind I mean). I do like the idea but I don't think it would work...

I can just imagine someone asking a younger player if they want to have a puppy with them. :oops:

Unrealisation

Post by Unrealisation »

Skyres wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:01 am
Same here that I don't like the idea of having a puppy following the player.
If the developers ever implement the puppies feature, it would be an OPTION. You are not required to have a puppy following you, nor are you required to have a puppy at all. If you do adopt a puppy, you can either have it remain in one spot or follow you. Note: I am talking about AI puppies if that's what you mean.
nightmare3 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:57 pm
Personally I feel like having the ability to have a pup in the game would be more of a gateway to potential predators (you know the kind I mean). I do like the idea but I don't think it would work...

I can just imagine someone asking a younger player if they want to have a puppy with them. :oops:
I understand your concerns about pedophiles and sexual predators lurking on this game preying on younger players. However, I personally think puppies should be AIs. Here's the critical point that will make this feature somewhat safer: you don't "MATE" with another player to receive a puppy; instead, you "ADOPT" AI puppies alone. They can have special abilities like spotting champs for you on the map or killing small animals to generate a small number of coins for you. You can allow other players to see your puppies or disable the option so only you can see them. Back to the topic of online predators: if the devs don't want to make a report button, then it's up to the players themselves (no matter the age) to protect themselves. The least the devs could do though, is to make some information panel that discusses sexual predators and things like don't share your account or what to do with online bullying, etc. You know, just have information and resources out there readily accessible. It's essential that people, specifically children, are educated and well informed of online predators, and it's really up to the devs if they want to go extra measures to take action on that kind of thing.
Shad wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:47 am
- anything more would just kinda make it awkward and sad that people need this level of escapism where they want pixel babies lmao.
I agree that there should be a wolf size option, but I don't agree with what you said at the end, whether you mean AI puppies or real players as puppies. You may feel "awkward and sad" with the idea of having puppies in-game, but not everybody feels the same way as you. Escapism is usually defined as avoidance of the real. Most of the things we do are in fact, an escapist endeavor. Gaming is just another medium of those popular cultures that we have created to amuse us. The entirety of this game is a form of escapism itself: from playing as an animal to hunting other animals, whether to pass the time or for entertainment.

By "pixel babies," I'd assume you mean puppies in-game. What's the difference between "pixel wolves" and "pixel babies/puppies"? Animals in real-life reproduce offsprings, but players role-playing as wolves in the game can't want to adopt a puppy because that would make them "awkward and sad"? The app claims to have realistic graphics looking animals, what's so "awkward and sad" about adding/role-playing realistic behaviors, such as adopting a kind of your own? A puppy is like a companion, a friend who stays by your side and helps you (whether this be AI puppies or real players). What's so "awkward and sad" about wanting a companion? AI puppies can aid you and carve a new path for older players (specifically those who have reached or are reaching maxed attributes and skills). Real player puppies allow for more interactions and role-playing (remember that this is an RPG game). I get that procreating with another wolf in-game might not be appropriate for younger audiences, and that's why I suggested adopting a puppy by yourself instead of procreating. Adopting a puppy in-game (AI or real player) doesn't have to be "awkward and sad"; it's only that way if you let it be. Some people feel good when they help others hunt or level up, especially lower levels or weaker wolves.

Another thing: you see a lot of people in-game have "mates/bf/gf" and be a "wolf mom" or "wolf dad" or a "pup" or a "brother/sister" or an "uncle/aunt" or "grandma/grandpa." You see, the truth is, whether the devs add this [AI] puppy feature or not, building families, much like making packs, already exists in the game. It is through these types of established friendships and relationships---it's the PEOPLE that make this game worthwhile. Take away the players, take away the bondings, and this game will become a rusty shell.

Gaming isn’t merely about escaping from the harsh realities of the real world; it is about creating new, artistic, and interactive experiences. If you think wanting a puppy/family as an aspect in the game is a negative paradox of popular culture or if you think it extracts individuals from their social environment, then you first need to consider if, in fact, all forms of conventional lifestyles are forms of escapism.
тнε ωσℓғ sιηcε ησv 2017
sixteen

nightmare3

Post by nightmare3 »

Unrealisation wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:08 pm
Take away the players, take away the bondings, and this game will become a rusty shell.

Gaming isn’t merely about escaping from the harsh realities of the real world; it is about creating new, artistic, and interactive experiences. If you think wanting a puppy/family as an aspect in the game is a negative paradox of popular culture or if you think it extracts individuals from their social environment, then you first need to consider if, in fact, all forms of conventional lifestyles are forms of escapism.
Wow, very well said there! I appreciate the time you took to write up replies to all our responses. 👍

Having an option to disable/enable other players to see the puppy would be good too. Like I said, I do love the idea and I'm not against it. I'd like to see how it would turn out if it were to be tested in game. Personally, I think that it would turn out well and most of my worries would be unfounded, to be honest. It's just that I can't help but think about how it could go wrong. Curse you, my overthinking brain :lol:

But yeah, I do like the idea.